3/16/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 8789

Messages In This Digest (23 Messages)

1a.
Re: file coupling ??? From: Jurgen Richter
2a.
iTunes Store News From: Harry Flaxman
2b.
Re: iTunes Store News From: Terry Pogue
2c.
Re: iTunes Store News From: Harry Flaxman
2d.
Re: iTunes Store News From: N.A. Nada
2e.
Re: iTunes Store News From: Harry Flaxman
2f.
Re: iTunes Store News From: Harry Flaxman
3a.
Re: Safari, Mail and Facebook From: Denver Dan
3b.
Re: Safari, Mail and Facebook From: Island Center for the Arts
4a.
Re: Run Rosetta apps under Lion From: N.A. Nada
5a.
Two Memory Questions From: Roger Harris
5b.
Re: Two Memory Questions From: paul smith
5c.
Re: Two Memory Questions From: HAL9000
6a.
iPad Trade In Program from Apple From: Denver Dan
6b.
Re: iPad Trade In Program from Apple From: jcs
7.
AAPL On US Nat'l News From: Harry Flaxman
8a.
EarthLink email address is out of storage space From: Louise Stewart
8b.
Re: EarthLink email address is out of storage space From: N.A. Nada
9.
Lion and MS Office for mac 2008 From: hester reik
10a.
Lion, Safari and zooming From: Barbara Adamski
10b.
Re: Lion, Safari and zooming From: Earle Jones
10c.
Re: Lion, Safari and zooming From: Barb Adamski
11.
Lyrics on an iPhone 4 version 5.1 From: HAL9000

Messages

1a.

Re: file coupling ???

Posted by: "Jurgen Richter" yahoo-1@sympatico.ca   epsongroups

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:01 am (PDT)



For a one off, why not download a demo of non-free stuff that could work
- ie., GraphicConverter, Photoshop.... I'm not sure Photoshop Elements
works with layers, but you would need something that lets you enlarge
the canvas first, then paste the second file into position, then flatten
the image and save as a new JPEG.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2a.

iTunes Store News

Posted by: "Harry Flaxman" harry.flaxman@me.com   hflaxman001

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:09 am (PDT)



It looks as if the iTunes store has finally put a facility in to
re-download past purchases for any ID in total.

I am just noticing this today, as it might have happened earlier in the
week.

It's about GOSH darned time!

(not that everyone wasn't backing up the whole time)

Harry

2b.

Re: iTunes Store News

Posted by: "Terry Pogue" tpogue@comcast.net   terrypogue_2000

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:27 am (PDT)



That is really good news. I have always been able to view past purchases on Apple TV but I prefer to watch TV on my large laptop and the other day for some reason I couldn't find The Descendants which I had purchased the day before. My husband had seen it but I had not. I looked everywhere for that darn movie. I finally found it on my backup RAID but it certainly would have been easier to just grab it from the Apple tore again.
Other than being able to access ones account do they make you jump thru any more hoops?
terry

On Mar 15, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Harry Flaxman wrote:

> It looks as if the iTunes store has finally put a facility in to
> re-download past purchases for any ID in total.
>
> I am just noticing this today, as it might have happened earlier in the
> week.
>
> It's about GOSH darned time!
>
> (not that everyone wasn't backing up the whole time)
>
> Harry
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Group FAQ:
> <http://www.macsupportcentral.com/policies/>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

2c.

Re: iTunes Store News

Posted by: "Harry Flaxman" harry.flaxman@me.com   hflaxman001

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:36 am (PDT)




That is really good news. I have always been able to view past purchases
on Apple TV but I prefer to watch TV on my large laptop and the other
day for some reason I couldn't find The Descendants which I had
purchased the day before. My husband had seen it but I had not. I looked
everywhere for that darn movie. I finally found it on my backup RAID but
it certainly would have been easier to just grab it from the Apple tore
again.
Other than being able to access ones account do they make you jump thru
any more hoops?

-------

No hoops at all. I have about 4 Apple IDs which I've accumulated over
the years before smacking my forehead and realizing that I should use a
public email address and not an ISP assigned one.

I've reset the passwords on those accounts and will be recovering all
that I've lost.

Harry

2d.

Re: iTunes Store News

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 pm (PDT)




On Mar 15, 2012, at 11:36 AM, Harry Flaxman wrote:

> No hoops at all. I have about 4 Apple IDs which I've accumulated over
> the years before smacking my forehead and realizing that I should use a
> public email address and not an ISP assigned one.
>
> I've reset the passwords on those accounts and will be recovering all
> that I've lost.

About stinking time!

Now if they would allow people to combine all those extra Apple IDs we have.

And some of the blame is the way Apple keeps changing things related to Apple IDs.

They make software and hardware so easy, but accounts and service a PITA. And I'm an Apple enthusiast. Several times when I bought new hardware and purchased AppleCare with it, I could not find or access the AppleCare. They kept opening new accounts for me, without asking.

Brent
2e.

Re: iTunes Store News

Posted by: "Harry Flaxman" harry.flaxman@me.com   hflaxman001

Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:53 pm (PDT)



On 3/15/2012 4:09 PM, N.A. Nada wrote:
>
> On Mar 15, 2012, at 11:36 AM, Harry Flaxman wrote:
>
>> No hoops at all. I have about 4 Apple IDs which I've accumulated over
>> the years before smacking my forehead and realizing that I should use a
>> public email address and not an ISP assigned one.
>>
>> I've reset the passwords on those accounts and will be recovering all
>> that I've lost.
>
>
> About stinking time!
>
> Now if they would allow people to combine all those extra Apple IDs we have.
>

Awhile ago, one of the trade mags predicted that Apple was working on
combining IDs AFTER instituting the 're-download' policy.

We shall see.

I wish I could remember which one: Computerworld maybe?

Harry

>

2f.

Re: iTunes Store News

Posted by: "Harry Flaxman" harry.flaxman@me.com   hflaxman001

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:53 pm (PDT)



On 3/15/2012 4:53 PM, Harry Flaxman wrote:
> On 3/15/2012 4:09 PM, N.A. Nada wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 15, 2012, at 11:36 AM, Harry Flaxman wrote:
>>
>>> No hoops at all. I have about 4 Apple IDs which I've accumulated over
>>> the years before smacking my forehead and realizing that I should use a
>>> public email address and not an ISP assigned one.
>>>
>>> I've reset the passwords on those accounts and will be recovering all
>>> that I've lost.

I feel like it's Xmas all over again. I recovered an account I had
years ago, probably when the iTunes store was in it's infancy. I had
over 900 audio tracks there that I thought were lost. Most of them were
long gone due to hardware failure and no backup at the time. They're
all now happily downloading to my current machine.

I'm pondering this whole iCloud thing. It seems as if the iCloud system
seems to be taking on more and more of a role in our computing these
days. The re-downloading is enabled by Apple's iCloud servers. The
things that are syncing across multiple platforms, seamlessly, are amazing.

To think, 10.8 may have (rumoured anyway), file save to the cloud as a
standard. I think it would work out well.

This might be a good thing after all! :)

Harry

3a.

Re: Safari, Mail and Facebook

Posted by: "Denver Dan" denver.dan@verizon.net   denverdan22180

Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:20 pm (PDT)



Howdy.

You can change your default web browser easily.

Launch Safari.

Open Safari Preferences.

Click the General icon.

See the very first item for default web browser.

Some other browsers have a very similar preference option.

Denver Dan

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:09:10 +0200, Island Center for the Arts wrote:
> This is a continuing problem for people using this computer who use
> Facebook.
>
> When they receive an email notification of Facebook activity and try
> to connect to Facebook via the link in Mail, Safari says "Can't open
> the page because Safari can't connect to the server
> "www.facebook.com".
>
> If they open a new Safari page and enter the Facebook URL they get
> the same message.
> If they try this with Opera or Firefox they connect immediately.
>
> Some questions:
> 1. Why does this happen? Do others experience this?
> 2. Is there a way to fix Mail 4.5 preferences to select another
> browser as the primary browser for Mail?
>
> We have Safari 5.4.1 on Snow Leopard (10.6.8)
>
> Tom
>

3b.

Re: Safari, Mail and Facebook

Posted by: "Island Center for the Arts" finearts@otenet.gr   monkeymannmcghee

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:42 am (PDT)



Thanks Denver Dan-

I had noticed that item in Safari preferences. I didn't want to change the default web browser because I like Safari in general. However, choosing Opera as default browser cleared up the problem of email links - and I still can use Safari to my heart's content.

Good advice!
Tom

On Mar 15, 2012, at 9:20 PM, Denver Dan wrote:

> Howdy.
>
> You can change your default web browser easily.
>
> Launch Safari.
>
> Open Safari Preferences.
>
> Click the General icon.
>
> See the very first item for default web browser.
>
> Some other browsers have a very similar preference option.
>
> Denver Dan
>
>
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:09:10 +0200, Island Center for the Arts wrote:
>> This is a continuing problem for people using this computer who use
>> Facebook.
>>
>> When they receive an email notification of Facebook activity and try
>> to connect to Facebook via the link in Mail, Safari says "Can't open
>> the page because Safari can't connect to the server
>> "www.facebook.com".
>>
>> If they open a new Safari page and enter the Facebook URL they get
>> the same message.
>> If they try this with Opera or Firefox they connect immediately.
>>
>> Some questions:
>> 1. Why does this happen? Do others experience this?
>> 2. Is there a way to fix Mail 4.5 preferences to select another
>> browser as the primary browser for Mail?
>>
>> We have Safari 5.4.1 on Snow Leopard (10.6.8)
>>
>> Tom
>>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Group FAQ:
> <http://www.macsupportcentral.com/policies/>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

4a.

Re: Run Rosetta apps under Lion

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:01 pm (PDT)



Why are you guys even discussing this probable fraud?

First clue, ebay. Second, seller rating of 98, recent feedback 1 in the last 6 months, 4 more within the last 12 months, but the last feedback was 10 months ago and the one before that was in 2007.

He is selling instructions if you read the body of the listing.

Condition of the sale, no returns or exchanges.

But if you read the item specifics,
"Condition:
Like New: An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab

Platform: MacBrand: Apple/Parallels

He is selling a partition file for Parallels. In other words he is selling a modified version of two combined copyrighted softwares. If it were not sold it on ebay your might be able to get your money back, if it does not work, but you all must know how hard that is with ebay.

He is also trying to cover himself from lawsuits with "Use it at your own risk." "If you have any questions, ask them now." is a nice touch. It means, there will be no support, and if you are sued for copyright infringement, good luck finding him.

If you like to gamble, then I will give you better odds. I'll give you the same odds I give the guys I drink with and play video poker. Give me your money and then come see me in two weeks. I'll give you back half your money. Those are better odds than you will find anywhere else.

the grumpy old fart, the other Brent

On Mar 15, 2012, at 5:53 AM, Jon Kreisler wrote:

> If I read Apple's license agreement correctly, OS X 10.6.x workstation
> should be ok running in a VM, IF AND ONLY IF, the only copy of OS X 10.6.x
> is a single VM. If you have any other bootable disk with 10.6.x, you cannot
> run in a VM unless you purchase additional copies of 10.6.x. Does this
> sound right?
> Jon
>
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Jon Kreisler <jonkreisler@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As of version 4.1.1, the option to run Mac OS X10.6.x workstation was
> > removed from VMWare Fusion. If you can find a copy of version 4.1.0, it did
> > work. Apparently there is a licensing issue prior to OS X 10.7 workstation
> > running within a VM.
> > Jon
> >
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Harry Flaxman <harry.flaxman@me.com>wrote:
> >
> >> **
> >>
> >>
> >> On 3/14/2012 11:38 PM, DaveC wrote:
> >> > This guy claims that he's cracked the "nut":
> >> >
> >> > <
> >> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snow-Leopard-Rosetta-in-OS-X-Lion-/200727919116?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebc50fa0c
> >> >
> >>
> >> He is still running 10.6 in a virtual machine under Parallels. It would
> >> then be able to utilize Rosetta as the system is still running under
> >> 10.6 on the pc side.
> >>
> >> 10.6 can be run under Fusion as well as Parallels, to the best of my
> >> knowledge. I can't remember for sure, but I did put OS X of an earlier
> >> version than 10.7 up under Fusion.
> >>
> >> A lot to spend for a little work.
> >>
> >> Harry
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

5a.

Two Memory Questions

Posted by: "Roger Harris" skunktown@gmail.com   robo_booger

Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:52 pm (PDT)



2008 Macbook
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

1. Often upon arrival at a webpage, I immediately want to scroll down because the meat of the website is below the header/photo. When I try to scroll down I get the spinning beachball. Eventually, after every single item has loaded on the website, the beachball goes away and all is well. This happens almost all the time now and that was not the case when the computer was new. Do I need more memory?

2. Running Snow Leopard. Thinking of upgrading to Lion. I have ordered some more memory so that I can upgrade to the max (4GB). Is 4GB going to be enough, or am I going to be disappointed?

TIA, Roger

5b.

Re: Two Memory Questions

Posted by: "paul smith" kullervo@nycap.rr.com   waldonny

Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:10 pm (PDT)



The Safari beachball issue is not related to RAM. Try emptying Safari's cache. Also make sure you have a substantial amount of free hard drive space for the use of such space gobblers as virtual memory swapfiles.
I run Lion with 4 GB of RAM on a similar machine to yours. I am very happy with its performance.
--
PSmith
MacBook Pro, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM, OS 10.7.3 iPhone 4S 64 GB, iOS 5.1

On Mar 15, 2012, at 4:52 PM, Roger Harris wrote:

1. Often upon arrival at a webpage, I immediately want to scroll down because the meat of the website is below the header/photo. When I try to scroll down I get the spinning beachball. Eventually, after every single item has loaded on the website, the beachball goes away and all is well. This happens almost all the time now and that was not the case when the computer was new. Do I need more memory?

2. Running Snow Leopard. Thinking of upgrading to Lion. I have ordered some more memory so that I can upgrade to the max (4GB). Is 4GB going to be enough, or am I going to be disappointed?

5c.

Re: Two Memory Questions

Posted by: "HAL9000" jrswebhome@yahoo.com   jrswebhome

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:47 pm (PDT)



1. Possibly have slow server addresses, change them to faster DNS servers. Look in System Prefs/Network/DNS addresses. (Get free "namebench" and run it to test for faster servers, like faster web surfing)

and/or

2. get free Onyx and trash all cache files, including all browser cache, and font cache files.

and/or

3. Delete extensions you have added to Safari.

or

4. Open "Activity Monitor" and see what is using your cpu at the time a beachball appears.

jr

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Harris" <skunktown@...> wrote:
>
> 2008 Macbook
> Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
> Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
> Number Of Processors: 1
> Total Number Of Cores: 2
> L2 Cache: 3 MB
> Memory: 2 GB
> Bus Speed: 800 MHz
>
> 1. Often upon arrival at a webpage, I immediately want to scroll down because the meat of the website is below the header/photo. When I try to scroll down I get the spinning beachball. Eventually, after every single item has loaded on the website, the beachball goes away and all is well. This happens almost all the time now and that was not the case when the computer was new. Do I need more memory?
>
> 2. Running Snow Leopard. Thinking of upgrading to Lion. I have ordered some more memory so that I can upgrade to the max (4GB). Is 4GB going to be enough, or am I going to be disappointed?
>
> TIA, Roger
>

6a.

iPad Trade In Program from Apple

Posted by: "Denver Dan" denver.dan@verizon.net   denverdan22180

Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:07 pm (PDT)



Howdy.

Apple is offering a trade in program for the new iPad.

It looks like it could be as much as $205.00 USD for iPad 2 model (iPad
1 may not qualify) in the form of some kind of gift card.

The trade in program is only available in the United States at this
time.

Denver Dan

6b.

Re: iPad Trade In Program from Apple

Posted by: "jcs" gary74423@verizon.net   jcs19492002

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:58 pm (PDT)




Dan, try Ebay, you can get a much better price than what the trade in
program offers. I just saw an I Pad 1st gen. 32 gig going for over $
250.00 on Ebay. Janos

Denver Dan wrote:
>
> Howdy.
>
> Apple is offering a trade in program for the new iPad.
>
> It looks like it could be as much as $205.00 USD for iPad 2 model (iPad
> 1 may not qualify) in the form of some kind of gift card.
>
> The trade in program is only available in the United States at this
> time.
>
> Denver Dan
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

7.

AAPL On US Nat'l News

Posted by: "Harry Flaxman" harry.flaxman@me.com   hflaxman001

Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:39 pm (PDT)



Apple's stock today hit an all time high of $600 a share before
declining a bit, is being reported by the NBC National News.

Stock analysts are predicting $718 a share over 12 months.

Investors are now commonly referring to the market status being
determined by the 'Apple Effect'.

Amazing.

Harry

8a.

EarthLink email address is out of storage space

Posted by: "Louise Stewart" veggie236@earthlink.net   pudgybulldog

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:14 pm (PDT)



A couple of weeks ago I got a Mac Mini and a friend installed it for me and installed a KVM switch so I could switch back and forth between the Mini and my old G4 until I get all of my new Mini software. But since then I've gotten this message: EarthLink email address is out of storage space. I have email (the Mail that comes with the system) on both computers. Mail downloads all the time onto the Mini but not on the G4. I don't understand why, when it's downloaded to the Mini, it's not removed from the Earthlink site. But it's not, obviously, so then I have to switch to the G4 and go download all the same emails. Is there a way to prevent that without taking Mail off of the G4? And if I have to do that, how do I delete it?

Bear in mind I'm not the LEAST bit technical, so plz be really simple. A "for dummies" version.

Louise
8b.

Re: EarthLink email address is out of storage space

Posted by: "N.A. Nada" whodo678@comcast.net

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:33 pm (PDT)




On Mar 15, 2012, at 4:14 PM, Louise Stewart wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago I got a Mac Mini and a friend installed it for me and installed a KVM switch so I could switch back and forth between the Mini and my old G4 until I get all of my new Mini software. But since then I've gotten this message: EarthLink email address is out of storage space. I have email (the Mail that comes with the system) on both computers. Mail downloads all the time onto the Mini but not on the G4. I don't understand why, when it's downloaded to the Mini, it's not removed from the Earthlink site. But it's not, obviously, so then I have to switch to the G4 and go download all the same emails. Is there a way to prevent that without taking Mail off of the G4? And if I have to do that, how do I delete it?
>
> Bear in mind I'm not the LEAST bit technical, so plz be really simple. A "for dummies" version.

It has nothing to do with your two Macs. If I recall correctly, Earthlink is POP-type email. And you may not have the setting correct on your Macs, but the real issue is at Earthlink.

Go into your email settings and look at when your email is deleted from the servers. I would suggest something between 1 to 3 months. After that let it delete it, since you have a copy on your Macs.

If that is not it, call Earthstink Customer Support for assistance, just make sure you get into the Mac not Window queue while you wait.

Brent

9.

Lion and MS Office for mac 2008

Posted by: "hester reik" dhreik@gmail.com   drhester_06107

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 pm (PDT)



Hello Gurus,

Some people have asked me to let them know my experience loading and
installing MS Office 2008 onto a Mac running Lion. Our daughter has a MBP
2011 running Lion and needed MS Office. I had a 2008 copy of MSO, with a
3-user license. I was reading on the internet that the original version of
MSO 2008 (12.0.0) needed a workaround (
http://www.office.mvps.org/install/office2008_lion.html) but that other
later versions would be fine.

I couldn't find what version I had, but the 'cover' was different from the
original, so I was hopeful.

Neither my daughter nor myself are tech savvy. MSO 2008 installed without a
hitch.

hester

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

10a.

Lion, Safari and zooming

Posted by: "Barbara Adamski" adamski@telus.net   bkadamski

Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:25 pm (PDT)



Hi there.

I recently upgraded to Lion and so far I like it. I'm really confused about Safari, though. I keep accidentally zooming in. I don't know how I'm doing it, though, because it's always some unintentional mouse action that I can't seem to replicate when I do actually want to zoom in.

I've reviewed a couple of Apple's videos, but still can't seem to figure it out.

Any suggestions? I'm on an iMac and am using the magic mouse, or whatever it's called...

Barb
10b.

Re: Lion, Safari and zooming

Posted by: "Earle Jones" earle.jones@comcast.net   earlejones501

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:23 pm (PDT)




On Mar 15, 12, at 9:25 PM, Barbara Adamski wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I recently upgraded to Lion and so far I like it. I'm really confused about Safari, though. I keep accidentally zooming in. I don't know how I'm doing it, though, because it's always some unintentional mouse action that I can't seem to replicate when I do actually want to zoom in.
>
> I've reviewed a couple of Apple's videos, but still can't seem to figure it out.
>
> Any suggestions? I'm on an iMac and am using the magic mouse, or whatever it's called...
>
> Barb

*
Barb: That "zooming in" is very frustrating and it caught me in the middle of a presentation a few weeks ago.

It is caused by an inadvertent tapping of the mouse (or track pad). In system 10.7 "Lion" the new "gestures" feature is implemented. In many programs a small double tap on the mouse or track pad will cause the zoom in. Just double tap the mouse or track pad and it will zoom out again. Don't click the mouse, just a light touch double tap.

Not all programs are affected. For example, Mac Mail is not affected, but "Safari" and many others are.

Go to "System Preferences" and click on "Mouse" and then "More Gestures" to get a demo of this activity. You can turn it off if you like. If you use a trackpad, go to System Preferences and click on "TrackPad" for the same instructions.

Good luck!

earle
*
_______________________
Earle Jones 
501 Portola Road #8008
Portola Valley CA 94028
Home: 650-424-4362
Cell: 650-269-0035
earle.jones@comcast.net

10c.

Re: Lion, Safari and zooming

Posted by: "Barb Adamski" adamski@telus.net   bkadamski

Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:34 pm (PDT)



Thanks, Earle.

I'll look at the preferences tomorrow and play around with it. I don't dislike the feature, I just don't know how to use it properly.

Barb

Barbara K. Adamski
Sent from my iPad

On 2012-03-15, at 10:23 PM, Earle Jones <earle.jones@comcast.net> wrote:

>
> On Mar 15, 12, at 9:25 PM, Barbara Adamski wrote:
>
> > Hi there.
> >
> > I recently upgraded to Lion and so far I like it. I'm really confused about Safari, though. I keep accidentally zooming in. I don't know how I'm doing it, though, because it's always some unintentional mouse action that I can't seem to replicate when I do actually want to zoom in.
> >
> > I've reviewed a couple of Apple's videos, but still can't seem to figure it out.
> >
> > Any suggestions? I'm on an iMac and am using the magic mouse, or whatever it's called...
> >
> > Barb
>
> *
> Barb: That "zooming in" is very frustrating and it caught me in the middle of a presentation a few weeks ago.
>
> It is caused by an inadvertent tapping of the mouse (or track pad). In system 10.7 "Lion" the new "gestures" feature is implemented. In many programs a small double tap on the mouse or track pad will cause the zoom in. Just double tap the mouse or track pad and it will zoom out again. Don't click the mouse, just a light touch double tap.
>
> Not all programs are affected. For example, Mac Mail is not affected, but "Safari" and many others are.
>
> Go to "System Preferences" and click on "Mouse" and then "More Gestures" to get a demo of this activity. You can turn it off if you like. If you use a trackpad, go to System Preferences and click on "TrackPad" for the same instructions.
>
> Good luck!
>
> earle
> *
> _______________________
> Earle Jones 
> 501 Portola Road #8008
> Portola Valley CA 94028
> Home: 650-424-4362
> Cell: 650-269-0035
> earle.jones@comcast.net
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

11.

Lyrics on an iPhone 4 version 5.1

Posted by: "HAL9000" jrswebhome@yahoo.com   jrswebhome

Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:35 pm (PDT)



Has lyric access been removed from the iPhone 4 version 5.1 software? I used to be able to view song lyrics at one time, but I don't see them anymore. I have added lyrics to many songs through editing individual song files in iTunes Snow Leopard. Then sync to my iPhone from my computer. Do not want to go to the iCloud.

jr

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web