1/21/2013

[macsupport] Digest Number 9338

2 New Messages

Digest #9338
1a
Re: Viewing photos by "Jeannie" chloe898
2a
Re: Mountain Lion upgrade printing problem by "Denver Dan" denverdan22180

Messages

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:21 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Jeannie" chloe898

I am just viewing them in their folders, and preview is the default..No
program. I have never used Iphoto, and don't own aperture. All my photowork
is done in Photoshop CS6, and LR4, but I will sometimes look in folders ,
so that I can pick which images to post, and it helps if I can see more
than the thumbnail.
Jeannie

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Barry Austern barryaus@fuse.net> wrote:

>
> On Jan 21, 2013, at 12:03 PM, Jeannie wrote:
>
> > I am having a strange problem and don't know if it is something I did, or
> > if the latest upgrade to Mountain Lion did it.
> >
> > I put my photos into folders. Previously, I could click on them and they
> > would open. I could even open as many as I wanted and they would appear
> on
> > a column on the left hand side.
> >
> > Now when I click on them , they kinda flash as though they were going to
> > open..but nothing happens. However, If I right click and chose open, they
> > open on a beautiful black background, and on the left hand side column
> > not only is the picture or pictures that I have chosen, but also some
> that
> > were recently opned, even though they may no longer be in their folder.
>
> Need more info. What are you trying to view them with: Aperture, iPhoto,
> Preview, what?
>
> Considering you are talking about a column on the left side, I guess it is
> in iPhoto? When launching it hold down the command and option keys and you
> will be given the option to repair various things.
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Group FAQ:
> http://www.macsupportcentral.com/policies/>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

--
Jeannie
View my images :
http://www.pbase.com/nikonjeannie

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:09 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Denver Dan" denverdan22180

Howdy.

Sometimes after a big upgrade the sort of hidden print system needs to
be reset.

It's called Reset Printing System.

Try this. Won't hurt and might fix it.

Open System Preferences

Open Print & Scan panel.

Hover mouse in left column named Printers

Do a right click (or Control left click) and pick the Reset Printing
System command.

All of your printer queues will be removed. No printer drivers are
removed or deleted - just the queues that appear in the Printers list.

Set up your printers again. Take the moment to check the maker's web
site for current drivers.

If you have a combo printer/scanner/fax, most often you need to
download not only a driver but also software to install to use those
features.

Good luck

Denver Dan

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 21:44:36 +0000, bobbystar wrote:
> After installing Mountain Lion on my MacBook Pro a few days ago I
> encountered a printing problem.
>
> I usually print to an HP LaserJet Professional P1102W with this
> computer. it will not print until I cancel the print job in the
> printer Queue or close the lid on the computer.
>
> Is there a setting that got wacky and needs to be changed?
>
> TIA,
>
> Bobby
>

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE