7/11/2014

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1448

2 Messages

Digest #1448
1a
Re: Uploading music into iTunes by "Michael" michael.harvey23
2
Restore by jwmeritt

Messages

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:24 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Michael" michael.harvey23

You can also rename the album. Instead of the album name being "The Grass cd 1" and "The Grass cd 2" , you just eliminate cd 1 and cd 2 from the album name and make it "The Grass" and all tracts with the album name "The Grass" will be listed as one album.

It's easy to rename. You could highlight all songs in cd 1 and right click and choose "get info" and remove cd 1. Do the same for cd 2.

Sent from my iPhone 

On Jul 9, 2014, at 7:10 PM, "Gary grbenny@comcast.net [the_ipod_group]" <the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

You could put any number of track from assorted albums in a playlist and they will all play. That's the reason for the playlist.

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 9, 2014, at 12:20 PM, "DON MILLER cordgrass@bellsouth.net [the_ipod_group]" <the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
> If the CD is of a Soundtrack with say 5 tracks on each of 2 CDs, if they are in a playlist one would still have to select each CD to play, right? The play would not proceed from track 5 of CD1 to track 1 of CD2, right? What I wanted is to see if I could hear the total of both CDs by hitting play just once.
>
> From: "Gary Benny grbenny@comcast.net [the_ipod_group]" <the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com>
> To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 2:30 PM
> Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] Re: Uploading music into iTunes
>
>
> Or you could put both albums in a playlist.
>
> Gary
>
>
>
>> On Jul 9, 2014, at 10:09 AM, "tfotb@yahoo.com [the_ipod_group]" <the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Don
>>
>> I have issues in the past getting all songs under one "albulm" in iTunes. As far as the second part of your question under Info there is a section for albulm blank of blank, I highlight both albulms and mark as compilation, then I go in and do it for albulm 1 of 2, then 2 of 2,
>>
>> Wayne

Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:22 am (PDT) . Posted by:

jwmeritt

while back I used iTunes to put almost all my music library onto my touch iPod. There have been "issues" with my laptop hard drive and I would like to (once) run things the other way and restore all the playlists and their contents from the touch back to iTunes. There are thousands of separate tunes, so one-at-a time would take a very long time. I only need to do this once, so do not need to buy something for use over and over. Help, please.