11/16/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 9237

1 New Message

Digest #9237
1a
Re: Safe Mode unsafe by "HAL9000" jrswebhome

Message

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:00 am (PST) . Posted by:

"HAL9000" jrswebhome

Joan, you are pressing the button on the back of the iMac to boot? I know that is a stupid question. Do you have a installer disk to boot from?

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, "Joan B. Sax, Ph.D." <jsax@...> wrote:
>
> I was having beach ball problems mentioned in a post today or yesterday, so I tried step one of Randy' Singer's RBB website suggestion and rebooted in "safe mode" (holding down the shift key after the initial tone). What happened is that the screen after a bit of revolving gear and the little progress line at the bottom went blank and the computer turned off. Now it won't reboot in any mode. I am running OS 10.8.2 on an iMac with a Mac wireless keyboard and track pad. I am wondering if the wireless keyboard could be the problem.
> In any case my iMac won't start up at all (luckily I have a laptop, but my main computer is the iMac).
> Help!!
>
> Joan
>

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE