6/07/2016

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1501

3 Messages

Digest #1501

Messages

Mon Jun 6, 2016 5:14 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

dustycat90

Hi, I have a second generation iPod touch which has been working perfectly til recently. The first problem is that it is no longer shuffling. If I push the arrows on the lower right to move to the next song it does that. If I push the icon on the upper right it will change to the next song after the first one is finished but it will not continue shuffling. Soooooo, how do I get it to shuffle again?


The second problem is that I just bought a new album on iTunes and went to sync the iPod. In iTunes I went to File and Devices but sync is greyed out and my iPod is not listed in devices. So does this mean I cannot move new music to the iPod?


I think I bought this in early 2009 so I suppose more than 7 years of perfect operation is too much to ask?


Thanks.


Joyce Keay

Mon Jun 6, 2016 7:43 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"bj" jblair44

I don't have much on my old Touch2 and hardly ever use it anymore --
in fact, I just plugged it in, after letting it run down "too far" and it
had to be restored from a backup of 6+ months ago.

Does the little device icon show in the top bar next to the music/drop-down
box?
If so, select it there to get to the syncing page for that device.

I put a playlist on to see about shuffling.
When the song is playing and the album cover shows -- in portrait mode--
I see an arrow on the upper *left* to get back to the playlist, then the
"shuffle" label & icon above the list of song titles.
I can either select shuffle before I start play, or start play & go back &
select shuffle.
bj

From: joycekeay@comcast.net [the_ipod_group]
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2016 8:41 PM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [the_ipod_group] Two problems: syncing and shuffling

Hi, I have a second generation iPod touch which has been working perfectly
til recently. The first problem is that it is no longer shuffling. If I
push the arrows on the lower right to move to the next song it does that.
If I push the icon on the upper right it will change to the next song after
the first one is finished but it will not continue shuffling. Soooooo, how
do I get it to shuffle again?

The second problem is that I just bought a new album on iTunes and went to
sync the iPod. In iTunes I went to File and Devices but sync is greyed out
and my iPod is not listed in devices. So does this mean I cannot move new
music to the iPod?

I think I bought this in early 2009 so I suppose more than 7 years of
perfect operation is too much to ask?

Thanks.

Joyce Keay

Mon Jun 6, 2016 7:44 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"David Smith" dvdcsmth



Tried rebooting it?

Got the latest update?

Yeah, I think it's time to get a new iPod 😎

> On Jun 5, 2016, at 8:41 PM, joycekeay@comcast.net [the_ipod_group] <the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I have a second generation iPod touch which has been working perfectly til recently. The first problem is that it is no longer shuffling. If I push the arrows on the lower right to move to the next song it does that. If I push the icon on the upper right it will change to the next song after the first one is finished but it will not continue shuffling. Soooooo, how do I get it to shuffle again?
>
>
>
> The second problem is that I just bought a new album on iTunes and went to sync the iPod. In iTunes I went to File and Devices but sync is greyed out and my iPod is not listed in devices. So does this mean I cannot move new music to the iPod?
>
>
>
> I think I bought this in early 2009 so I suppose more than 7 years of perfect operation is too much to ask?
>
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
>
> Joyce Keay
>
>