12/15/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 9276

4 New Messages

Digest #9276
1
Safari Web Content by "Eric" emanmb
2
Find Duplicates back in 11 by "HAL9000" jrswebhome
4
iTunes 11.0.1 by "Dolores" djdesideri

Messages

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:36 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Eric" emanmb

In the last few days I was finding that Safari Web Content (on a 10.6.8, Dual Quad Mac Pro) was maxing out my processors to the point of getting a beachball and I was unable to use Safari at all.
I would wait a minute or so and still had the beachball so I would quit the process via the Activity Monitor. The would only keep things under control for a short while once the open Safari windows had all refreshed.
So, Googling w/Firefox, I found a posting in the Apple Support Communities that has a surprising "cure" for this. I have no idea how this person figured this out, but all one has to do is log out of their Google account.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3190569?start=60&tstart=0
http://tinyurl.com/c37g3l5

In searching the MSC archives here, I came across a thread from Feb. where folks were having issues with Safari Web Content, but saw no answers as to how to stop this Safari Web Content activity.
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/macsupportcentral/message/140656
http://tinyurl.com/csdrt9d

Is this an issue that went away in 10.7 or 10.8, hence no further postings on the subject? Has anyone found another method to deal with the issue?

Thanks

e

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:48 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"HAL9000" jrswebhome

If you are unlucky enough to have installed iTunes 11, you saw there is no Find Duplicates as well as no luscious Cover Flow.

At least they added back Find Duplicates this week. Now if those who loved Cover Flow can scream loud enough . . .

jr

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:27 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Bekah" bekalex

I have an iMac 21.4 in. desktop with 4 OS 10.8.2 on it. Just in the last week or so it's started making some strange noises - like it's trying to eject a CD. There is no CD in there, although I have imported a few recently.

What could be the cause of this noise - does it mean something important - is there a way to get rid of it - is it harmful - etc.

Bekah

Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:38 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Dolores" djdesideri

I have several iTunes libraries. One is strictly Christmas music. After downloading the latest Tunes upgrade, I find that all my Christmas music is listed in my regular library. Cloud symbols indicate that they can be downloaded from the cloud. Is there an easy way to delete the Christmas music showing in my regular library? These iTune upgrades play havoc with my organization.

dolores

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE