5/08/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2994

Messages In This Digest (17 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: AT&T CEO bemoans iPhone unlimited data, iMessage

Posted by: "Chris Laarman" v.c.laarman@gmail.com   chrislaarman

Mon May 7, 2012 3:02 am (PDT)



lwr32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> on Sun, 6 May 2012 15:42:35 -0700:

>All the while I read the article I kept thinking the underlying message from AT&T was that they're not making as much money as they think they should or could make.....complaining about iMessage instead of their fee based SMS when the article says "which is basically free for carriers to operate as texts are transmitted through radio network's control channel..." I shake my head and wonder when business ethics changed from doing what it takes to keep customers to caring about money over customers.

>> http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/05/04/att_ceo_bemoans_iphone_unlimited_data_imessage.html

Here in the Netherlands, the largest mobile (and wired) provider has a
similar problem and attitude.
Some people seem to have learned nothing from the change from dial-up
Internet to flat-fee broadband.

And on the human side: let's think of those people in China assembling
our Apple devices at salaries that hardly earn them a living.
(But let's not talk politics here.)

--
Chris Laarman

(I moved to dial-up Internet from Fidonet,
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FidoNet>.)

1b.

Re: AT&T CEO bemoans iPhone unlimited data, iMessage

Posted by: "MD" mickeydoyle13@gmail.com   mdoyle13

Mon May 7, 2012 3:03 am (PDT)



i guess if the iPhone is such a financial drain on him he could dump it. Then he'd probably see what a real financial drain looks like when a large segment of his user base bails. What he fails to appreciate is how many iPhones (with the required $30 or whatever data plan) he's sold to people who likely would've never bought a smartphone, many of them likely buying more than one (four so far in my household). How much was he making in 2006 when a basic flip phone or candy bar phone was the common device? He's got the large customer base in spite of the company's service. The products are the reason he has many of them. Lose the bellcow and see how many customers are left. Quit whining about how much more you should be gouging from the customers and give them reasons to want to do business with you. They don't owe you that business.

I say that as a sometimes frustrated Cingular/AT&T customer of about 12 years.

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, lwr32 <whiterabbit32@...> wrote:
>
> All the while I read the article I kept thinking the underlying message from AT&T was that they're not making as much money as they think they should or could make.....complaining about iMessage instead of their fee based SMS when the article says "which is basically free for carriers to operate as texts are transmitted through radio network's control channel..." I shake my head and wonder when business ethics changed from doing what it takes to keep customers to caring about money over customers.
>
> 🐰 Alice
>
> On May 5, 2012, at 6:02 AM, Brent <flapdoodle@...> wrote:
>
> > http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/05/04/att_ceo_bemoans_iphone_unlimited_data_imessage.html
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

1c.

Re: AT&T CEO bemoans iPhone unlimited data, iMessage

Posted by: "Richard Bauer" rk911@yahoo.com   rk911

Mon May 7, 2012 7:44 am (PDT)



that and the almost-certain-fact that most unlimited data users likely use
no more data than the lowest tier-based data users, some of them probably
substantially less.

rich
_________________________________
i guess if the iPhone is such a financial drain on him he could dump it.
Then he'd probably see what a real financial drain looks like when a large
segment of his user base bails. What he fails to appreciate is how many
iPhones (with the required $30 or whatever data plan) he's sold to people
who likely would've never bought a smartphone, many of them likely buying
more than one (four so far in my household). How much was he making in 2006
when a basic flip phone or candy bar phone was the common device? He's got
the large customer base in spite of the company's service. The products are
the reason he has many of them. Lose the bellcow and see how many customers
are left. Quit whining about how much more you should be gouging from the
customers and give them reasons to want to do business with you. They don't
owe you that business.

1d.

