2/07/2013

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1355

1 New Message

Digest #1355
1a
Re: Class iPod & iTunes by "Connie Blanken" millikinminpins

Message

Wed Feb 6, 2013 4:58 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Connie Blanken" millikinminpins

Thanks for responding, Ryan! I'm using Windows 7 (64 bit). 64 bit is a factor I always have to take into consideration when buying and using software. The problem is that I had to use iTunes 9, because when the iTunes 11 was installed, it said it didn't work with the Premier Radio Podcasts. But before the reinstall of the operating system, I had been using the newer version that had upgraded and everything was working. What I tried last night was reinstalling the operating system to my iPod. So I'll have to wait until tonight to see what happens when I download another group of files. If it doesn't work tonight, I'll take the upgrade when it's offered, and see what happens there. Maybe I just have to first install iTunes 9 to get the podcast working, and then it's okay to upgrade.

The way iTunes works is so confusing to me anyway. A Second issue is that podcasts play the files (or hours) backwards. I've seen others complained about that too. They say the fix on that is to make a playlist and download from the playlist, LOL, but then there's a note on the iTunes website saying podcasts from radio stations won't play through a playlist. So I guess that isn't a fix for the problem. If the songs in an album don't play backwards, why would podcasts? They say this last version is more user friendly, but I didn't find that to be so for the short time I was using it.

Again, thanks for your help.

Connie

Welcome Connie:

You might want to try updating to iTunes 11, that's the latest most current version. Apple has been changing the way that podcasts are handled by iOS, it's possible that iTunes 9 is no longer in line with the new protocols.

BTW - What operating system/platform are you using? Windows or Mac?

--ryan

._,___