10/18/2013

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1408

2 New Messages

Digest #1408

Messages

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:28 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

alanherskowitz

Hello All:

I have a new wINDOWS 7 computer. My old PC has windows XP on it. I've upgraded to the new iTunes software.

Here's my problem: I am trying to transfer all my music and videos from the XP computer to my new WIN7 PC. I went into ITunes on the new PC, and uploaded a CD album. I noted the exact folder where the files were uploaded, and then tried to copy the contents of my MUSIC folder from the XP PC to that exact folder on the WIN7 PC.

Well, i did not get good results. I did find a folder on the new WIN7 PC that is called, "Automatically Add to ITunes" and I found that if I put a folder from the XP PC into that folder on the win7 PC, it does show up in iTUnes on the new PC. But...... I have a feeling that there is an easier way to get my music and video files copied over to the new PC.

ALso, on the new PC, everytime I start the ITunes program, it brings me to a welcome page and all my settings (the menus) need to be reset (they don't show until i click on SHOW MENUS).

Anyone know how to resolve these issues?


THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:10 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"bj" jblair44

See
http://help.apple.com/itunes/win/10.5.1/#itns3230

If you have a large library, it can take a while.

This would also be a good time to be sure you have it all backed up on an
external hard drive!
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: alanherskowitz@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:22 PM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [the_ipod_group] a new WIN7 PC.... with all my ITunes files on
XP........

Hello All:

I have a new wINDOWS 7 computer. My old PC has windows XP on it. I've
upgraded to the new iTunes software.

Here's my problem: I am trying to transfer all my music and videos from the
XP computer to my new WIN7 PC. I went into ITunes on the new PC, and
uploaded a CD album. I noted the exact folder where the files were
uploaded, and then tried to copy the contents of my MUSIC folder from the XP
PC to that exact folder on the WIN7 PC.

Well, i did not get good results. I did find a folder on the new WIN7 PC
that is called, "Automatically Add to ITunes" and I found that if I put a
folder from the XP PC into that folder on the win7 PC, it does show up in
iTUnes on the new PC. But...... I have a feeling that there is an easier
way to get my music and video files copied over to the new PC.

ALso, on the new PC, everytime I start the ITunes program, it brings me to a
welcome page and all my settings (the menus) need to be reset (they don't
show until i click on SHOW MENUS).

Anyone know how to resolve these issues?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!