1/27/2014

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1423

2 New Messages

Digest #1423
1a
Re: noisy iPod by "Connie Blanken" millikinminpins
1b
Re: noisy iPod by "Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Messages

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:28 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Connie Blanken" millikinminpins

I hear whirling sounds, sometimes, but not all the time. I didn't use to hear those. I would like to hang on to my iPod, it is a high capacity one. Connie

From: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Waldon
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:22 PM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] noisy iPod

Connie:

If you have a larger capacity iPod (+64GB), you may want to hang on to it, as the iPod Touch maxes out at 64GB. Are you hearing whirling sounds from the iPod, or clickitey-click sounds?

—ryan

Sent from my Apple Mac mini  via Airmail

On 23.January 2014 at 20:49:24 , Connie Blanken (cblanken1218@roadrunner.com) wrote:

I have an iPod that has given me good service, and lately I noticed that the wheel doesn't track with my finger like it used to. Then shortly after that, I'm not noticing that changing screens and selecting items, I can hear a disk spinning sound. This makes me think that maybe the disk is going bad in the iPod. I've only had it about a year (I think). Could be 2 years though. Has anyone else experienced this with their iPod? If it's close to needing repair, do you recommend that, or is it so costly that I'd be better off getting a new one once this one quits completely? Especially since these iPods do get so they won't work with new operating systems as they roll out.

Connie

Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:12 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Connie:

I don't think the whirling sounds you're hearing are indicative of hard-drive distress. I think you're just hearing normal operation sounds. Clicking sounds usually mean the read/write heads are having difficulty seeking and tracking properly, possibly due to damaged sectors. If you're using a Mac, you can plug your iPod into it, put it in drive-mode, and use Disk Utility to check and (if necessary) repair the iPod's drive.

But, I actually think that all is probably well with your iPod.

--ryan

Sent from my Apple iPad 

> On Jan 26, 2014, at 17:18, "Connie Blanken" <cblanken1218@roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
> I hear whirling sounds, sometimes, but not all the time. I didn't use to hear those. I would like to hang on to my iPod, it is a high capacity one. Connie
>
>
>
> From: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ryan Waldon
> Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:22 PM
> To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] noisy iPod
>
>
>
>
>
> Connie:
>
>
>
> If you have a larger capacity iPod (+64GB), you may want to hang on to it, as the iPod Touch maxes out at 64GB. Are you hearing whirling sounds from the iPod, or clickitey-click sounds?
>
>
>
> —ryan
>
> Sent from my Apple Mac mini  via Airmail
>
>
>
> On 23.January 2014 at 20:49:24 , Connie Blanken (cblanken1218@roadrunner.com) wrote:
>
>
>
> I have an iPod that has given me good service, and lately I noticed that the wheel doesn't track with my finger like it used to. Then shortly after that, I'm not noticing that changing screens and selecting items, I can hear a disk spinning sound. This makes me think that maybe the disk is going bad in the iPod. I've only had it about a year (I think). Could be 2 years though. Has anyone else experienced this with their iPod? If it's close to needing repair, do you recommend that, or is it so costly that I'd be better off getting a new one once this one quits completely? Especially since these iPods do get so they won't work with new operating systems as they roll out.
>
>
>
> Connie
>
>
>
We are making changes based on your feedback, Thank you !
The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog