12/20/2012

[MacBook] Digest Number 3665

3 New Messages

Digest #3665
1a
Re: PC monitor on MacBook? by "Stefan Menningh" smekleur
2
USB Port question by "Riv" dennisriv
3a
Re: Display failing... by "Russ Josephson" russ_josephson

Messages

Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:57 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Stefan Menningh" smekleur

Yep!
But you might need an adapter because your MacBook lacks a VGA port.
Susn adaptor can be bought in any Applestore or online at Apple directly.

Stefan

Op 18 dec. 2012 om 22:11 heeft Ariella Vanderveen <ariellav@sbcglobal.net> het volgende geschreven:

>
> if a monitor says it can connect to a PC (with a vga cord and ferrite)
> does that mean it works the same for my macbook?
>
> thanks,
> happy holidays~~~~
> ariella
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:23 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Riv" dennisriv

I have a 13" MacBook Pro that appears to have one of the 2 USB ports that is not working. The one that does work will connect easily and power items but the other does not seem to connect. I do get lights on with things like a USB mouse but it does not move the pointer. In most cases, a flashdrive or my USB Seagate back-up drive will not connect through this port.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Dennis Rivenburgh

Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:21 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Russ Josephson" russ_josephson

Jeff, I don't have the exact answer you're seeking, but I want to mention that my MacBook, bought two weeks after they debuted, has lost its screen, keyboard, and touch pad functions, but still is operable with an external monitor, keyboard, and mouse.  I attached speakers and an external drive with all my music and use it at work next to my work computer.  So if portability isn't a "must," you might go that direction.
 
Russ

"Don't worry. Do something."  ©

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]