5/22/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 3009

Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Switching of iphone to just replay music.

Posted by: "Will" will@post.com   will_halligan

Mon May 21, 2012 5:30 am (PDT)



Brilliant!

Many thanks

Will

> Yes. Put it in "Airplane Mode". Then it essentially turns into an iPod touch. It will also shut off wifi and email by doing that. 
>
> ________________________________
> From: Will <will@...>
> To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 11:55 PM
> Subject: [apple-iphone] Switching of iphone to just replay music.
>
> Is it possible to switch the iphone to not receive calls but still
> play music?

2.1.

Re: Verizon to kill unlimited data plans for existing subscribers

Posted by: "whiterabbit32" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Mon May 21, 2012 12:42 pm (PDT)



Yes, I've found certain phones have better signals than others. Also can depend on type of case being used.

Alice
Sent from my iPhone 4

On May 19, 2012, at 9:20 PM, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@comcast.net> wrote:

> I used to travel all over the US and Canada for work. If you are near hills, mountains, and valleys, or are on some large bodies of water, don't expect good coverage. Again, think line of sight to the nearest cell tower. It is not that bad, but something like that.
>
> Traveling with a cell phone will always find shadows of no reception. That is just how it is with cell phones no matter who you are with. The phone you have also has a lot to do with it.
>
> Brent
>
> On May 19, 2012, at 8:15 PM, whiterabbit32 wrote:
>
> Yes, the California coast has terrible cell service. I turn my phone completely off when on traveling alng the coast. AT&T works well in the Sacramento area where I'm at. I travel all over the state. I've got friends all over the state.
>
> Alice
> Sent from my iPhone 4
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Bluetooth to iPhone 4s recognition

Posted by: "Mary Fowler Leek" mleek@sbcglobal.net   mleek@sbcglobal.net

Mon May 21, 2012 2:42 pm (PDT)



I would like to cancel my land line at home and purchase phones that will synch via Bluetooth with my Apple iPhone 4s.

Has anyone used this type of home phone and if so, will you comment on voice quality and brand and model of phones you've used.

My thanks,
MEL

3b.

Re: Bluetooth to iPhone 4s recognition

Posted by: "Robert (Bob) P Andris" bob@andrisfamily.net   bobandris

Mon May 21, 2012 3:38 pm (PDT)



Have a Vtech DS6322-4, base + 3 sats, that works great. Look into it.

On May 21, 2012, at 2:39 PM,5/21/12, Mary Fowler Leek wrote:

> I would like to cancel my land line at home and purchase phones that will synch via Bluetooth with my Apple iPhone 4s.
>
> Has anyone used this type of home phone and if so, will you comment on voice quality and brand and model of phones you've used.

3c.

Re: Bluetooth to iPhone 4s recognition

Posted by: "lwr32" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Mon May 21, 2012 4:06 pm (PDT)



Hmmmm, I haven't heard of phones like that. Hubby and I got rid of our land line a few years ago and use our iPhones for everything.

🐰 Alice

On May 21, 2012, at 2:58 PM, "Robert (Bob) P Andris" <bob@andrisfamily.net> wrote:

> Have a Vtech DS6322-4, base + 3 sats, that works great. Look into it.
>
> On May 21, 2012, at 2:39 PM,5/21/12, Mary Fowler Leek wrote:
>
> > I would like to cancel my land line at home and purchase phones that will synch via Bluetooth with my Apple iPhone 4s.
> >
> > Has anyone used this type of home phone and if so, will you comment on voice quality and brand and model of phones you've used.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Family and home

Tips for mom

Cat Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Join a Group

all about cats.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web