11/11/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 9227

1 New Message

Digest #9227
1a
Re: iTunes-iPhone issue by "HAL9000" jrswebhome

Message

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 am (PST) . Posted by:

"HAL9000" jrswebhome

Since you have been using iTunes on a computer or the iCloud to back up your phone, I would suggest completely wiping the phone and reinstalling a fresh system, not a backup. iTunes knows what apps you have purchased and downloaded freely.

I use an iPhone 4 and have had no problems w the new iOS. If I do, I completely shut down the phone, then restart. Many issues are solved in this way.

jr

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Workman" <workmam@...> wrote:
>
> > Since last week I can't get podcasts newer than 11/4 on the phone. It might have something to do with an iOS upgrade last week. I did try to restore the phone to Sept backup, but that doesn't help.
> > When I click on get more episodes, it tells me I need to download the Podcasts app, but it will not let me.
> > I use the iPhone4 primarily to listen to podcasts. I remember MrJobs saying the iPhone was the best iPod (and it was).
> > I get a dozen or so podcasts per day from many different sources. iTunes takes care of this just fine. When I get home from work I sync the phone so I can listen to these as I need.
> >
> > Is there a software/hardware combo that will operate like I'm used to (since the classic)
> > I have so much time and frustration trying to get something to work that I've been doing for many years. I'm looking for something that "just works"
> >
> > Thanks for any ideas
> > Mark
> >
> > Sent from my iHouse
>

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE