11/18/2012

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1329

5 New Messages

Digest #1329
1a
how to dele the updates. by "jagu" jaguar2s
1b
Re: how to dele the updates. by "Michelle Ress" safoocat
2a
iPod and iPad by "Bellsouth" cordgrass@bellsouth.net
2b
Re: iPod and iPad by "Michelle Ress" safoocat
2c
Re: iPod and iPad by "Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Messages

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 am (PST) . Posted by:

"jagu" jaguar2s

How do you delete the new updates, from Itune.Having older Touch, some up then wont work, and afraid, I might, put then in and make Apps, I already have useless.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:27 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Michelle Ress" safoocat

*Hi If you backed up before you updated you can restore,*
*then don't update again. Set it to not check and ask for updates*
**
*Michelle Ress*

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 5:36 AM, jagu <jaguar0@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> How do you delete the new updates, from Itune.Having older Touch, some up
> then wont work, and afraid, I might, put then in and make Apps, I already
> have useless.
>
>
>

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:27 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Bellsouth" cordgrass@bellsouth.net

I just purchased an iPad. If I want the same apps, songs, videos, etc. on my new iPad as I have now on my iPod can I just name the iPad the same as the iPod and sync wit iTunes? Or does iTunes recognize the iPad differently than the iPod? Would it be recommended that I do not do this and treat each as independent of each other?

Are there iPad groups that are more recommended than others to join? I have learned so much about my iPod from these groups.

Thanks,

Don

Sent from my iPod

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:53 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Michelle Ress" safoocat

iTunes recognizes the iPad as seperate but you can still put the same
things on it, just select them
and sync like you do your iPod.
**
**
*Michelle Ress*

On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Bellsouth <cordgrass@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> I just purchased an iPad. If I want the same apps, songs, videos, etc. on
> my new iPad as I have now on my iPod can I just name the iPad the same as
> the iPod and sync wit iTunes? Or does iTunes recognize the iPad differently
> than the iPod? Would it be recommended that I do not do this and treat each
> as independent of each other?
>
> Are there iPad groups that are more recommended than others to join? I
> have learned so much about my iPod from these groups.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
>

Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:53 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Don:

Congratulations on your new baby! iPads rock!

iTunes does differentiate between iPhones, iPod Touches and iPads, seeing them as distinctly different device classes. I would name your iPad uniquely, trying to restore from an iPod backup is not recommended (it may not even be possible). My guess is that the majority (if not all) of your apps should run on your iPad - however you may find it preferable to check the store for iPad-optimized versions for some of your apps. Checking the AppStore via your iPad will, by default, point you to iPad app versions.

I'm currently synching an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and an iPod Classic on my Mac mini.

--ryan

Sent from my Apple iPad 

On Nov 17, 2012, at 13:45, Bellsouth <cordgrass@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I just purchased an iPad. If I want the same apps, songs, videos, etc. on my new iPad as I have now on my iPod can I just name the iPad the same as the iPod and sync wit iTunes? Or does iTunes recognize the iPad differently than the iPod? Would it be recommended that I do not do this and treat each as independent of each other?
>
> Are there iPad groups that are more recommended than others to join? I have learned so much about my iPod from these groups.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Don
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
We are making changes based on your feedback, Thank you !
The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog