1/18/2014

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1418

1 New Message

Digest #1418
1a
Re: Artwork is messed up - please help! by "Brenda" midniteblu02910

Message

Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:45 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Brenda" midniteblu02910



Ryan & Michael,

Thank you for your replies.

I was finally able to reset my iPod several times, but that did not work. I also tried the unsync and resync which also did not work.

I researched and was able to find a free (if it's free it's for me!) application so I have all of my songs backed up on my computer as well as an external disk. Once I backed everything up, I restored my iPod and once I put the songs back on, everything is as good as new.

Thanks again,
Brenda

--- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Harvey <michael.harvey0@...> wrote:
>
> Yes, restoring the device will remove all content. Before you restore, do a
> backup which will save all data like contacts, web bookmarks, ect. The
> media files are stored on the computer and would be resynced to the device
> once the restore is complete.
>
> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014, Brenda wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Ryan,
> >
> > Thank you for your reply. For some reason, I am not able to reset my iPod.
> > The screen turns black, but the Apple logo does not appear.
> >
> > Doesn't a restore remove all of the songs? If so, is there a feature in
> > iTunes to backup the songs to a disc or external hard drive? I have 828
> > songs on my iPod.
> >
> > I did look at the thread that you referenced, and see that there is
> > syncing and unsyncing instructions in layman's terms, which is exactly what
> > I needed. I will try this later today and hopefully that will work and I'll
> > let you know :-).
> >
> > Thanks again for your help.
> >
> > Brenda
> >
> > --- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
> > 'the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com');>, Ryan Waldon <ryanwaldon2002@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Brenda:
> > >
> > > The first thing I would do would be to try a reset. If that doesn't work
> > I would move on to a restore, which isn't nearly as traumatic as you'd
> > think. Perform the reset 2-3 times if it doesn't work the first time.
> > Approximately how many songs do you have in your iPod?
> > >
> > > --ryan
> > >
> > > Sent from my Apple iPhone 
> > >
> > > > On Jan 13, 2014, at 11:48, "Brenda" <luvmeluvmydog@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > I have not been able to find a solution to my problem anywhere, so I
> > am not sure if there is one or not!!
> > > >
> > > > I recently added a CD that I purchased onto my iPod. I haven't added
> > songs in quite some time, so I must have done something wrong. The CD that
> > I added has the correct artwork to the songs, but all of my other (around
> > 800) songs now either have a fuzzy TV screen like artwork or the artwork is
> > mismatched (i.e., a Daughtry song will play but the album cover is from
> > Guns and Roses).
> > > >
> > > > When I have the iPod connected to my computer, all of the artwork to
> > the songs are correct.
> > > >
> > > > I've tried researching online and I think my ipod is too old to have a
> > relevant solution - many say "unsync" and "resync" and I can't even find
> > where to unsync.
> > > > I am usually pretty computer savvy but in this case I appear to
> > require some type of "iPod for dummies" instructions.
> > > >
> > > > Other information:
> > > >
> > > > I have I tunes 10 - should I upgrade it?
> > > >
> > > > My Ipod is model number A1236, 8G (it's old).
> > > >
> > > > Also, with that many songs on my iPod, I definitely to do not want to
> > restore it and lose everything.
> > > >
> > > > Any help would be most appreciated.
> > > >
> > > > Thank you, Brenda
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
> >
>