3/02/2013

[MacBook] Digest Number 3685

1 New Message

Digest #3685
1a
Re: iPad calendar question. by "Mary McManus" marygoblue2000

Message

Fri Mar 1, 2013 6:36 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Mary McManus" marygoblue2000

You can have the calendar sync to the cloud while leaving other things to sync to your Mac. I do not want Contacts syncing to the cloud because on the Mac I periodically have to send out messages to a group of about 150, and in order to do this, I have those members on groups in my contacts. If I sync my contacts to the cloud, I have to sync ALL of them to the iPad or phone. Syncing contacts to the Mac still gives me the option to only sync certain groups, and I try to limit the contacts on my phone and iPad to those whom I might actually call.

The point of mentioning this is to say that if your Calendar is syncing to the cloud, you do have the option to add invitees which you can do when initially entering an event, or later tap on it to edit and add them.

Mary