6/15/2013

[macsupport] Digest Number 9605

3 New Messages

Digest #9605
1a
turn off calendar reminders by "Patti A Robertson" parpiano
1b
Re: turn off calendar reminders by "Forrest Leedy" forrkazu

Messages

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:00 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Patti A Robertson" parpiano

Hi all -

I'm giving a report Monday using my computer to project spreadsheets onto a screen, and want to make sure that all my reminders that I have set on my calendar don't pop up during the talk.

Sorry to be a dunce, but how do I do that? And is there anything else I should be making sure doesn't happen that I might have programmed but wouldn't remember (that's why I have reminders, because I don't remember!).

Thanks much,

Patti

Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:29 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Forrest Leedy" forrkazu

In System Preferences click on notifications which will list all things that produce notifications. Highlight calendar and change it to "none". Of course you are going to have to remember to change it back once you are through with your presentation.

Forrest

On Jun 14, 2013, at 8:00 PM, Patti A Robertson <pattiandken@charter.net> wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I'm giving a report Monday using my computer to project spreadsheets onto a screen, and want to make sure that all my reminders that I have set on my calendar don't pop up during the talk.
>
> Sorry to be a dunce, but how do I do that? And is there anything else I should be making sure doesn't happen that I might have programmed but wouldn't remember (that's why I have reminders, because I don't remember!).
>
> Thanks much,
>
> Patti
>

Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:10 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Otto Nikolaus" nikyzf

On 14 June 2013 23:58, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com> wrote:

>
> *A* standard.
> By no means *the* standard.
>

I repeat, the *de facto* standard (for data transfer for home computer
users), just as USB 2 has been for the last 10 years or so. Yes, FW was
better, but not by enough for the mass market to adopt it, even though the
price premium was small.

Can you really see TB doing even as well FW did? I can't.

Otto

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE