5/26/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 3012

Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)

1a.
Note taking on iPad From: claddidle
1b.
Re: Note taking on iPad From: Chris Laarman
2a.
Synch Question From: robertseiden
2b.
Re: Synch Question From: Otto Nikolaus
3a.
Mophie From: jparkerg@yahoo.com
4.
Calendar Problem From: Wayne & Janet Brunner

Messages

1a.

Note taking on iPad

Posted by: "claddidle" pinnyfb@gmail.com   claddidle

Fri May 25, 2012 5:02 am (PDT)



Hello iPad users!

I am trying to find a way to take long notes on my iPad 2. I have tried 3 different apps, Noteshelf, Note Take HD and Penultimate. I have tried them with two different stylus...the Bamboo Stylus and the Targus Stylus, both of which I got at Best Buy. I can't get anything less than a frustrating experience with them.

In all three applications and using either stylus, what I write does not take all the time (meaning there is nothing there but blank white even though I just wrote on it) or sometimes it will show up and then immediately dissappear. It skips a lot of the time and sometimes wants to scroll the page rather than write for me. I have tried hard pressing, light pressing, holding the stylus in all different ways and even turning it to see if it better on one side or another. With everything I have tried, it just appears that note taking is not a good experience.

Is this common or am I doing something wrong? Any advise will be appreciated as I have spent money on these apps and styli trying to resolve this but more importantly, I need it to work close to the same as taking notes with pad and pen. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

1b.

Re: Note taking on iPad

Posted by: "Chris Laarman" v.c.laarman@gmail.com   chrislaarman

Fri May 25, 2012 5:57 pm (PDT)



"claddidle" <pinnyfb@gmail.com> on Fri, 25 May 2012 11:54:18 -0000:

>I am trying to find a way to take long notes on my iPad 2. I have tried 3 different apps, Noteshelf, Note Take HD and Penultimate. I have tried them with two different stylus...the Bamboo Stylus and the Targus Stylus, both of which I got at Best Buy. I can't get anything less than a frustrating experience with them.
>
>In all three applications and using either stylus, what I write does not take all the time (meaning there is nothing there but blank white even though I just wrote on it) or sometimes it will show up and then immediately dissappear. It skips a lot of the time and sometimes wants to scroll the page rather than write for me. I have tried hard pressing, light pressing, holding the stylus in all different ways and even turning it to see if it better on one side or another. With everything I have tried, it just appears that note taking is not a good experience.
>
>Is this common or am I doing something wrong? Any advise will be appreciated as I have spent money on these apps and styli trying to resolve this but more importantly, I need it to work close to the same as taking notes with pad and pen. Any suggestions?

1) I don't know if you're doing something wrong.

2) I wonder if you need a stylus for taking notes, but I can imagine
you using one.

3) I am busy describing the apps I have (well over 500) for my iPad 2
in a spreadsheet. Note-taking apps are a department where I am likely
to uninstall many.

4) Inkflow (by Qrayon) may perfectly answer your question.
I happened to install it yesterday, and it does work.
However, I expect this one not to be among my final ones. PhatPad may
be.

5) I think that the right note-taking app may depend on both your
preferencess (like hand-writing or typing) and the aim of the notes.
Like minute-keeping or mind-mapping.
Qrayon also offers Stickyboard. That may be a step closer to
mind-mapping, but other apps may be far better at that.
So you may end up using different apps for different note-taking
purposes.

--
Chris Laarman

2a.

Synch Question

Posted by: "robertseiden" theseidens@earthlink.net   robertseiden

Fri May 25, 2012 8:22 am (PDT)



iMac Intel Core i5; OS 10.6.8 - Snow Leopard; MacBook Pro OS7 - Lion And therein lies the problem.

My wife is CalendarMaster in our household. She is using iCloud to synch our contacts and calendars. This works fine between her MacBook Pro, her and my iPhones, and our iPad 2.

Because my iMac is operating using OS 10.6.8, it cannot synch via the Cloud.

How do I synch (transfer) the Calendars and Contacts that have arrived on my iPhone via the cloud from the 'phone to my non-cloud iMac running OS 10.6.8? Can this be done?

Thanks,
bob seiden

2b.

Re: Synch Question

Posted by: "Otto Nikolaus" otto.nikolaus@googlemail.com   nikyzf

Fri May 25, 2012 8:30 am (PDT)



Sync your iPhone with your Mac's iCal and Address Book using iTunes.

Otto

On 25 May 2012 14:46, robertseiden <theseidens@earthlink.net> wrote:

> iMac Intel Core i5; OS 10.6.8 - Snow Leopard; MacBook Pro OS7 - Lion
> And therein lies the problem.
>
> My wife is CalendarMaster in our household. She is using iCloud to synch
> our contacts and calendars. This works fine between her MacBook Pro, her
> and my iPhones, and our iPad 2.
>
> Because my iMac is operating using OS 10.6.8, it cannot synch via the
> Cloud.
>
> How do I synch (transfer) the Calendars and Contacts that have arrived on
> my iPhone via the cloud from the 'phone to my non-cloud iMac running OS
> 10.6.8? Can this be done?
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Mophie

Posted by: "jparkerg@yahoo.com" jparkerg@yahoo.com   jparkerg

Fri May 25, 2012 8:22 am (PDT)



Fyi
Mophie is on sale this weekend at Mophie.com

No affiliation-- just a satisfied customer

4.

Calendar Problem

Posted by: "Wayne & Janet Brunner" wajabrun@nelson-tel.net   janetsbrunner

Fri May 25, 2012 9:24 am (PDT)



I have an iPhone 4 upgraded to 4S, using iCloud to sync everything.
I use to have a Mac, but long story short am now using PC laptop and
desktop, both Windows 7.
My problem - I use my calendar a lot - for virtually everything. Many times
I will update my Calendar via iCloud.com on my computer (easier to type
yanno).
Just recently though, when entering events via iCloud, when it syncs with my
phone or IPad it syncs with a different time zone on each of them. The time
zone is correct in iCloud (Central time), but on my iPhone and iPad it shows
Regina (Canada), which of course throws off my time by an hour. The only
way I have found to correct this is to stop using iCloud to enter events, or
to go directly to the event on my iPhone I just created and change the time
zone.
This is frustrating to say the least.
I have gone into my phone settings/date and time, and the time zone is set
to "set automatically" with the time zone of Chicago showing.
I pay attention when entering new events in iCloud, the time zone is set to
Central.
I don't get what's happening. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Can anyone
offer help or suggestions?
Thanks,
Janet

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Tips for family,

kids and living

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web