1/21/2014

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1419

5 New Messages

Digest #1419

Messages

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:34 am (PST) . Posted by:

dustycat90

Hi, I have a 2nd gen. iPod Touch (version 4.2.1) with 6.8G capacity and 2.3 G available.


I recently bought two albums on iTunes that have synced successfully to my iPad, but I am having a problem syncing them to the Touch. iTunes is saying there is not enough room (10.6 mb additional space required). This is ridiculous. I've taken a bunch of games off the iPod since first seeing this message and with 2.3 G available surely there must be enough room available.


Do I need to do some sort of reset?


Thanks. Joyce

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:43 am (PST) . Posted by:

"bj" jblair44

How much room do those albums take?
(select all the tracks & the total space they take is
at the bottom of the screen)
Some d/l albums can be pretty big since they're not limited to the space on
a single CD -- they're more like "boxed sets" than single albums.

Maybe there really *isn't* enough space on the Touch for them --
it sounds like you're being told you're just a tad short.

Something is taking up all the room -- have you checked what it may be?
(see settings-general-about, not that detailed but may help)

Have you tried syncing either album by itself? just to see if the syncing is
a problem?

If space itself is not the problem, try re-d/l each album.
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: joycekeay@comcast.net
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 11:33 AM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [the_ipod_group] 2nd gen iPod touch syncing problem

Hi, I have a 2nd gen. iPod Touch (version 4.2.1) with 6.8G capacity and 2.3
G available.

I recently bought two albums on iTunes that have synced successfully to my
iPad, but I am having a problem syncing them to the Touch. iTunes is saying
there is not enough room (10.6 mb additional space required). This is
ridiculous. I've taken a bunch of games off the iPod since first seeing
this message and with 2.3 G available surely there must be enough room
available.

Do I need to do some sort of reset?

Thanks. Joyce

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:25 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Gary Benny" gary_benny

I can't imagine an album of songs being that large. Even if there were 30 songs total at 20 MB each, that would only be 600 MB.

It should be easy to check out the size of the files.

Gary.

> On Jan 20, 2014, at 10:39 AM, "bj" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> How much room do those albums take?
> (select all the tracks & the total space they take is
> at the bottom of the screen)
> Some d/l albums can be pretty big since they're not limited to the space on
> a single CD -- they're more like "boxed sets" than single albums.
>
> Maybe there really *isn't* enough space on the Touch for them --
> it sounds like you're being told you're just a tad short.
>
> Something is taking up all the room -- have you checked what it may be?
> (see settings-general-about, not that detailed but may help)
>
> Have you tried syncing either album by itself? just to see if the syncing is
> a problem?
>
> If space itself is not the problem, try re-d/l each album.
> bj
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: joycekeay@comcast.net
> Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 11:33 AM
> To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [the_ipod_group] 2nd gen iPod touch syncing problem
>
> Hi, I have a 2nd gen. iPod Touch (version 4.2.1) with 6.8G capacity and 2.3
> G available.
>
> I recently bought two albums on iTunes that have synced successfully to my
> iPad, but I am having a problem syncing them to the Touch. iTunes is saying
> there is not enough room (10.6 mb additional space required). This is
> ridiculous. I've taken a bunch of games off the iPod since first seeing
> this message and with 2.3 G available surely there must be enough room
> available.
>
> Do I need to do some sort of reset?
>
> Thanks. Joyce
>
>

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:20 pm (PST) . Posted by:

dustycat90

Thanks for trying but I am unable to select all tracks to see how much room they take. Also I can't figure out how to download the albums separately. Normally I do not have a problem following directions posted in groups, but I'm at a loss.

Both of these albums are just plain old ordinary albums - about 12 songs each. No way should they be taking up that much room.


Also, going to settings/general/about didn't tell me a thing. Any other ideas?


Should I reset the iPod?


Joyce

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:29 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Joyce:

Try this - in iTunes, on your computer, select all the tracks on the album(s), right-click and choose "create AAC version". iTunes will make new copies of the tracks. Try synching these copies to your iPod.

--ryan

Sent from my Apple iPad 

> On Jan 20, 2014, at 16:40, <joycekeay@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks for trying but I am unable to select all tracks to see how much room they take. Also I can't figure out how to download the albums separately. Normally I do not have a problem following directions posted in groups, but I'm at a loss.
>
>
> Both of these albums are just plain old ordinary albums - about 12 songs each. No way should they be taking up that much room.
>
> Also, going to settings/general/about didn't tell me a thing. Any other ideas?
>
> Should I reset the iPod?
>
> Joyce
>
We are making changes based on your feedback, Thank you !
The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog