3/05/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2922

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

1a.
Re: Mophie Juice Pack Air Snap purchased From: Mark Sanford Geiger
1b.
Re: Mophie Juice Pack Air Snap purchased From: Jim Saklad
2a.
Re: Email password From: Wayne Sweet
2b.
Re: Email password From: Clark Martin

Messages

1a.

Re: Mophie Juice Pack Air Snap purchased

Posted by: "Mark Sanford Geiger" geiger4@gmail.com   mgmarx19

Sun Mar 4, 2012 3:20 pm (PST)



I have a battery from solo that I use when away from home if my charge level is low. Using it routinely as a way to recharge rather than charging the phone directly uses charge cycles that the battery has a modest limit before it no longer holds a charge. Batteries can cycle about 300-400 times. So the external battery would be good for about a year then need to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone
Mark Sanford Geiger

On Mar 4, 2012, at 1:51 PM, "inphasefive" <skirbyiphone@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> I have mentioned this before but I am so pleased with it I will mention it again. I use a case with _removable_ battery made by www.thirdrailmobility.com. I have two batteries at home which I use to charge my phone whenever it needs it and I'm home. I take the battery off before I leave the house (and plug it in to charge), so I'm back to a slim, light iPhone with a pretty good, non slip case. I have a third battery in the car in case I get caught low on charge. I never have to plug my phone in, so I can check mail, sports scores etc in the middle of the night without a wire or dock to fuss with. To me it is an elegant solution to keeping my iPhone ready to go all the time.
>
> --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, Allan <aaunkst@...> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not exactly happy with product , I will probably return it with in the 14 day period apple allows.
> >
> >
> > Email sent by iphone 4
> >
> > On Mar 4, 2012, at 15:17, "N.A. Nada" <whodo678@...> wrote:
> >
> > > So they traded one function for another. Now you can dock it more easily, but they left the USB and charge indicator lights in the bottom. With the battery now in the top, then I guess it was a trade off. They still need to use the 30-pin connector to power the iPhone, and left the other hardware there, also.
> > >
> > > Funny you found a review dated last June, but they don't have it on their own web site. I guess stranger things have happened.
> > >
> > > Brent
> > >
> > > On Mar 4, 2012, at 11:40 AM, Allan wrote:
> > >
> > > > Here's where I read about the docking of snap air
> > > >
> > > > http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=40900
> >
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: Mophie Juice Pack Air Snap purchased

Posted by: "Jim Saklad" jimdoc@me.com   jimdoc01

Sun Mar 4, 2012 5:26 pm (PST)



> I have a battery from solo that I use when away from home if my charge level is low. Using it routinely as a way to recharge rather than charging the phone directly uses charge cycles that the battery has a modest limit before it no longer holds a charge. Batteries can cycle about 300-400 times. So the external battery would be good for about a year then need to be replaced.

Apple says that the batteries *IN* the iPhone and iPad are good for at least 1000 full, 100%, charge/discharge cycles.

At once daily, that would be about 3 years.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

2a.

Re: Email password

Posted by: "Wayne Sweet" expplane@comcast.net   nomadvulcan

Sun Mar 4, 2012 3:55 pm (PST)



I didn't make it clear. When you First setup an email account on a iOS5 device and for an internet provider email account, in Settings on iPhone/iPad one must set the password twice; once for income and once for outgoing servers. Had to get a new password for my wife and she could not send but could receive email because I didn't realize on iOS5 devices you have to set the out going server password also. Why? Don't have to on an iMac running Snow Leopard/Lion.

Sent from my iPhone

2b.

Re: Email password

Posted by: "Clark Martin" cmmac@sonic.net   cmartin1138

Sun Mar 4, 2012 7:08 pm (PST)



On Mar 4, 2012, at 3:48 PM, Wayne Sweet <expplane@comcast.net> wrote:

> I didn't make it clear. When you First setup an email account on a iOS5 device and for an internet provider email account, in Settings on iPhone/iPad one must set the password twice; once for income and once for outgoing servers. Had to get a new password for my wife and she could not send but could receive email because I didn't realize on iOS5 devices you have to set the out going server password also. Why? Don't have to on an iMac running Snow Leopard/Lion.
>

The server for reading mail (POP / IMAP) and sending (SMTP) are separate and can have different usernames and passwords.

There are two reasons why Mac Mail doesn't need the password twice. Either it assumes the two usernames and passwords are the same or the user in question is not using authentication for sending. Generally the latter only happens when the user is sending from within their ISP's network.

When I set up Mail on my Mac I did have to enter the authentication for the SMTP.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Mental Health

Learn More

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Improve your business

by community exchange

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web