3/02/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 8769

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

1a.
Re: Mail, saving too many duplicates. From: fussyoldfart
2a.
Re: iMac not waking up From: Bob Stern
3a.
Re: Preview problems From: jayant m
3b.
Re: Preview problems From: Jim Saklad

Messages

1a.

Re: Mail, saving too many duplicates.

Posted by: "fussyoldfart" fussyoldfart@gmail.com   fussyoldfart

Thu Mar 1, 2012 7:15 am (PST)





I have just revisited Mail settings and realized that each account has to be configured separately (done now). Thanks for your help.

BTW - You log in to Gmail only once a week? I think I want to wean myself away from gmail but I'm finding it difficult.

Darrell

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, Denver Dan <denver.dan@...> wrote:
>
> Howdy.
>
> Apple's Mail program has a preference setting to save sent messages.
>
> See Mail > Preferences > Accounts > Mailbox Behaviors
>
> Check the Sent section for the check box.
>
> You may want to use your browser and login to your Google Gmail online,
> then check the gear symbol and settings and then Forwarding and
> POP/IMAP settings.
>
> I also login to Gmail online about once a week and just go through the
> Sent, Junk, and Trash folders and delete stuff manually. It's a good
> idea to check the junk filter actions in Gmail occasional and do it
> manually to be sure something isn't being junk tagged that you want to
> receive.
>
> Denver Dan
>
>
> On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:32:23 +0000, fussyoldfart wrote:
> > This seems a simple problem but I don't know how to solve it.
> >
> > I have my gmail set up to forward automatically to MAIL in OS X. As
> > a result I need to look only one place for my messages but - it seems
> > to save a version of each message I compose too often! I want only
> > the completed/sent message but I get another copy every couple of
> > lines or words if I am distracted while writing. I am then obliged
> > to go into MAIL and delete all but the last one.
> >
> > I don't know if this is a MAIL problem or if it is caused by gmail.
> > Does anyone else have this problem?
> >
> > Darrell McDonald
> >
> >
>

2a.

Re: iMac not waking up

Posted by: "Bob Stern" bobbystar@yahoo.com   bobbystar

Thu Mar 1, 2012 12:47 pm (PST)



Keeping the had drive running resolved the issue although I still don'r know what caused it.

thanks for all the responses.

Bobby

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Re: Preview problems

Posted by: "jayant m" jmurthy@yahoo.com   jmurthy

Thu Mar 1, 2012 9:40 pm (PST)



>
> I would not want to be shifting stuff in the Music folder, Library
> folder, or a few other folders, since that could cause problems for the
> applications that "know" of those locations.
>
> Denver Dan

I had the habit, from OS/2 days, of strictly organizing my folders, including programs, music and so on. After running into some gotchas, I decided to always use the system default and, where necessary, use aliases to organize my way.

Jayant

3b.

Re: Preview problems

Posted by: "Jim Saklad" jimdoc@me.com   jimdoc01

Thu Mar 1, 2012 10:17 pm (PST)



>> I would not want to be shifting stuff in the Music folder, Library folder, or a few other folders, since that could cause problems for the applications that "know" of those locations.
>> Denver Dan
>
> I had the habit, from OS/2 days, of strictly organizing my folders, including programs, music and so on. After running into some gotchas, I decided to always use the system default and, where necessary, use aliases to organize my way.
> Jayant

I was going to say, "I hesitate to point out the obvious..." but in fact I relish doing just that:

MacOS X is not OS/2.
Screwing around with the built-in file structure accomplishes what screwing around often does: getting all f***'d up.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web