12/31/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 9307

2 New Messages

Digest #9307
1a
Re: new approach to question about glitch by "Michael Mielko" mastersoundsdjs
2a
Re: Connect Mac to and from Direct TV by "nhoward5040" nhoward5040

Messages

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:09 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Michael Mielko" mastersoundsdjs

Then you must be like me - on Long Island - lipa

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 30, 2012, at 10:57 PM, Don <y-photo.96705@hawaiiantel.net> wrote:

> I have had two Mac Pro's that failed with sleep issues. The first would not sleep, Apple Care decided it was hardware and did a complete replacement. The second would not wake up, Apple Care replaced the power supply & main board.
> Drive bay 2 was dead on the replacement main board so there was another replacement.
>
> I'm not sure of the power use by an iMac my MacPro currently is running at 200 watts, according to the power meter on my UPS. Sleeping it uses 3 watts or less. That's just over $2.00 per day that not sleeping costs where I live, using the highest cost electricity in the USA.
>
> Don at 21.9N 159.6W
> Early 2009 Mac Pro
> 2 x 2.93 GHz Quad Core Xeon, 6GB RAM
> OS X 10.7.5
>
> On Dec 29, 2012, at 11:48, Barry Austern wrote:
>
> > I really fail to see the need to sleep an iMac. Just allow the
> > monitor to dim and the drive(s) to spin down. How much electricity
> > does the processor itself take?
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:50 am (PST) . Posted by:

"nhoward5040" nhoward5040

As far as I know, there is no way. This is why my husband and I did not switch to Direct TV a year or so ago, when we were purchasing a HD TV. We stayed with Comcast (and purchased a Tivo HD), so we could continue to use Toast to bring our recorded shows to our Macs. Otherwise, if there had been a way to do it, we would have switched to Direct TV.

Nancy

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, "hpsbenbenek" <houseplantpicturestudio@...> wrote:
>
> I used to be able to transfer video wirelessly from my Mac to TiVO, and transfer TiVO video wirelessly to my Mac using a couple of Toast apps.
>
> We've now switched from TiVO to Direct TV (using their DVR) and I'd like to transfer video to and from my Mac wirelessly with Direct TV like the good old days
>
> I've done a little research online, but I thought I'd cut to the chase and ask the group if and how there's a way to transfer video wirelessly from Mac to Direct TV - ideally I'm looking for some sort of freeware that will help do this. Or maybe Toast has come out with something that would work. I use an up-to-date Mac mini
>
> thanks
>

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE