6/09/2012

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 3025

Messages In This Digest (8 Messages)

1a.
Siri & finger editing From: Jim (Chicago)
1b.
Re: Siri & finger editing From: Sanjaya Kanoria
2a.
Yahoo mail From: Mike Rodgers
2b.
Re: Yahoo mail From: Robert Poland
2c.
Re: Yahoo mail From: Jim Saklad
3a.
Re: iPhone to Fly Model Plane 2 km From: Stephen
4.
All free: iPhone/iPod text messaging app with US real phone number. From: Patrick
5.
Re-Intalling Itunes From: dzulvika

Messages

1a.

Siri & finger editing

Posted by: "Jim (Chicago)" book_of_hezekiah_10_26@yahoo.com   book_of_hezekiah_10_26

Fri Jun 8, 2012 5:01 am (PDT)



Editing Siri-dictated text has its drawbacks. Maybe my technique is off--

Blue dots: When Siri's not sure of words, blue dots appear under them.  Usually touching that dotted brings up suggestions for other words. My problem is, sometimes touching dotted words does NOT bring options up. This especially happens if I've already tap-corrected one word in a paragraph--all other blue dot words will not yield those options.

Select All:  Sometimes when I double tap on or near text, Select All appears, sometimes not. Then I have to use Select and drag the "handles." Is there a surefire way to Select All?

Are there other tips, shortcuts, principles, or workarounds for this? Can I "train" Siri to understand common words--my name, for instance! It always messes my name up. (I'm in the contacts)

Sometimes I can say "all caps" and Siri will capitalize the next word. Other times, it records those words as text. Sometimes I'd like to use initial caps, such as a movie title or street address. Is there a way to ensure Siri does this?

Bryan

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: Siri & finger editing

Posted by: "Sanjaya Kanoria" wsbunter@gmail.com   zixxwr

Fri Jun 8, 2012 3:30 pm (PDT)



I'm delighted with Siri! The best things seem to be coming out of America! The only suggestion I seem to have is to hold the finger down on a word to get the options of select, select all and paste. A double tap isn't required.

On 08-Jun-2012, at 4:36 PM, "Jim \(Chicago\)" <book_of_hezekiah_10_26@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Editing Siri-dictated text has its drawbacks. Maybe my technique is off--
>
> Blue dots: When Siri's not sure of words, blue dots appear under them. Usually touching that dotted brings up suggestions for other words. My problem is, sometimes touching dotted words does NOT bring options up. This especially happens if I've already tap-corrected one word in a paragraph--all other blue dot words will not yield those options.
>
> Select All: Sometimes when I double tap on or near text, Select All appears, sometimes not. Then I have to use Select and drag the "handles." Is there a surefire way to Select All?
>
> Are there other tips, shortcuts, principles, or workarounds for this? Can I "train" Siri to understand common words--my name, for instance! It always messes my name up. (I'm in the contacts)
>
> Sometimes I can say "all caps" and Siri will capitalize the next word. Other times, it records those words as text. Sometimes I'd like to use initial caps, such as a movie title or street address. Is there a way to ensure Siri does this?
>
> Bryan
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2a.

Yahoo mail

Posted by: "Mike Rodgers" mikerodgerske5gbc@yahoo.com   mikerodgerske5gbc

Fri Jun 8, 2012 9:17 am (PDT)



My icon "mark as unread" has disappeared. Anyone know how to get it back?

Thanks,
Mike R

2b.

Re: Yahoo mail

Posted by: "Robert Poland" rpoland@usa.net   rpoland

Fri Jun 8, 2012 9:37 am (PDT)



On Jun 8, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Mike Rodgers wrote:

> My icon "mark as unread" has disappeared. Anyone know how to get it back?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike R

Go to View/Customize Toolbar.

Robert Poland - Fort Collins, CO

2c.

Re: Yahoo mail

Posted by: "Jim Saklad" jimdoc@me.com   jimdoc01

Fri Jun 8, 2012 10:23 am (PDT)



> My icon "mark as unread" has disappeared. Anyone know how to get it back?

On the right-hand end of the "From:" line is either "Hide" or "Details".
I suspect yours says "Details".
Tap on that.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

3a.

Re: iPhone to Fly Model Plane 2 km

Posted by: "Stephen" sjlane@adam.com.au   sjlanejan760

Fri Jun 8, 2012 10:59 am (PDT)



Stephen Lane wrote:
The only transmitters on a iPhone/iPad are Bluetooth, WiFi & the phone transmitter used to communicate with the Phone towers the only transmitter which has the power to reach 2km on its own is the Phone one however this is locked to phone/data use & can't really be repurposed to transmission to another device unless you install a phone (not nesc a iPhone it would have to be a GSM Modem for instance) in the plane & make a phone call to it to initiate comms & thus allow the control signals to flow(Motor Racing uses this method to cheaply arrange telemetry between Car & Pits currently)the Parrot AR Drone Quadcopter has an interface & I believe there is a SDK that might be able to be modified to use for a plane so there would be plenty of research & app writing to be done there. The Wifi in the actual iPhone/iPad is not strong enough on its own to reach 2km however if a HiPower Wifi repeater was used you might be able to transmit to a plane but the plane would have to have a big Wifi Tranmitter in it to to send signals back if you want the whole telemetry thing to happen. Bluetooth is not suited(data flow too slow for something as tricky as plane control & it is strictly small range best is 100m with special antenna setups) so I realise I havent answered the question strictly but I think from the quick google I have done there is no easy answer but plenty of interesting avenues to research.
Having said that if what you are really looking for is to be able to view the planes flight & control it by using a iPhone style interface there are some interesting options have a look at
http://www.himodel.com/FPV_Telemetry/CYCLOPS_EASY_OSD_FPV_System_W_GPS.html has an interesting youtube clip of the plane taking off & flying off thru a cloud then turning round & flying back all the while showing the elapsed time/battery state/GPS headings in relation to the take of point - very impressive

&
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=15128&aff=1416 for some VR Glasses to watch it all on

Regards
Stephen

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, railroads@... wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Can anyone help to locate a company that has an application and hardware for receiver, for a iPhone to control servos on a model plane up to 2 km away.
>
> Like this one (it only has 100m max transmission). I want up to 2km
>
> http://wirc.dension.com/
>
> Thankyou
>
> Charlie
>

4.

All free: iPhone/iPod text messaging app with US real phone number.

Posted by: "Patrick" pmw_email@yahoo.com   pmw_email

Fri Jun 8, 2012 3:30 pm (PDT)



Greetings to all,

a nice cool productivity app, http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textfree-is-now-pinger-text/id444741112?mt=8

if you have questions, check out http://pinger.zendesk.com/home

they are very responsive.

I just disabled my AT&T text messaging plan, and asked my friends to text messaging me via the phone number I selected from this app.

- Patrick

5.

Re-Intalling Itunes

Posted by: "dzulvika" dzulvika.alzair@gmail.com   dzulvikaalzair@rocketmail.com

Sat Jun 9, 2012 3:07 am (PDT)



Dear All
Now i'm using Iphone 3GS IOS 5.1.1 jailbroken untethered use absinthe.
Is it right if the new idevice must use new itunes, coz before i jailbroke my idevice, i already have itunes with old device. After sncy between idevice and itunes, all apps at my idevice doesn't exist in itunes.
Can everybody explain about that
many thanks for kind respon

Best Regards
Dzulvika

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

PC-to-PC calls

Call your friends

worldwide - free!

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Own a business?

Connect with others.

Dog Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about dogs.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web