11/03/2016

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1505

1 Message

Digest #1505
1a
Re: Drag and Drop songs by "Connie Blanken" millikinminpins

Message

Wed Nov 2, 2016 9:14 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Connie Blanken" millikinminpins

I just go into iTunes and select my Library, and Music and plug my iPod into my computer after refreshing, should I also have podcasts coming in, and after plugging the iPod in the USB port, everything downloads automatically. I'm guessing that either you lack space on your iPod, or maybe since it's a Classic, you have had an update of the iTunes software and your Classic is no longer compatible. The Classics are no longer being made, so they are becoming obsolete pretty quickly. You might try calling Apple to find out if the latest version you have on iTunes is compatible with your software version in your Classic. I had this happen to me too. I recently went to an iPhone 5S instead of buying another iPod. In essence, I combined my phone with my iPod, so I only have one device. Let me say, my iTunes works a bit different using the iPhone 5S. I actually preferred the Classic, but my Classic died. It was about 4 years old and I used it constantly.

Connie

From: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 2:46 PM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [the_ipod_group] Drag and Drop songs

Hi there,

I don't add songs to my iPod very often, but when I do I feel like a complete moron!!! I have the most difficult time.

I used to be able to "drag and drop" songs, but when I do that now the red circle with a line through it comes up (like No Parking). The songs are currently on my computer in a Music folder.

I have an iPod classic and it says my version of iTunes is up to date.

I've tried to research this on my own with no success. I know under "settings"; there is a music section that shows another menu regarding "Sync Music". I was trying to choose "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres" as it sounded like I would be able to manually add my music this way but that option is grayed out so I can't do that.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Brenda