Re: AT&T CEO bemoans iPhone unlimited data, iMessage

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Mon May 7, 2012 10:33 am (PDT)



I was with Verizon for 6 years, and moved to AT&T 8 years ago. On how they handle their customers, one candy coats it and the other gives it to you dry. Verizon gave me free minutes when there was an issue, AT&T doesn't, but they give you rollover. Don't use your minutes with V, A has rollover minutes. One gouges you on text messages, the other follows suit.

Free minutes or rollover minutes, how many of us ever used them?

I have the unlimited Data with AT&T. For the last 3 years, I have recorded data usage. My usage has been between 30 and 300MB with one notable exception of 790MB accumulated during a 2 day drive from Denver to Portland, OR. Even with that I generally average below 90MB per month. I don't go over 100 text messages in a month and probably average about 30 a month in the same 3 years.

Why do I stick with it? Because I am betting that something will come along that will cause me to dramatically increase my data usage. When I traveled for work, I watched more movies, when there was cell coverage I used more GPS service, that needed data to put the maps behind the pins or little car. Want me to switch away from the unlimited data plan, offer me a cheaper tiered plan that has rollover data.

I would like to tell Mr. Stephenson to put his money where his belly-aching mouth is. Right now he has a cash cow, with his near monopoly. Show us verifiable data about all this data usage, show the individuals that are getting throttled or a watchdog group, these high usage numbers. Why are people below 2GB of data being throttled for the remainder of their billing period, when the excuse is that they are in a high usage area at a high usage time. Why doesn't it un-throttle when they change areas or usage decreases? Also have him explain how 2GB is unlimited? Whose fault is it if his lawyers had not written a better contract, one that allows them to cancel the contract for abusive use or the incorrect type of use, but they had better be ready to defend that in court because they have been granted a franchise of public property, the right to use those airwaves.

If he wants us to give up our grandfathered unlimited data plans, offer us a generous rollover data plan. Most of us would never take advantage of it. In 3 years, I have dug into my rollover minutes for maybe 100 minutes. I'm on a 450 minute plan and average less than 200 used a month. I pay for and lost more minutes, than I have use every year that I have had a cell phone.

And this crap about text messages, paying for them at these rates is obscene. That you have a choice of what 10 or 20 cents a text or a $20 unlimited plan. There is that mysterious word, unlimited, what does that mean? Either way the customer is getting gouged, with few exceptions. Bring back the tiered text plans.

Stepping off the soap box.

the other Brent

On May 7, 2012, at 12:53 AM, MD wrote:

> i guess if the iPhone is such a financial drain on him he could dump it. Then he'd probably see what a real financial drain looks like when a large segment of his user base bails. What he fails to appreciate is how many iPhones (with the required $30 or whatever data plan) he's sold to people who likely would've never bought a smartphone, many of them likely buying more than one (four so far in my household). How much was he making in 2006 when a basic flip phone or candy bar phone was the common device? He's got the large customer base in spite of the company's service. The products are the reason he has many of them. Lose the bellcow and see how many customers are left. Quit whining about how much more you should be gouging from the customers and give them reasons to want to do business with you. They don't owe you that business.
>
> I say that as a sometimes frustrated Cingular/AT&T customer of about 12 years.

2.1.

Re: Dropbox

Posted by: "Chris Laarman" v.c.laarman@gmail.com   chrislaarman

Mon May 7, 2012 3:02 am (PDT)



Jim Saklad <jimdoc@me.com> on Sun, 06 May 2012 18:44:05 -0400:

>> I use Dropbox for three purposes:
>> - exchanging files among several computers that are not up
>> simultaneously;
>> - having certain documents available at a meeting;
>> - having few files "sticky".
>>
>> I currently have 87 MB in 147 files.

>I have a little short of 1 GB, half of which is a photo gallery which I moved there from MobileMe several months ago.
>
>When I did that, I sent information about DropBox, and a URL for this gallery, to some friends, and 2 of them signed up with DropBox, and I got another 500 MB of space for the referrals.
>
>I have several hardware and software manuals in there, several "Take Control" e-books, some restaurant menus, and a bunch of other documents -- 95 documents and 455 MB.

Your last line matches my "sticky" files.

If I'd run out ouf free Dropbox space, I'd move photo galleries to
places where synchronization is not needed, like SkyDrive or
(depending on nature and purpose) places like Flickr.

I happen to have a 1GB video available on a temporary place of my own
website. The few people interested have been notified of this, and at
the end of the month I'll remove it.
By the way, that is an item that I wouldn't want to be synchronized
across all my devices in a Dropbox way. It will be moved to a
repository (external hard disk and its mirror) as soon as possible,
along with the 9 GB original.

--
Chris Laarman

2.2.

Re: Dropbox

Posted by: "Diane Mettam" dmettam@yahoo.com   dmettam

Mon May 7, 2012 5:58 pm (PDT)



Has something changed with DropBox? I receive some quilt patterns on my iPad, and they used to automatically go into DropBox so I could retrieve them on my MacBook. Now that isn't even an option, and I have to go to the quilt site and physically download them onto the Mac. I'm just wondering if something has happened that DropBox isn't accepting pdf's any longer?

My DropBox space has increased, so I don't think that's an issue. Thanks for any advice!

3.1.

Re: apple id confirmation

Posted by: "MD" mickeydoyle13@gmail.com   mdoyle13

Mon May 7, 2012 3:02 am (PDT)



I am also a fan of a password vault. My preferred program is LastPass. It's cross platform (iOS, my Win 7 laptop and even the old Mac I use 8 hours a day at work that's running 10.4.1). I like the password generator and the secure notes. And as this thread has grown I've realized I have some sites that I'm still using old me-generated passwords that I need to change and make tougher. So I've been doing some of that.

You can still learn even random passwords. When LastPass created a random one of cap/lowercase letters and numbers for my iTunes, I got tired of having to look up the password all the time (mostly when using the iPhone version) so I just learned it. Do I do that for all the random ones? No. Just the ones I use a lot.

3.2.

Re: apple id confirmation

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Mon May 7, 2012 3:02 am (PDT)



Exactly. With the hundreds of passwords many of us have to remember, there is no way to remember them all. And that is where a password vault app comes in.

Mine has over 400 different entries. I can remember some of the ones I use daily, but the rest, no way. I used to travel for work, and so I keep credit card info in there in case they get stolen, I have the phone number, card number, and anything else needed to report it stolen. I also keep the serial numbers of things like cameras, laptops, GPS, car VIN in there, so if they get stolen, I can identify them for the police report and for recovery.

On May 6, 2012, at 2:48 PM, lwr32 wrote:

