1/22/2014

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1420

5 New Messages

Digest #1420
1b
Re: 2nd gen iPod touch syncing problem by "Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002
2a
2b
Re: Restore old updates by "Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Messages

Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 am (PST) . Posted by:

dustycat90

After trying all the suggestions posted, I finally deleted one app (Great Books) and resynced. That did it. The two albums are now on my iPod. Very weird though, right after the sync procedure iTunes said there were 17 problems and that a bunch of apps could not be loaded on to the iPod, but when I looked at the iPod, there they were. Now looking at available room on the iPod, I only have 803 mb available whereas before I had a couple of gigabytes. That's OK.


Thanks for trying. Joyce

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:02 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Joyce:

Based on the number of FUBAR issues you're reporting with your iPod, I think a reset would be a prudent action. To answer your earlier question, a reset will NOT negatively affect your device (or its data) in any way. I like to think of an iOS reset as "flushing the toilet" after a lot of traffic. I think you'll find things both snappier and much more reliable post-reset.

-- ryan

Sent from my Apple Mac mini  via Airmail

On 21.January 2014 at 9:56:59 , joycekeay@comcast.net (joycekeay@comcast.net) wrote:

After trying all the suggestions posted, I finally deleted one app (Great Books) and resynced.  That did it.  The two albums are now on my iPod.  Very weird though, right after the sync procedure iTunes said there were 17 problems and that a bunch of apps could not be loaded on to the iPod, but when I looked at the iPod, there they were.  Now looking at available room on the iPod, I only have 803 mb available whereas before I had a couple of gigabytes.  That's OK.

Thanks for trying.  Joyce

  

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:06 am (PST) . Posted by:

"bj" jblair44

Note that a "reset" is not the same as a "restore"!
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Waldon
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:00 AM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] RE: 2nd gen iPod touch syncing problem

Joyce:

Based on the number of FUBAR issues you're reporting with your iPod, I think
a reset would be a prudent action. To answer your earlier question, a reset
will NOT negatively affect your device (or its data) in any way. I like to
think of an iOS reset as "flushing the toilet" after a lot of traffic. I
think you'll find things both snappier and much more reliable post-reset.

On 21.January 2014 at 9:56:59 , joycekeay@comcast.net
(joycekeay@comcast.net) wrote:

After trying all the suggestions posted, I finally deleted one app (Great
Books) and resynced. That did it. The two albums are now on my iPod. Very
weird though, right after the sync procedure iTunes said there were 17
problems and that a bunch of apps could not be loaded on to the iPod, but
when I looked at the iPod, there they were. Now looking at available room
on the iPod, I only have 803 mb available whereas before I had a couple of
gigabytes. That's OK.

Thanks for trying. Joyce

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:56 pm (PST) . Posted by:

jaguar2s

Have second gen touch, RESTORE it, and notice, that some app will not play> They tell me to update to 4.3. In the update it will not do it> The update will go all the way to I believe 6 but nothing lower. Guessing that restore took out the 4.3 update and only goes to 4. Is their anyway to update just part way. Most of the backup work ok, just the few that needs more up update.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:09 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Per Mactracker, the second generation iPod touch will only update to 4.2.1:

SOFTWARE
Original OS iOS 2.1.1 (5F138)
Maximum OS iOS 4.2.1 (8C148)
iTunes Version iTunes 8.0 or later
System Requirements Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later or Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
Try going to the Appstore, on your device via wifi. Go to the update tab and try to download your apps there. If the developer (or Apple) hasn't pulled the old versions of your apps, the server should detect your device and push the appropriate version to you…

--ryan

Sent from my Apple iPad 

> On Jan 21, 2014, at 18:42, <jaguar0@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Have second gen touch, RESTORE it, and notice, that some app will not play> They tell me to update to 4.3. In the update it will not do it> The update will go all the way to I believe 6 but nothing lower. Guessing that restore took out the 4.3 update and only goes to 4. Is their anyway to update just part way. Most of the backup work ok, just the few that needs more up update.
>
>
We are making changes based on your feedback, Thank you !
The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog