2/06/2013

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1354

2 New Messages

Digest #1354
1a
Class iPod & iTunes by "Connie Blanken" millikinminpins
1b
Re: Class iPod & iTunes by "Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Messages

Wed Feb 6, 2013 12:58 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Connie Blanken" millikinminpins

I'm new to the group, and happy to find it, as often I have questions on
using my iPod. Thanks for letting me join.

I have a Classic iPod 7th generation and I download podcasts through iTunes
from Premier Radio. They say to use iTunes version 9 for this download, and
I'm able to get the podcasts, but the iTunes page keeps deleting the old
ones with each new download and sync. I've been subscribing to this podcast
for a couple of years and wasn't having any trouble until recently, when my
operating system had to be reloaded and the iTunes put back on. I have
checked the settings, and it's marked to "keep all" downloads, but it
doesn't. Has anyone experienced trouble with iTunes? Could this problem be
with my iPod? I haven't dropped it or anything, but still it could have
gone bad. I've only had this particular iPod for about a year, so I
wouldn't think it's worn out. Anyone have any ideas?

Connie

Wed Feb 6, 2013 1:03 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

Welcome Connie:

You might want to try updating to iTunes 11, that's the latest most current version. Apple has been changing the way that podcasts are handled by iOS, it's possible that iTunes 9 is no longer in line with the new protocols.

BTW - What operating system/platform are you using? Windows or Mac?

--ryan

Sent from my Apple iPad 

On Feb 6, 2013, at 3:53, "Connie Blanken" cblanken1218@roadrunner.com> wrote:

> I'm new to the group, and happy to find it, as often I have questions on using my iPod. Thanks for letting me join.
>
>
>
> I have a Classic iPod 7th generation and I download podcasts through iTunes from Premier Radio. They say to use iTunes version 9 for this download, and I'm able to get the podcasts, but the iTunes page keeps deleting the old ones with each new download and sync. I've been subscribing to this podcast for a couple of years and wasn't having any trouble until recently, when my operating system had to be reloaded and the iTunes put back on. I have checked the settings, and it's marked to "keep all" downloads, but it doesn't. Has anyone experienced trouble with iTunes? Could this problem be with my iPod? I haven't dropped it or anything, but still it could have gone bad. I've only had this particular iPod for about a year, so I wouldn't think it's worn out. Anyone have any ideas?
>
>
>
> Connie
>
>