5/01/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2985

Messages In This Digest (12 Messages)

1a.
Re: Synching iPhone 4S to my former Iphone 4? From: Andrew Piantanida
2.
New security for iPhone 5 From: Jim Smith
3a.
Search Page Problem From: Greg Condiff
3b.
Re: Search Page Problem From: Brent
4a.
Bluetooth Newbie Question Please From: Bob Newman
4b.
Re: Bluetooth Newbie Question Please From: Richard Bauer
4c.
Re: Bluetooth Newbie Question Please From: N.A. Nada
4d.
Re: Bluetooth Newbie Question Please From: Bob Newman
5.
unsure From: Allan Aunkst
6a.
iPad 2 defaults question From: Robert Poland
6b.
Re: iPad 2 defaults question From: Brent
7.1.
Re: Turn By Turn App? From: lwr32

Messages

1a.

Re: Synching iPhone 4S to my former Iphone 4?

Posted by: "Andrew Piantanida" piantanida31@yahoo.com   piantanida31

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 am (PDT)



This is how I did it:
1.) I restored the "Andy-Siri" down to the basics. Total Restore.
2.) Then I was able to select "X-Man" as the phone to which I wished to restore it.
And it worked!

Thx. -Andy P.

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "Donald" <xlnt74@...> wrote:
>
> You should be able to do a restore from back as though Andy-Siri "is" X-Man.
>
>
>
> --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Piantanida" <piantanida31@> wrote:
> >
> > You know, I tried that, but iTunes told me the software on my new iPhone was outdated. So it made me update it, & now I have Andy-Siri. Am wondering if it is possible to switch it back to X-Man now? Any help is welcome!
> >
> > --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, archiegrapa@ wrote:
> > >
> > > When you first plugged your new 4S (Andy-Siri), you should have been presented with options to either setup as new or restore from a backup. If you choose the latter, then choose the backup from X-Man, Andy-Siri would look the same as X-Man.
> > > Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: "Andrew Piantanida" <piantanida31@>
> > > Sender: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
> > > Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:47:59
> > > To: <apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com>
> > > Reply-To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
> > > Subject: [apple-iphone] Synching iPhone 4S to my former Iphone 4?
> > >
> > > I have done a synch on my iPhone 4S & updated the software, but now I wish to synch it with the settings on my former iPhone4.
> > > To put it simply, my iPhone 4 was nicknamed "X-Man" on iTunes.
> > > My iPhone 4S is nicknamed "Andy-Siri".
> > > How do synch my X-Man settings/photos/playlists for X-Man onto my new iPhone on iTunes?
> > >
> > > Thanks, -Andy P.
> >
>

2.

New security for iPhone 5

Posted by: "Jim Smith" jas1931@gmail.com   jimmacsmith

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 am (PDT)



Siri security for new iPhone 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aMP2n1BE5gU

Jim Smith
www.rvcarelogbook.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Search Page Problem

Posted by: "Greg Condiff" gregornotsamsa@yahoo.com   gregornotsamsa

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:45 am (PDT)



When I'm on the home page of my iPhone 4S and swipe to get the search screen, results no longer appear when I type in an app name. This just started; does anyone know how to get the search results back?

Thanks in advance,

GregorNotSamsa
Delaware

3b.

Re: Search Page Problem

Posted by: "Brent" flapdoodle@gmail.com   flapdoodle44

Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:52 am (PDT)



Go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search and see if everything is still
checked. If all is ok in settings, reboot the phone.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Greg Condiff <gregornotsamsa@yahoo.com>wrote:

> **
>
>
> When I'm on the home page of my iPhone 4S and swipe to get the search
> screen, results no longer appear when I type in an app name. This just
> started; does anyone know how to get the search results back?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> GregorNotSamsa
> Delaware
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

4a.

Bluetooth Newbie Question Please

Posted by: "Bob Newman" bobnewman@cox.net   agunat

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 am (PDT)



iPhone 4S. I have not used a Bluetooth device and have a couple of questions if I might. I use my Bluetooth headset almost exclusively for listening to audiobooks, no music, few if any phone calls. I understand that using a Bluetooth device will radically shorten a battery charge. To conserve battery time should I completely turn off the Bluetooth option in the phone or is it good enough just not to be using the headset, although it is still turned, even though it was still connected via the Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance, Bob

4b.

Re: Bluetooth Newbie Question Please

Posted by: "Richard Bauer" rk911@yahoo.com   rk911

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:22 pm (PDT)



bob, in general terms you will always save battery power when apps or
functions requiring power are turned off. that being said i have somewhere
north of 125 apps on my iPhone 4 and none of them are "off". most of them
have a notification function that is also on. i leave my bluetooth
function turned on and just turn off the headset itself. i don't make a lot
of calls and i do some texting. i primarily use my iPhone as a 'radio'. i
listen to music, podcasts, internet radio and traditional AM/FM stations
that have an internet presence. those types of things easily make up 75% of
my daily iPhone use. with rare exceptions i find that my battery easily
lasts all day. by the time i put it in the charger at bedtime it usually
has from 25-33% of it's charge left.

good luck

rich
_________________________

iPhone 4S. I have not used a Bluetooth device and have a couple of
questions if I might. I use my Bluetooth headset almost exclusively for
listening to audiobooks, no music, few if any phone calls. I understand
that using a Bluetooth device will radically shorten a battery charge. To
conserve battery time should I completely turn off the Bluetooth option in
the phone or is it good enough just not to be using the headset, although it
is still turned, even though it was still connected via the Bluetooth?

Thanks in advance, Bob

4c.

Re: Bluetooth Newbie Question Please

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 pm (PDT)



Short answer, if the BT is left on, it will keep searching for a BT signal. Turn if off if you are not using it.

On Apr 30, 2012, at 11:11 AM, Bob Newman wrote:

> iPhone 4S. I have not used a Bluetooth device and have a couple of questions if I might. I use my Bluetooth headset almost exclusively for listening to audiobooks, no music, few if any phone calls. I understand that using a Bluetooth device will radically shorten a battery charge. To conserve battery time should I completely turn off the Bluetooth option in the phone or is it good enough just not to be using the headset, although it is still turned, even though it was still connected via the Bluetooth?

4d.

Re: Bluetooth Newbie Question Please

Posted by: "Bob Newman" bobnewman@cox.net   agunat

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 pm (PDT)



Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.

Bob

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@...> wrote:
>
> Short answer, if the BT is left on, it will keep searching for a BT signal. Turn if off if you are not using it.
>
>
> On Apr 30, 2012, at 11:11 AM, Bob Newman wrote:
>
> > iPhone 4S. I have not used a Bluetooth device and have a couple of questions if I might. I use my Bluetooth headset almost exclusively for listening to audiobooks, no music, few if any phone calls. I understand that using a Bluetooth device will radically shorten a battery charge. To conserve battery time should I completely turn off the Bluetooth option in the phone or is it good enough just not to be using the headset, although it is still turned, even though it was still connected via the Bluetooth?
>

5.

unsure

Posted by: "Allan Aunkst" aaunkst@gmail.com   tama.drummer62

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:31 am (PDT)



ok im not sure if this is iphone app problem or just a Facebook problem.
When i use an app like snap seed or instagram with Facebook it doesn't show up in newsfeed. now i know all this timeline stuff is new but was wondering if iphone is the problem or Facebook..also my foursquare posts won't show up either.

Thanks

*Allan Aunkst*

6a.

iPad 2 defaults question

Posted by: "Robert Poland" rpoland@usa.net   rpoland

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 pm (PDT)



Hi,

On my iPad 2 in the window for the iPad with the app tab selected the top drop down defaults to "Sort by Kind" but I would prefer that it be "Sort by Name".

Is there a way to change it.

TIA,

Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO

6b.

Re: iPad 2 defaults question

Posted by: "Brent" flapdoodle@gmail.com   flapdoodle44

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:51 pm (PDT)



That annoys me also but I have not found a way to change the default.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Robert Poland <rpoland@usa.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Hi,
>
> On my iPad 2 in the window for the iPad with the app tab selected the top
> drop down defaults to "Sort by Kind" but I would prefer that it be "Sort by
> Name".
>
> Is there a way to change it.
>
> TIA,
>
> Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

7.1.

Re: Turn By Turn App?

Posted by: "lwr32" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 pm (PDT)



It's a pay service though.

🐰 Alice

On Apr 27, 2012, at 9:49 AM, Carol Corley <floridabouvs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mapquest has voice turn x turn, I just used it for the first time and it got me there.
> Carol
>
> Sent from my iPad
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Own a business?

Connect with others.

Y! Messenger

Want a quick chat?

Chat over IM with

group members.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web