11/24/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 9250

8 New Messages

Digest #9250

Messages

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:23 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Eric" emanmb

http://dealnews.com/features/black-friday-week-apple-deals/

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, Vixpix <vixpix26@...> wrote:
>
> I waited for today to see if there are any iPhone 5 specials, but I'm not seeing anything.
>
> What I want is to upgrade my existing Verizon account to the iPhone 5 with the share plan and hotspot so I can also use the data with my iPad 3. I currently have a data plan with my iPad, which I can then drop.
>
> I looked online on Verizon's site, but don't see anything. I understand that the physical stores may have their own specials.
>
> Are there any specials out there that I might have missed?
>
> Vickie 
>
> Sent from a spoiled little iPad
>

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:20 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"N.A. Nada"

Pat, how does this get you through to a human quicker? And where do you access Voice Pass, and on what device?

The only mention of Voice Pass in the article is,

"What's great about your support profile is the integration with Apple's Voice Pass system as the two combined will fast-track your calls through Apple's support line as it will know why you're calling what product you're having an issue with."

That is it. Other articles I have found from web searches, may describe the Support Profile, and may mention Voice Pass, but do not tell you how to use Voice Pass or where to find it.

The only mention I can find of Voice Pass on Apples site is on the Support Profile page and says,

"My Support Profile offers one-stop access to manage your products, support activities, and contact information. You can also join VoicePass, so Apple can quickly identify you and provide a fast, personalized experience when you call."

That does not get you past the phone menu to a human faster. And when I have called for support they don't mention Support Profile. They do usually, eventually ask for your Apple ID somewhere in the conversation, which will direct them to the Support Profile, which gives them the serial number for your Apple devices.

On Nov 23, 2012, at 7:01 AM, pat412255 wrote:

You also have to set up Voice Pass & this short article explains how to do that:

<http://www.applegazette.com/news/apple-makes-support-easier-for-every-apple-product-you-own/>

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@...> wrote:
>
> I haven't noticed any difference, and I have registered my Apple devices for years.
>
> On Nov 22, 2012, at 9:04 AM, pat412255 wrote:
>
> When the automated system answers the call all of your information is accessed without any input from you except to verify which of your listed devices you are calling about.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:14 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Rob Lenhart" rlenhart

I have been trying to copy a few dozen albums from my MBP to an iPad.

In the Summary category in iTunes I have checked off "manually manage music and videos".

Despite this each time I attempt to copy songs iTunes automatically begins (and once begun I can't stop it) to download 3,500 items which I immediately delete from the iPad.

How do I stop this.

What do I have to do to just download the few albums I want to copy.

HELP!

Rob Lenhart

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:45 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Patti A Robertson" parpiano

I don't have mine with me right now, but someplace in one of the menus you have a box checked that says "automatically fill remaining space with music". I think it's auto checked to begin with.

Hunt around, find it and uncheck it and all will be well.

Patti

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 23, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Rob Lenhart <roblenhart@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have been trying to copy a few dozen albums from my MBP to an iPad.
>
> In the Summary category in iTunes I have checked off "manually manage music and videos".
>
> Despite this each time I attempt to copy songs iTunes automatically begins (and once begun I can't stop it) to download 3,500 items which I immediately delete from the iPad.
>
> How do I stop this.
>
> What do I have to do to just download the few albums I want to copy.
>
> HELP!
>
> Rob Lenhart
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:18 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Bert" bertmccall

I have upgraded the 2 GB of ram to 4 GB and everything, including the Finder, appears to work perfectly. Photoshop even opens about 75% quicker and runs blazing fast. Thanks to all of you for your advice.

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, "Bert" <bmccall@...> wrote:
>
> I'd like to know if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having with the Finder in Mountain Lion. Ever since I updated to Mountain Lion, I'm having to relaunch the Finder anytime I close or save a document or eject a disk. All I get is the endlessly spinning beach ball. After I relaunch, the problem is resolved until I open another file. Facebook, mail, safari, etc. seems to be all right. I am using Adobe CS4 and every app in that is also affected; many times having to relaunch the Finder and force-quit the CS4 apps to get things going again. I'm using a 20" iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB SDRAM. Before the Mountain Lion upgrade, everything was working fine. I've restarted many times. Would appreciate any suggestions.
>

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:20 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Kathy Benitez" kabenitez

Yes, I have tried different ear buds and also tried the ear buds that had the garbling on different devices and they worked perfectly. It isn't the ear buds, it has something to do with the iPhone.

And, now to muddy the picture further, my daughter came home from college with her iPhone and when she got home it started behaving the same way as my iPhone before she connected to the network.

My husband and son both have the same iPhone 4Gs as I and my daughter and their's works fine.

I'd be interested in any suggestions.

Thanks,
Kathy

Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:45 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Randy B. Singer" randybrucesinger


On Nov 23, 2012, at 3:41 AM, James I Fraser wrote:

> How do I get this company to ship to Tasmania?

Ask them what it would take.

___________________________________________
Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
___________________________________________

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:16 am (PST) . Posted by:

"redhillsranger" jsm5320432

Folks:

For some time Safari did not display a "scroll" bar on the right side of the screen and I could find no way to make it display. This morning the scroll bar is back. I have no idea why it disappeared nor why it came back.

Question 1 is what do I need to do to keep the scroll bar now that I have it?

Question 2 is that no matter how many times I go into Safari preferences and set my home page to Yahoo, Safari always opens on the last page I was on before. Is this a bug in 6.0.2. I did not have this problem in my earlier versions of Safari. How can I get Safari to open on my homepage as set in Safari preferences?

Thanks,

John

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE