7/24/2014

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1453

1 Message

Digest #1453
1a
can't send mail by "June Perry" shantip1

Message

Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:38 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"June Perry" shantip1


I found the solution to all my apple devices refusing to send emails. It has to do with the setup on outgoing mail. They give you the option of using or not using a password, and I didn't bother to use one. Seems they lie! Once I deleted that email, and set it up as a new email, and chose a password for the outgoing server, it solved the problem.

Century link had no fix for it, and suggested I use their premium pay service for more help. They have to be kidding! So I played with it myself and found this fix. Hope it helps some others who have had this problem with apple devices and email after upgrading to their newer operating system 7.01 and .02.

June