> How do you remember the password to your computer (if you have one)? How do you remember your PayPal or other website password? How did you remember your iTunes password? It all seems to be the same principle, doesn't it? I totally agree with N.A. Nada, use a password vault app.
>
> I was very skeptical about using a password vault app for a long time. I didn't want to depend on a particular app for all my passwords. In the end, I was talked into 1Password and have used it for 3 yrs. A password vault app is the easiest app to use for passwords. It becomes part of your life, just like using a computer, at least for me. I came from a DOS environment to a Windows environment to what I use now, Mac. Security has always been a worry for me. Even with Macs, I'm still conscious of security measures. Passwords and security questions are security measures that make the hacker work harder to get at your accounts.
>
> This may sound extreme but there's only one way around passwords that I know of, don't use anything that requires a password. There goes using a computer and anything associated with computers. I'm not willing to give up computers, so passwords will always be a part of my life.
>
> 🐰 Alice
>
> On May 6, 2012, at 11:56 AM, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Because those few seconds, give you a pause to reconsider the purchase, think about if you are being swindled, or recognize a fake.
> >
> > The best protection against encountering a piece of malware is not to connect your computer to the internet and removing all the input ports. But that is not practical.
> >
> > The second best is when a human operator takes a moment to think.
> >
> > Why do you think hackers have moved to "drive-by" sites to introduce malware. Because people are finally starting to recognize the spoofs, phishing, and fakes.
> >
> > Yeah, you save a few seconds, until you get scammed out of some information that leads to the lose of hundreds of dollars. Then you will waste a whole lot more time trying to fix things, change passwords, close accounts and try to get back the money. All that time and money wasted just to save a few seconds.
> >
> > Think people, think.
> >
> > On May 5, 2012, at 9:44 PM, Sanjaya Kanoria wrote:
> >
> > > I've got 1password but haven't ever used it. I'll try now. But I'd like to use the autofill feature. Why are you against it?
> > >
> > > On 06-May-2012, at 1:58 AM, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@comcast.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Patti and Sanjaya,
> > > >
> > > > The problem is not with the questions or your memory, it is __that you are trying to remember the answers__. Look them up in a password vault application.
> > > >
> > > > I have over 400 entries in my password vault app. 90% of the passwords are randomly generated, and many of the answers are randomly generated gibberish also. Think of the questions as just numbers. When you get asked place of birth, that means "supply answer number 3", and reply with answer 3 for this site. That answer could be Patagonia, Pride and Prejudice, 4th of July, a phone number or gibberish. Randomly generated gibberish is better, because we all tend to repeat things and or are predictable.
> > > >
> > > > My password vault app is on two of my computers and my cellphone. All nicely encrypted and available to me whenever I need them, even if one of the devices is not working, or say I booted into Boot Camp, or I am at the airport.
> > > >
> > > > And I highly recommend not using the auto-fill feature for you, or syncing to the clouds. The few seconds it take for you to look up the passwords are moments to reflect on whether this is a valid site, reconsider the purchase, or if you are being swindled. You may save a few seconds, but you may lose security and money.
> > > >
> > > > If I were to go looking to steal a bunch of passwords, I wouldn't go looking for individual computers to hack, I would go to the mother lode and hack a password server. Instead of a few hundred passwords for everything under the sun, I would go after tens of thousands of passwords and sort through and get the ones that represent money, not some online library card.
> > > >
> > > > The police asked the bank robber why he kept robbing banks, and he answered, "Because that is where they keep the money." That is why they keep hacking servers like Paypal or iTunes. That is where the passwords that give them access to money is.
> > > >
> > > > Now go find a password vault app, and don't use the auto-fill or syncing to any server. You should be able to find one that will sync with your computer and iDevice or cell phone for under $15 total, probably under $10.
> > > >
> > > > If I haven't made my reasoning clear, ask more questions.
> > > >
> > > > Brent
> > > >
> > > > On May 5, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Sanjaya Kanoria wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > If you answer with just anything how on earth are you going to remember your answers? One may just as well use a very long and impossible to remember password. No solution at all my friend.
> > > > >
> > > > > On 05-May-2012, at 11:37 AM, Patti A Robertson <pattiandken@charter.net> wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > Yes, but that's exactly the problem - how will I ever remember the answer to a question I don't remember the answer to, if I pick a "bad" answer?
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The problem is with the questions.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Patti
> > > > > >
> > > > > > On May 3, 2012, at 10:50 PM, Peter Sealy wrote:
> > > > > >
> > > > > > > I agree with Brent's sentiments.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > One point overlooked is that everyone on this list and most other boards talking about this issue have perhaps not looked outside the square. People everywhere are trying to rack their 50 year old (+ ?) memories for their first car, attractive teacher, etc. You don't have to be honest about this. Just write any word (s) for each answer which you can easily remember - yellow, bear, cabbage, ... anything. Apple neither knows nor cares what answer you record just as long as you can repeat it when required.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Another point is that you can change your answers to these questions if you now are dissatisfied. See these posts:
> > > > > > > <https://discussions.apple.com/message/18247356#18247356>
> > > > > > > <https://discussions.apple.com/message/18198778#18198778>
> > > > > > > <https://discussions.apple.com/message/18192916#18192916>
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Finally, since completing those security questions I have purchased several albums, a few single songs and at least two apps from the iTunes Store. I have not been asked my security questions.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > ........................
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Peter Sealy
> > > > > > > Thurgoona AUSTRALIA
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > On 04/05/2012, at 10:32 AM, N.A. Nada wrote:
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Why do you feel that?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > This is exactly the same as what your bank and credit card companies have asked you. iTunes, your bank and your credit cards all deal with YOUR money, don't they? And you expect them to safe guard your money, don't you?
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > With the whining on the tech blogs and the negative posts on the tech lists about hacked iTunes accounts, I think it is way over due, but not as elegantly done as Apple normally operates. Even if I feel a lot of the hacked accounts are because of bad user habits, i.e. weak passwords or using only one password for everything.
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Just my opinion,
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > Brent
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > On May 3, 2012, at 4:47 PM, lwr32 wrote:
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > I've already filled out the questions. Yes, I do think Apple is getting paranoid about accounts getting hacked.
> > > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > > 🐰 Alice
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

3.3.

Re: apple id confirmation

Posted by: "itasara" itasara@rochester.rr.com   itasara

Mon May 7, 2012 2:22 pm (PDT)



I like that idea of taking screenshots. I also do that once in a while and I transfer all the infor for each site to an application I have that I got a long time ago. It meets my needs and is readily available. It is called navigational velocity. Far as a remember it is free. It was written by a student at the time and he has since upgraded it. It is a note taking application but very easy to put down all the things you need to remember. it is a blank page that you fill in the subject and then the infomation. Each place can have its own page. I tend to put like subjects om one page, for example all my email addresses and pws or favorite websites and logins. It is rather simple but always available. It is easy too look up what you have written by putting something related in the subject and the app will find all related places to find it. If you have a lot of items on one page, it will highlight the subject you want. My biggest problem is keeping up with all changes that often take place (bc if I don't I'm usually sorry and if it is a lost pw or security answer I have to start all over again to get a new one) and other than remembering the name of the app, the data is saved in a pref and i have a hard time remembering the name of the pref. I do print out the info. i have printed it out to save and from time to time and I save a copy of the info. on another part of my computer. I do recommend it if you want to try it.. the website is: http://notational.net/

On May 6, 2012, at 5:30 AM, apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com wrote:

>
> On May 4, 2012, at 7:18 PM, Techlady wrote:
>
> > I take screen shots of my answers.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3.4.

Re: apple id confirmation

Posted by: "Patti A Robertson" pattiandken@charter.net   parpiano

Mon May 7, 2012 4:53 pm (PDT)



Yes, Thanks for the idea of taking screenshots - duh, why didn't I think of that?

Patti

On May 7, 2012, at 2:18 PM, itasara wrote:

> I like that idea of taking screenshots. I also do that once in a while and I transfer all the infor for each site to an application I have that I got a long time ago. It meets my needs and is readily available. It is called navigational velocity. Far as a remember it is free. It was written by a student at the time and he has since upgraded it. It is a note taking application but very easy to put down all the things you need to remember. it is a blank page that you fill in the subject and then the infomation. Each place can have its own page. I tend to put like subjects om one page, for example all my email addresses and pws or favorite websites and logins. It is rather simple but always available. It is easy too look up what you have written by putting something related in the subject and the app will find all related places to find it. If you have a lot of items on one page, it will highlight the subject you want. My biggest problem is keeping up with all changes that often take place (bc if I don't I'm usually sorry and if it is a lost pw or security answer I have to start all over again to get a new one) and other than remembering the name of the app, the data is saved in a pref and i have a hard time remembering the name of the pref. I do print out the info. i have printed it out to save and from time to time and I save a copy of the info. on another part of my computer. I do recommend it if you want to try it.. the website is: http://notational.net/
>
> On May 6, 2012, at 5:30 AM, apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com wrote:
>
> >
> > On May 4, 2012, at 7:18 PM, Techlady wrote:
> >
> > > I take screen shots of my answers.
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3.5.

Re: apple id confirmation

Posted by: "Techlady" techlady04@yahoo.com   techlady04

Mon May 7, 2012 6:57 pm (PDT)



You are quite welcome. At some in my life I had about 9 email addresses to keep track of plus other various and sundry accounts.

Sigh. The old brain can't handle all of that! Lol

TL

On May 7, 2012, at 7:49 PM, Patti A Robertson <pattiandken@charter.net> wrote:

> Yes, Thanks for the idea of taking screenshots - duh, why didn't I think of that?
>
> Patti
>
> On May 7, 2012, at 2:18 PM, itasara wrote:
>
> > I like that idea of taking screenshots. I also do that once in a while and I transfer all the infor for each site to an application I have that I got a long time ago. It meets my needs and is readily available. It is called navigational velocity. Far as a remember it is free. It was written by a student at the time and he has since upgraded it. It is a note taking application but very easy to put down all the things you need to remember. it is a blank page that you fill in the subject and then the infomation. Each place can have its own page. I tend to put like subjects om one page, for example all my email addresses and pws or favorite websites and logins. It is rather simple but always available. It is easy too look up what you have written by putting something related in the subject and the app will find all related places to find it. If you have a lot of items on one page, it will highlight the subject you want. My biggest problem is keeping up with all changes that often take place (bc if I don't I'm usually sorry and if it is a lost pw or security answer I have to start all over again to get a new one) and other than remembering the name of the app, the data is saved in a pref and i have a hard time remembering the name of the pref. I do print out the info. i have printed it out to save and from time to time and I save a copy of the info. on another part of my computer. I do recommend it if you want to try it.. the website is: http://notational.net/
> >

4a.

Re: New question about Dropbox

Posted by: "Vishal Sheth" vusheth@gmail.com   vusheth

Mon May 7, 2012 5:09 am (PDT)



If nothing happens then copy locally and paste to Dropbox.

Vishal Sheth
Vusheth@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone

On 07-May-2012, at 3:09 AM, CambridgeHank <cambridgehank@yahoo.com> wrote:

I had my files stored on Mobileme for a long while. Apple moved everything
to iCloud except for storing my files. I have been looking at Dropbox but
do not see a way to move my files from mobileme.com to dropbox? Any help
will be appreciated.
Hank

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

5a.

Google Calendar

Posted by: "Andrew Piantanida" piantanida31@yahoo.com   piantanida31

Mon May 7, 2012 10:01 am (PDT)



I have VERY few complaints about my iPhone (4S), but I do have one.

So far, the smartphones I have used have included a Palm Treo 700p, a BlackBerry Storm, a BlackBerry Tour, a Motorola Droid 2, an iPhone 4, a Motorola Droid 4, & an iPhone 4S.

I use my smartphone mostly for business, & I have to say, the worst calendar I have ever used has been on the iPhones. It is their Achilles Heel.
Long story short, has anyone tried Google Calendar? Does it have a "snooze" allotment for appointments? Is it quite reliable?

Thx. -Andy P.


5b.

Re: Google Calendar

Posted by: "Techlady" techlady04@yahoo.com   techlady04

Mon May 7, 2012 6:57 pm (PDT)



I use google. It syncs wth my phone no problem. I too had many palms. And yes, my only issue wth the iPhone has been their calendar.

Not sure about the snooze button. I'm thinking no.

TL

On May 7, 2012, at 1:00 PM, "Andrew Piantanida" <piantanida31@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have VERY few complaints about my iPhone (4S), but I do have one.
>
> So far, the smartphones I have used have included a Palm Treo 700p, a BlackBerry Storm, a BlackBerry Tour, a Motorola Droid 2, an iPhone 4, a Motorola Droid 4, & an iPhone 4S.
>
> I use my smartphone mostly for business, & I have to say, the worst calendar I have ever used has been on the iPhones. It is their Achilles Heel.
> Long story short, has anyone tried Google Calendar? Does it have a "snooze" allotment for appointments? Is it quite reliable?
>
> Thx. -Andy P.
>
>
>
>
>
> TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
> America's top tax havens
> Privacy Policy
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

6.

Apple releases iOS 5.1.1

Posted by: "Bill Boulware" bill.boulware@gmail.com   boulware0224

Mon May 7, 2012 1:10 pm (PDT)



http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/9To5Mac-MacAllDay/~3/MeTC8oMUBIc/

Sent to you by Bill Boulware via Google Reader: Apple releases iOS
5.1.1 via 9to5Mac by Jordan Kahn on 5/7/12



Apple just released iOS 5.1.1 (build number 9B206) for iPad, iPod
touch, and iPhone. As you can see from the release notes above, the
54.4 MB update includes: improved reliability for the HDR option when
accessing the camera app from the lock screen; a number of other fixes
for bugs affecting AirPlay video playback; the ability to switch
between 2G and 3G networks on third-gen iPad; and, an "Unable to
purchase" alert.

-Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the
Lock Screen shortcut.

-Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between
2G and 3G networks.

-Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances.

-Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List.

-Fixes an issue where 'Unable to purchase' alert could be displayed
after successful purchase.


Related articles
- This is how Apple can improve text editing in iOS [Video]
(9to5mac.com)




Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to 9to5Mac using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your
favorite sites

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

7.

Target discounting iPhone 4S to $149, iPhone 4 to $49 – in st

Posted by: "Bill Boulware" bill.boulware@gmail.com   boulware0224

Mon May 7, 2012 1:34 pm (PDT)



Sent to you by Bill Boulware via Google Reader: Target discounting
iPhone 4S to $149, iPhone 4 to $49 – in store only via 9to5Mac by Jake
Smith on 5/7/12



If you're looking to pick up the iPhone 4S in the next couple of days,
make sure to check your local Target store before purchasing. Thanks to
a couple of tips sent to us via email, we now know that various Target
locations are now running a deal on the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 on all
carriers. The 16GB iPhone 4S is available for $149.99 on two year
contract, while the iPhone 4 is $49.99 on two year contract — both at a
$50 discount. Let us know down in the comments if your local Target is
running this deal, because sadly it isn't available online.

Cheers, Caleb, iDanny!




Related articles
- Walmart flyers show iPhone 4S marked down to $114, only in a few
stores (9to5mac.com)
- Apple Store Genius Bars now facing more iPhone 4 replacement
constraints, told to swap for 4S (9to5mac.com)
- iFrogz Luxe Hard Case for iPhone 4S for $1 + $2 s&h (9to5toys.com)




Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to 9to5Mac using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your
favorite sites

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

8.

Here Comes The Handy CV Preparing App for iOS: CV Maker

Posted by: "Bill Boulware" bill.boulware@gmail.com   boulware0224

Mon May 7, 2012 1:35 pm (PDT)



http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Appcraver/~3/QEnwBvTbHG0/

Sent to you by Bill Boulware via Google Reader: Here Comes The Handy CV
Preparing App for iOS: CV Maker via AppCraver: iOS App Reviews and News
by BarbH on 5/7/12
CV Maker
Developer: DAHABASKA REKLAM VE ILETISIM HIZ.LTD.STI.
Price: $1.99
Download from the App Store
User Ratings:
DahaBaska today is pleased to announce the release and immediate
availability of CV Maker 1.1, its new resume builder for iPhone, iPad
and iPod touch. Almost every job interview requires a resume. Employers
are prepared to draw attention by the authentic CVs from the candidates
that are applying for the same position. Here is a iOS universal
application that is perfect for those who are looking after a new job.
CV Maker simples the way to prepare resumes. With one or two taps your
CV / Resume is ready. Prepare and share your CV's in different styles
within minutes.
(more...)
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to AppCraver: iOS App Reviews and News using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your
favorite sites

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Cat Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about cats.

Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web