3/28/2012

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1244

Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)

1a.
Re: Getting video from YouTube From: Marcelo Rodríguez Claude
2a.
Re: syncing iPad to iTunes on PC - sort of! From: bj
2b.
Re: syncing iPad to iTunes on PC - sort of! From: Michelle Ress
3a.
pdf to mp3 From: James W. Meritt
3b.
Re: pdf to mp3 From: Bruce CS
3c.
Re: pdf to mp3 From: Robert C

Messages

1a.

Re: Getting video from YouTube

Posted by: "Marcelo Rodríguez Claude" marcelorc@gmail.com   bikerguy_ar

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:31 am (PDT)



I use Freemake Video Converter, It downloads videos from several sites,
including YouTube and converts them to many popular formats.
http://www.freemake.com/

Marcelo

El 12 de marzo de 2012 20:30, Jennifer Paterson <wa4cvv@yahoo.com> escribió:

> **
>
>
> Is there shareware that I can use to save the vids so I can view them on
> my iPod touch, or on my computer.
> Without watching on YouTube.
> Jennifer
>
> Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android
>
>
>
2a.

Re: syncing iPad to iTunes on PC - sort of!

Posted by: "bj" bjones44@verizon.net   jblair44

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 am (PDT)



I make extensive use of playlists for all my iDevices.

I do this for music, podcasts, audiobooks, videos, & so on --
anything I can.

But hardly any "smartlists" -- I just put what I want in a playlist of my
naming/making (and arrange in whatever order I want at the time) & it's
usually easier than making (& tweaking) rules for a smartlist, which I tried
out but couldn't get quite-right for what I wanted. If your rules are
*simple* they may work better for you.

I wouldn't mind being able to use playlists with apps, either, as I find the
apps-sync-choosing to be clunky at best.
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Benny
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 10:43 PM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [the_ipod_group] syncing iPad to iTunes on PC - sort of!

Michelle,
That sounds good. Having all the stuff you want to sync to the iPad in one
playlist makes sense. I haven’t used a “smart” playlist but I’ll check it
out.
Thanks a lot,

Gary

2b.

Re: syncing iPad to iTunes on PC - sort of!

Posted by: "Michelle Ress" safoocat@gmail.com   safoocat

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:03 am (PDT)



Gary,

Smart playlists are really nice. I have mine set up to sync the 100 songs
least recently played that are unrated.
That way I can hear my older music and rate it.
*All the best,
*
*Michelle ‹(•¿•)›
* * http://www.flickr.com/photos/safoocat

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Gary Benny <grbenny@comcast.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> Michelle,****
>
> ** **
>
> That sounds good. Having all the stuff you want to sync to the iPad in
> one playlist makes sense. I haven’t used a “smart” playlist but I’ll check
> it out.****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks a lot,****
>
> Gary****
>
> ** **
>
> *From:* the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:
> the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Michelle Ress
> *Sent:* Monday, March 26, 2012 7:13 PM
> *To:* the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
> *Subject:* Re: [the_ipod_group] syncing iPad to iTunes on PC - sort of!***
> *
>
> ** **
>
> ****
>
> Hi Gary,****
>
> ****
>
> I think you need to make a smart playlist that will put the music you want
> on your device then sync it.****
>
> That would be ****
>
> File****
>
> New smart play list****
>
> in itunes.
> ****
>
> *All the best,**
> *****
>
> *Michelle ‹(•¿•)› **
> * * http://www.flickr.com/photos/safoocat****
>
> ****
>
>
>
> ****
>
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Gary Benny <grbenny@comcast.net> wrote:**
> **
>
> ****
>
> Hi,****
>
> ****
>
> I sent an inquiry about this the other day, but no response yet. Maybe I
> didn’t word it very well so I’ll give it another shot. :-)****
>
> ****
>
> Does anyone know how to get a CD that was ripped into iTunes on a PC to an
> iPad, without syncing the whole library on the iPad? I have iTunes set to
> Manual, but I have been unable to figure out how to manually get this to
> happen! When I sync the two devices, music I have downloaded to the iPad
> shows up in iTunes on the PC. I don’t want that to happen in reverse
> because of the limited space on the iPad. ****
>
> ****
>
> Any ideas?****
>
> ****
>
> Thanks,****
>
> Gary****
>
> ** **
>
> ****
>
>
>
3a.

pdf to mp3

Posted by: "James W. Meritt" JWMeritt@AOL.COM   jwmeritt

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:16 pm (PDT)



Is there a tool to convert pdf files to mp3 files? I know acroread can go from pdf to audio, and the built in app-mike can go from audio to mp3, but I don't want the realtime restriction nor the background noise. I want to load the mp3s to my ipod and play the ipod on my car's entertainment system on the way to work.

James W. Meritt
CISSP, CISA, NSA IAM, PMP

3b.

Re: pdf to mp3

Posted by: "Bruce CS" brooklyn_ny99@yahoo.com   bruce_frm_bklyn

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:32 pm (PDT)



huh????

PDF is a graphic image. MP3 is sound.

Are you asking about a text to sound converter?

Bruce
----- Original Message -----
From: James W. Meritt
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:48 PM
Subject: [the_ipod_group] pdf to mp3

Is there a tool to convert pdf files to mp3 files? I know acroread can go from pdf to audio, and the built in app-mike can go from audio to mp3, but I don't want the realtime restriction nor the background noise. I want to load the mp3s to my ipod and play the ipod on my car's entertainment system on the way to work.

James W. Meritt
CISSP, CISA, NSA IAM, PMP

3c.

Re: pdf to mp3

Posted by: "Robert C" gone.to.dawgs@gmail.com   prince_rogue2001

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:04 pm (PDT)



Not quite true. Yes some pdf documents are indeed images that result
from scanning other documents. But a proper pdf (in my opinion) is text
and can be read by screen readers which ism, text to speech.

Quote of the nanosecond...
Look, Ma, no cavities!
--Crest
Robert & Dreamer Doll ke7nwn
E-mail-
Gone.to.Dawgs@gmail.com
Home Page-
http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/

On 3/27/2012 6:36 PM, Bruce CS wrote:
> huh????
> PDF is a graphic image. MP3 is sound.
> Are you asking about a text to sound converter?
> Bruce
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* James W. Meritt <mailto:JWMeritt@AOL.COM>
> *To:* the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com>
> *Sent:* Tuesday, March 27, 2012 5:48 PM
> *Subject:* [the_ipod_group] pdf to mp3
>
> Is there a tool to convert pdf files to mp3 files? I know acroread
> can go from pdf to audio, and the built in app-mike can go from
> audio to mp3, but I don't want the realtime restriction nor the
> background noise. I want to load the mp3s to my ipod and play the
> ipod on my car's entertainment system on the way to work.
>
> James W. Meritt
> CISSP, CISA, NSA IAM, PMP
>
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web