5/23/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 3010

Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Bluetooth to iPhone 4s recognition

Posted by: "Charles Lenington" macsonly@brightok.net   fooltouse2

Tue May 22, 2012 4:18 am (PDT)



On 5/21/12 6:06 PM, lwr32 wrote:
> Hmmmm, I haven't heard of phones like that. Hubby and I got rid of our land line a few years ago and use our iPhones for everything.
>
> 🐰 Alice
>
> On May 21, 2012, at 2:58 PM, "Robert (Bob) P Andris"<bob@andrisfamily.net> wrote:
>
>> Have a Vtech DS6322-4, base + 3 sats, that works great. Look into it.
>>
>> On May 21, 2012, at 2:39 PM,5/21/12, Mary Fowler Leek wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to cancel my land line at home and purchase phones that will synch via Bluetooth with my Apple iPhone 4s.
>>>
>>> Has anyone used this type of home phone and if so, will you comment on voice quality and brand and model of phones you've used.
>>
>

How do you get your computers on internet?

1b.

Re: Bluetooth to iPhone 4s recognition

Posted by: "Otto Nikolaus" otto.nikolaus@googlemail.com   nikyzf

Tue May 22, 2012 4:19 am (PDT)



Nor me. I must be missing something: if it's using your cell connection,
why not just use the cell phone?

Otto

On 22 May 2012 00:06, lwr32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmmm, I haven't heard of phones like that. Hubby and I got rid of our
> land line a few years ago and use our iPhones for everything.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1c.

Re: Bluetooth to iPhone 4s recognition

Posted by: "Robert Poland" rpoland@usa.net   rpoland

Tue May 22, 2012 5:55 am (PDT)




On May 22, 2012, at 4:19 AM, Otto Nikolaus wrote:

> Nor me. I must be missing something: if it's using your cell connection,
> why not just use the cell phone?
>
> Otto
>
> On 22 May 2012 00:06, lwr32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmmmm, I haven't heard of phones like that. Hubby and I got rid of our
>> land line a few years ago and use our iPhones for everything.
>>

Why carry the cell phone everywhere in a large house when there is already multiple extensions.

Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO

1d.

Re: Bluetooth to iPhone 4s recognition

Posted by: "Mary Fowler Leek" mleek@sbcglobal.net   mleek@sbcglobal.net

Tue May 22, 2012 8:16 am (PDT)



I'm having Cable Internet installed. It's faster than DSL and allows me to discontinue the land line at the house.

In answer to another question about why I don't just use the cell phone. Big house and I don't always have the cell phone nearby. With the cell connect phones, I can have an extension on my desk, the kitchen and bedroom.

My thanks, too, for the helpful comments on the Vtech product. We currently use one of their models with our land line so it's nice to know their Cell Connect system also works well.

MEL

From: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com [mailto:apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Charles Lenington

Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Bluetooth to iPhone 4s recognition

How do you get your computers on internet?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1e.

Re: Bluetooth to iPhone 4s recognition

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Tue May 22, 2012 10:54 am (PDT)



Other than the option to use a landline to the base station, this system does not use the extensions wired into the house, to spread the call to the handsets.

It uses wireless to connect to all the handsets, and has the option to use BlueTooth to connect the base station to one or two cell phones. (Two for this model, but only one at a time.)

I can not find (or understand) what frequency it uses between the handsets and the base in the manual, but there is the normal warning about placement and interference with TV, 802.11 WiFi and medical devices. It also give a warning about the lack of privacy, as in your neighbors can listen in with a baby monitor. I used to occasionally get cross talk with a neighbors cordless, more of an annoyance than a privacy issue.

Robert A., do you know what frequency they use? What is the range you are getting with yours?

Brent

On May 22, 2012, at 5:43 AM, Robert Poland wrote:

On May 22, 2012, at 4:19 AM, Otto Nikolaus wrote:

> Nor me. I must be missing something: if it's using your cell connection,
> why not just use the cell phone?
>
> Otto
>
> On 22 May 2012 00:06, lwr32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmmmm, I haven't heard of phones like that. Hubby and I got rid of our
>> land line a few years ago and use our iPhones for everything.
>>

Why carry the cell phone everywhere in a large house when there is already multiple extensions.

Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO

2.

iTunes card on sale

Posted by: "bj" bjones44@verizon.net   jblair44

Tue May 22, 2012 10:24 am (PDT)



Bestbuy.com has the $100 card on sale for $80 today.
bj

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Dogs Owners Group

Join Do More For Dogs

pet community

Y! Messenger

PC-to-PC calls

Call your friends

worldwide - free!

Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web