5/28/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 3014

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
Re: Secret Icons? From: Otto Nikolaus
2a.
Re: Note taking on iPad From: Devitt

Messages

1a.

Re: Secret Icons?

Posted by: "Otto Nikolaus" otto.nikolaus@googlemail.com   nikyzf

Sun May 27, 2012 3:53 am (PDT)



The checks (we call them "ticks" in the UK)? iTunes > Device > Summary >
Sync only checked songs and videos. You can choose *exactly* what to sync
down to individual items. This is a form of manual sync (another is to
'Manually manage music and videos', where you copy stuff by dragging it).

Otto

On 26 May 2012 23:53, N.A. Nada <whodo678@comcast.net> wrote:

> Howdy, neighbor!
>
> I'm about 15 miles NE of you.
>
> The dots and half dots are whether or not you have viewed those items
> before. Basically, unread or reading. No dot means read. I would love to
> hear a better explanation of the checks, but I think that it has to do with
> how you chose what to sync with your iDevice.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2a.

Re: Note taking on iPad

Posted by: "Devitt" devittad@comcast.net   devittad

Sun May 27, 2012 10:05 am (PDT)



Look at Notability. It allows you to write large in a special panel and it automatically reduces the writing.

Cathy

Sent from my iPad

> Hello iPad users!
>
> I am trying to find a way to take long notes on my iPad 2. I have tried 3 different apps, Noteshelf, Note Take HD and Penultimate. I have tried them with two different stylus...the Bamboo Stylus and the Targus Stylus, both of which I got at Best Buy. I can't get anything less than a frustrating experience with them.
>
> In all three applications and using either stylus, what I write does not take all the time (meaning there is nothing there but blank white even though I just wrote on it) or sometimes it will show up and then immediately dissappear. It skips a lot of the time and sometimes wants to scroll the page rather than write for me. I have tried hard pressing, light pressing, holding the stylus in all different ways and even turning it to see if it better on one side or another. With everything I have tried, it just appears that note taking is not a good experience.
>
> Is this common or am I doing something wrong? Any advise will be appreciated as I have spent money on these apps and styli trying to resolve this but more importantly, I need it to work close to the same as taking notes with pad and pen. Any suggestions?
> Thanks,

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Check out the

Y! Groups blog

Stay up to speed

on all things Groups!

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Find support for

Mental illnesses

Y! Messenger

PC-to-PC calls

Call your friends

worldwide - free!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web