12/13/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 9274

2 New Messages

Digest #9274
1a
2
mail connection not receiving by "Les Streater" linernutuk

Messages

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:22 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Tauqir Rana" ranatqr

Below the mail boxes is a group of accounts. Tap on account and you will be presented with mail,boxes, tap edit uou will see a button saying new,

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 12, 2012, at 1:38 AM, "Tim S" <snookmjt@cox.net> wrote:

> The left side of the screen is a list of Mailboxes, the right 2/3rds is a mail message.
>
> If I tap (or double-tap) on a mail box, that mailbox is opened. If there is a message in the box and I tap on "edit" I get the search window.
>
> I know when all is said and done this will be simple, I just don't see it!
>
> Tim
>
> --- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, "Tim S" <snookmjt@...> wrote:
> >
> > When I tap "edit" I am presented with a search window. What do you suppose I am missing?
> >
> >
> > --- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, John Engberg <mrbyte@> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you tap on Inbox (in your message window, I think), you will open your Mailboxes side bar. Edit is on the top right in that sidebar - whatever you call it.
> > >
> > > John Engberg
> > > On Dec 11, 2012, at 2:47 PM, "Tim S" <snookmjt@> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Sorry to bother you with something so seemingly trivial, but I'm trying to make a new mail box on my new iPad. The manual says "tap edit when viewing the mailbox list".
> > > >
> > > > Evidently I'm missing something, as I do not see an "edit" icon or the familiar little gray box with "edit" in it.
> > > >
> > > > Can anyone tell me how to do this?
> > > >
> > > > Thank you,
> > > > Tim
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Les Streater" linernutuk

I have Mail set up identically on my main iMac - 27 in, 10.6.8, and on my laptop also running 10.6.8, and can collect and send messages on both normally.

Suddenly today whilst I can still send and receive on the laptop, on the iMac I cannot receive. I can send with no problem, and the internet connection is fine for both Safari and Firefox, so that's not the problem. Against my inbox and Junk and - curiously - my Trash, I have a wavy line symbol.

I have Mail set to check for messages every 5 minutes, and I see the symbol change every 5 mins as it goes to look, finds nothing then reverts to the wavy line.

I have double and treble checked the settings against the laptop and they are identical. I have quit and restarted Mail. I have rebooted the iMac.

Nothing seems to get me receiving messages - anyone any ideas? What am I missing?

Les Streater
www.lesstreater.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE