8/14/2012

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1280

5 New Messages

Digest #1280

Messages

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:03 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"k0og" k0og

Greetings,

I'm new to the group, having just gotten a new iPod Touch. It's a great tool, and I'm very happy with it, but I'm also a cheapskate and for now sticking to free apps. I have not been able to find a free app to do simple SSH terminal work. It's hard to believe that there is no such free app. I have seen references to doing this by jailbreaking the iPod, but I don't want to go there just yet either.

Two questions:

1) Can anyone recommend a free SSH terminal app?

2) If there is none in the Apple store, why not?

I've seen a reference to a free app called "Touchterm" but it was apparently removed from the store. Why?

Thanks in advance.
-Joe-

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"wish54" iiwish54

Please help me -- what is an SSH terminal and how does it work on and
Ipod touch?
I am learningt the ipod touch but still learning so much
Thanks
wish

On 8/13/12 2:35 PM, k0og wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to the group, having just gotten a new iPod Touch. It's a
> great tool, and I'm very happy with it, but I'm also a cheapskate and
> for now sticking to free apps. I have not been able to find a free app
> to do simple SSH terminal work. It's hard to believe that there is no
> such free app. I have seen references to doing this by jailbreaking
> the iPod, but I don't want to go there just yet either.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Can anyone recommend a free SSH terminal app?
>
> 2) If there is none in the Apple store, why not?
>
> I've seen a reference to a free app called "Touchterm" but it was
> apparently removed from the store. Why?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -Joe-
>
>

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:23 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"James" jamesl33511

All of the reviews of the Nexus 7 tablet report that it's great for that
purpose. It's not an Ipod though...

Well built, quad 4 processor, 1 gb ram, 8 or 16 gb internal storage,
8-10 hours of battery life, built-in wi-fi and blue tooth, high
definition touch screen, Android Jelly Bean... Limits are no rear
camera and low resolution front camera and no SDHC or other additional
storage device port available. Limited apps available so far compared
to Apple.

James
.
.

>
> Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:28 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
>
>
> "mattpeterson447" mattpeterson447
> <mailto:mattpeterson447@yahoo.com?subject=Re%3A%20Hi%2C%20which%20ipod%20do%20you%20advise%20me%20watching%20videos%20%3F>
>
>
> hi,
>
> i would like which ipod can be perfect for watching videos and movies.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:27 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002

I think the iPod Touch would probably suit your needs best.

--ryan

Sent from my Apple Mac mini 

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM, mattpeterson447 <mattpeterson447@yahoo.com
> wrote:

> **
>
>
> hi,
>
> i would like which ipod can be perfect for watching videos and movies.
>
> thanks for your help.
>
>
>

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"ETM" etm1935

I love the Touch, I also use a no longer in
service iPhone as another Touch. Both connect to
my wifi and are wonderful to have when I am
reading in the recliner (Kindles or iPad) and
don't want to get up to bring down email at the
laptop (which is used as a "desktop"). I check
email and if it doesn't require answering (I
detest answering on small handhelds) I just let it
go by. If someone needs my attention I get up and
use the laptop.

I listen to audiobooks on the Touch/iPhone and
love them. I have two of my favorite movies on
them, movies I don't tire of and that I will watch
to lull me to sleep at night.

I have no problem recommending a Touch.

Elaine

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys
several times the same good things for the first
time. --Friedrich Nietzsche

Hello Ryan

On Monday, August 13, 2012, you wrote

> I think the iPod Touch would probably suit your needs best.

> --ryan

> Sent from my Apple Mac mini 

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM,
> mattpeterson447 <mattpeterson447@yahoo.com
>> wrote:

>> **
>>
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> i would like which ipod can be perfect for watching videos and movies.
>>
>> thanks for your help.
>>