12/25/2012

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1346

2 New Messages

Digest #1346
1a
Re: 5th Generation iPod by "David Smith" dvdcsmth
1b
Re: 5th Generation iPod by "OK room except the Bathroom" tfotb

Messages

Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:27 am (PST) . Posted by:

"David Smith" dvdcsmth


Yes, that's a nuisance. An improvement backwards, for me.

I've found it necessary to first locate the item in "genres" - track or album - I want to listen to, then search for it, then, from the search results, play just that item. As you've discovered, if you select an item directly from the "genres" list, you're telling the program to play everything from there down.

Apparently, the designer of the "upgrade" thot that most users would want to create quick playlists.

I'm not satisfied that this is the best solution, tho, so if anyone else has a better one, I'd be grateful to learn about it.

--
david@luda.net
pad4

On Dec 24, 2012, at 1:11 AM, "Washington DC" <page-me@comcast.net> wrote:

>
> I have an 80GB 5th Generation iPod. There are separate menu items titled
> "Playlists" "Artists" "Albums" "Songs" "Podcasts" "Genres"
> "Composers"....
>
> Individual podcasts are shown in the listing by "Podcast" and "Songs" so
> if songs are played in alphabetical order, a Podcast may play as well.
> How do I remove Podcasts from the Songs menu?
>
> John
>
>

Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:34 am (PST) . Posted by:

"OK room except the Bathroom" tfotb

In iTunes in the same menu as the type of file ( podcast, music, tv show, ...) one option is "skip _______" try selecting this for all podcasts, maybe it will skip the podcasts unless you select them.

--- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, David Smith <davidsmith.01123@...> wrote:
>
>
> Yes, that's a nuisance. An improvement backwards, for me.
>
> I've found it necessary to first locate the item in "genres" - track or album - I want to listen to, then search for it, then, from the search results, play just that item. As you've discovered, if you select an item directly from the "genres" list, you're telling the program to play everything from there down.
>
> Apparently, the designer of the "upgrade" thot that most users would want to create quick playlists.
>
> I'm not satisfied that this is the best solution, tho, so if anyone else has a better one, I'd be grateful to learn about it.
>
> --
> david@...
> pad4
>
>
> On Dec 24, 2012, at 1:11 AM, "Washington DC" <page-me@...> wrote:
>
> >
> > I have an 80GB 5th Generation iPod. There are separate menu items titled
> > "Playlists" "Artists" "Albums" "Songs" "Podcasts" "Genres"
> > "Composers"....
> >
> > Individual podcasts are shown in the listing by "Podcast" and "Songs" so
> > if songs are played in alphabetical order, a Podcast may play as well.
> > How do I remove Podcasts from the Songs menu?
> >
> > John
> >
> >
>