3/23/2012

[MacBook] Digest Number 3607

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

1a.
Re: Mac Mail From: Hummerbydesign
1b.
Re: Mac Mail From: Ted LaMar
2.
zoom in Mail and Safari. From: Hummerbydesign
3.
bounce feature in mail From: Hummerbydesign

Messages

1a.

Re: Mac Mail

Posted by: "Hummerbydesign" rhum1@shaw.ca   Hummerbydesign

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 pm (PDT)



This is an interesting topic. Which operating system are you using and referring to as I cannot find the files mentioned in your response when going into the "library" folder.

--- In macbook@yahoogroups.com, Ted LaMar <tedlamar@...> wrote:
>
> Im not a fan of the migration tool!
>
> In my experience, when moving from a machine that has been in use for 5-ish years, 60 percent of what the tool migrates you dont need anyway..... This is just my opinion. I dont like stale stuff.
>
> Merging two mac mail accounts I dont think can be done. I usually recommend just initializimg the new mail program (by launching it once) then overwriting the following key folders/file:
> /library/app support/addressbook
> /library/mail
> /library/preferences/com/apple.mail.plist
>
> As previuosly mentioned, this will OVERWRITE anything you have already downloaded or set up in the new mac mail app.

1b.

Re: Mac Mail

Posted by: "Ted LaMar" tedlamar@pacbell.net

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:27 pm (PDT)



Thanks- i should have mentioned the version. 10.6.? Im pretty sure. Ill have to confirm Friday. But i am under the impression that mac mail for lion uses the same locations.

Ill confirm asap

Sincerely,

B

Sent from my personal cellular communication device; Please excuse my brevity.

On Mar 22, 2012, at 2:52 PM, "Hummerbydesign" <rhum1@shaw.ca> wrote:

> This is an interesting topic. Which operating system are you using and referring to as I cannot find the files mentioned in your response when going into the "library" folder.
>
> --- In macbook@yahoogroups.com, Ted LaMar <tedlamar@...> wrote:
> >
> > Im not a fan of the migration tool!
> >
> > In my experience, when moving from a machine that has been in use for 5-ish years, 60 percent of what the tool migrates you dont need anyway..... This is just my opinion. I dont like stale stuff.
> >
> > Merging two mac mail accounts I dont think can be done. I usually recommend just initializimg the new mail program (by launching it once) then overwriting the following key folders/file:
> > /library/app support/addressbook
> > /library/mail
> > /library/preferences/com/apple.mail.plist
> >
> > As previuosly mentioned, this will OVERWRITE anything you have already downloaded or set up in the new mac mail app.
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2.

zoom in Mail and Safari.

Posted by: "Hummerbydesign" rhum1@shaw.ca   Hummerbydesign

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 pm (PDT)



I am using OS 10.7.3 LION the most recent as far as I know. Since upgrading I have not been able to use the multi touch command where you spread two fingers to zoom in. This is for both Mail and Safari applications. I do know that it is possible to zoom in by clicking on the large "A" icon in the toolbar and on the small "A" to zoom out in the toolbar.
However, but I want to be able to navigate without having to move my mouse up to the toolbar so that my hand motions are more intuitive. This was totally possible in the previous operating system Snow Leopard. Anyone have the same problem and have a solution to this issue?

3.

bounce feature in mail

Posted by: "Hummerbydesign" rhum1@shaw.ca   Hummerbydesign

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:06 pm (PDT)



I used to be able to BOUNCE back unwanted emails in Snow Leopard, but since upgrading to Lion have not been able to. Does anyone know of a workaround or solution to this? This is a link to Apple's instructions on bouncing but it seems to apply only to Snow leopard. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mail/4.0/en/9919.html

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web