3/18/2012

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1236

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
IOS 5.1 upgrade From: Bellsouth
1b.
Re: IOS 5.1 upgrade From: Ryan Waldon

Messages

1a.

IOS 5.1 upgrade

Posted by: "Bellsouth" cordgrass@bellsouth.net   cordgrass@bellsouth.net

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 pm (PDT)




I presently have IOS 5.0.1 installed on my iPod 3rd gen. I see no real benefits to me installing the 5.1 version. Would it be a mistake not to upload to that version? Or should I stay where I am now? Comments appreciated.

Don

Sent from my iPod

1b.

Re: IOS 5.1 upgrade

Posted by: "Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002@gmail.com   ryanwaldon2002

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:28 pm (PDT)



I recommend updating. There are some security and power management issues that are addressed in the new version. If you have already updated to 5.0.1, it's a very painless process. A computer is not necessary, all you need is a good wifi-connection and fully-charged battery (although I recommend putting your device on a charger).

--ryan

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4S 

On Mar 17, 2012, at 23:34, Bellsouth <cordgrass@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>
> I presently have IOS 5.0.1 installed on my iPod 3rd gen. I see no real benefits to me installing the 5.1 version. Would it be a mistake not to upload to that version? Or should I stay where I am now? Comments appreciated.
>
> Don
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web