5/27/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 3013

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

1.
Holiday weekend sales From: bj
2a.
Re: Note taking on iPad From: Pinny
2b.
Re: Note taking on iPad From: Rachel Silva
3a.
Secret Icons? From: Berk
3b.
Re: Secret Icons? From: Ken Bandy
3c.
Re: Secret Icons? From: N.A. Nada
4a.
Re: Mophie From: Gmail

Messages

1.

Holiday weekend sales

Posted by: "bj" bjones44@verizon.net   jblair44

Sat May 26, 2012 3:25 am (PDT)



lots of things on 50% off 5/28-29 at zagg.com

electronic arts is also having one of their holiday sales --
http://www.ea.com/news/memorial-day-2012

there are probably others I haven't bumped into or gotten emails about yet.
this is a good time to look around for anything you might be interested in.
bj

2a.

Re: Note taking on iPad

Posted by: "Pinny" pinnyfb@gmail.com   claddidle

Sat May 26, 2012 1:44 pm (PDT)



Thank you, Chris!

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Laarman
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Note taking on iPad

5) I think that the right note-taking app may depend on both your
preferencess (like hand-writing or typing) and the aim of the notes.
Like minute-keeping or mind-mapping.
Qrayon also offers Stickyboard. That may be a step closer to
mind-mapping, but other apps may be far better at that.
So you may end up using different apps for different note-taking
purposes.

--
Chris Laarman

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2b.

Re: Note taking on iPad

Posted by: "Rachel Silva" RachelSilvaRN@gmail.com   rachelruth2

Sat May 26, 2012 1:44 pm (PDT)



Hi:

I just started looking at stylus and note taking apps to utilize with the
iPad. After reviewing
http://www.imedicalapps.com/2012/02/best-ipad-note-taking-apps-stylus-pens/and
user comments I decided on the Notability app. Love it.

After reviewing
http://www.imedicalapps.com/2012/02/ipad-stylus-pen-review-top-ipad-stylu/,
I decided on the Bamboo Stylus, as you mentioned, and it's to arrive
Tuesday - so I haven't used it yet. Check out their comments, maybe after
reading their reviews it will give you a better idea what may work best for
you.

-Rachel
______________________________________________
Hello iPad users!

I am trying to find a way to take long notes on my iPad 2. I have tried 3
different apps, Noteshelf, Note Take HD and Penultimate. I have tried them
with two different stylus...the Bamboo Stylus and the Targus Stylus, both
of which I got at Best Buy. I can't get anything less than a frustrating
experience with them.

In all three applications and using either stylus, what I write does not
take all the time (meaning there is nothing there but blank white even
though I just wrote on it) or sometimes it will show up and then
immediately dissappear. It skips a lot of the time and sometimes wants to
scroll the page rather than write for me. I have tried hard pressing, light
pressing, holding the stylus in all different ways and even turning it to
see if it better on one side or another. With everything I have tried, it
just appears that note taking is not a good experience.

Is this common or am I doing something wrong? Any advise will be
appreciated as I have spent money on these apps and styli trying to resolve
this but more importantly, I need it to work close to the same as taking
notes with pad and pen. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Secret Icons?

Posted by: "Berk" mossfam@teleport.com   newbergmoss

Sat May 26, 2012 1:44 pm (PDT)



When I sync my iPhone with my iTunes account, under "Podcasts" and "Music" and "Songs" I see on the iTunes page various dots, half dots and checks. Are they important to me? What do they mean? How do they relate to the actual contents of "Podcasts" on the "Music" app on my iPhone?

Berk Moss
Newberg Oregon

3b.

Re: Secret Icons?

Posted by: "Ken Bandy" kbandy@iatse30.org   kbandy

Sat May 26, 2012 4:24 pm (PDT)



Berk, I'm not sure about the checks, but a full dot means you have not
listened to any of it. A half dot means you have listened to some of it.
They can be important to you, depending on how you have iTunes configured.
With mine, it deletes the podcasts that I have listened to.

Hope that helps.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com [mailto:apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Berk
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2012 2:58 PM
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [apple-iphone] Secret Icons?

When I sync my iPhone with my iTunes account, under "Podcasts" and "Music"
and "Songs" I see on the iTunes page various dots, half dots and checks. Are
they important to me? What do they mean? How do they relate to the actual
contents of "Podcasts" on the "Music" app on my iPhone?

Berk Moss
Newberg Oregon

3c.

Re: Secret Icons?

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Sat May 26, 2012 4:24 pm (PDT)



Howdy, neighbor!

I'm about 15 miles NE of you.

The dots and half dots are whether or not you have viewed those items before. Basically, unread or reading. No dot means read. I would love to hear a better explanation of the checks, but I think that it has to do with how you chose what to sync with your iDevice.

Brent

On May 26, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Berk wrote:

When I sync my iPhone with my iTunes account, under "Podcasts" and "Music" and "Songs" I see on the iTunes page various dots, half dots and checks. Are they important to me? What do they mean? How do they relate to the actual contents of "Podcasts" on the "Music" app on my iPhone?

Berk Moss
Newberg Oregon

4a.

Re: Mophie

Posted by: "Gmail" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Sat May 26, 2012 5:12 pm (PDT)



New morphine coming soon too..Mophie Juice Pack Pro.

Sent from my iPad

On May 25, 2012, at 6:43 AM, jparkerg@yahoo.com wrote:

> Fyi
> Mophie is on sale this weekend at Mophie.com
>
> No affiliation-- just a satisfied customer
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Yahoo! Groups

Dogs Owners Group

Join Do More For Dogs

pet community

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Tips for a happy,

healthy home

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web