3/29/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 8815

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
Re: Photoshop CS6 in Public Beta From: Dick
2a.
Re: How do I get rid of a wireless mooch? From: Deborah Shanahan
3a.
Re: Question aout Lion From: Randy B. Singer

Messages

1a.

Re: Photoshop CS6 in Public Beta

Posted by: "Dick" ddarling3@cox.net   scuba_32000

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 pm (PDT)



CS6 Beta is running on my Mac Pro first gen. Couple of minor glitches but seems to work fine.

Dick

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, Denver Dan <denver.dan@...> wrote:
>
> Howdy.
>
> Adobe has release a public beta of Adobe Photoshop for the forthcoming
> Adobe Creative Suite CS6 release.
>
> News today that 500,000 downloads of the public beta have been made.
>
> A public beta is not usual behavior for Adobe new product releases.
>
> The equally important item about the Adobe Photoshop CS6 public beta is
> that it doesn't support 32-bit Mac systems. This means it won't run on
> 32-bit booting Macs and on Intel Core Duo first generation Macs (not
> Core 2 Duo, but Core Duo).
>
> I haven't heard yet whether Photoshop CS6 will run on a first
> generation MacPro system ID 1.1 Xeon Core 2 Duo Mac tower.
>
> Denver Dan
>

2a.

Re: How do I get rid of a wireless mooch?

Posted by: "Deborah Shanahan" debbys@verizon.net   debbyshanahan

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:57 pm (PDT)



Some people have senior moments. I have senior... Well, I won't even say.

Anyway, I entered an IP address for the router into my browser, chose
Verizon and up came all the stuff that I had seen when the router was
first installed. I had forgotten about it.

So first I checked my network and found all the family iMacs plus the
strange printer number. Then I poked around, went to advanced
security settings and found that I could change to wpa2. So I clicked
the button and a huge, 26 digit number came up. I clicked "apply" and
now we're as tight as Alcatraz. And we're happy that we don't have to
actually remember all those numbers and letters.

Thanks everybody.

Debby
==============

>2b. Re: How do I get rid of a wireless mooch?
> Posted by: "Otto Nikolaus" otto.nikolaus@googlemail.com nikyzf
> Date: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:06 am ((PDT))
>
>On 28 March 2012 00:55, Deborah Shanahan <debbys@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> To answer Otto, I see the address in my sidebar, under shared, along
>> with the addresses of the other computers in the house.
>>
>> I have a WEP password.
>>
>> I put the ip address into my browser, as suggested, and my hp2605
>> printer came up. But that's not the ip address that I usually use,
>> and it's the same printer I've had for years. Why the sudden change?
>> I turned it off and the number ip remains. Nonetheless, I feel more
>> secure now, knowing that it's my own printer and not an outsider.
>>
>> Thanks to all for their suggestions
>>
>
>Thanks, but see the replies recommending WPA or WPA2.
>
>How different is the IP address? Just the last digit, or more? Is it a
>local address (192.168.xxx.xxx)?
>
>Otto

3a.

Re: Question aout Lion

Posted by: "Randy B. Singer" randy@macattorney.com   randybrucesinger

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:52 pm (PDT)




On Mar 28, 2012, at 5:16 PM, circlekcamp wrote:

> I have a very old version of Quick Books 5Pro, will it operate on
> Lion if I upgrade?

If that's the same thing as QuickBooks Pro 2005, then no, it won't.
See:
http://roaringapps.com/app:4415

___________________________________________
Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
___________________________________________

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web