6/23/2012

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1266

Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

1a.
Re: Reassigning an iPad From: Euel
1b.
Re: Reassigning an iPad From: Ryan Waldon
1c.
Re: Reassigning an iPad From: Euel
2.
DUPLICATES IN ITUNES From: James
3.
"Ghost" Videos From: n0utj

Messages

1a.

Re: Reassigning an iPad

Posted by: "Euel" euelr@sbcglobal.net   bellamajestad

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 am (PDT)



How easy!!  Now, do I reattach the this to my iTunes or to my daughter's iTunes?Thanks so much.Euel

--- On Thu, 6/21/12, Michael Harvey <michael.harvey0@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Michael Harvey <michael.harvey0@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] Reassigning an iPad
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 8:00 PM

 

Go to settings > General > Reset > tap Erase All Content and Setting.
once this is done, it will need to be connected to itunes to be reactivated. It will show the the "connect to iTunes" then once connected to iTunes, the setup with start. All data will have been erased. It will be just like a brand new iPad

1b.

Re: Reassigning an iPad

Posted by: "Ryan Waldon" ryanwaldon2002@gmail.com   ryanwaldon2002

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:04 am (PDT)



Either one will work. Your daughter's is probably best if that's where the
iPad will be "living"

--ryan

Sent from my Apple Mac mini 

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Euel <euelr@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> **
>
>
> How easy!! Now, do I reattach the this to my iTunes or to my daughter's
> iTunes?
> Thanks so much.
> Euel
>
> --- On *Thu, 6/21/12, Michael Harvey <michael.harvey0@gmail.com>* wrote:
>
>
> From: Michael Harvey <michael.harvey0@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] Reassigning an iPad
> To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 8:00 PM
>
>
>
>
> Go to settings > General > Reset > tap Erase All Content and Setting.
>
> once this is done, it will need to be connected to itunes to be
> reactivated. It will show the the "connect to iTunes" then once connected
> to iTunes, the setup with start. All data will have been erased. It will be
> just like a brand new iPad
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
1c.

Re: Reassigning an iPad

Posted by: "Euel" euelr@sbcglobal.net   bellamajestad

Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:27 am (PDT)



Thanks, Ryan.  The iPad will be "living"in Florida while I live in Texas.   So daughter's it is!Euel

--- On Fri, 6/22/12, Ryan Waldon <ryanwaldon2002@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Ryan Waldon <ryanwaldon2002@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] Reassigning an iPad
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 22, 2012, 12:03 PM

 

Either one will work. Your daughter's is probably best if that's where the iPad will be "living"

--ryan
.

2.

DUPLICATES IN ITUNES

Posted by: "James" res075oh@verizon.net   jamesl33511

Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 am (PDT)



I have an older click-wheel Ipod with a 30 GB hd on which I have several
thousand songs and I use it mostly for music or band practice. I just
once again went through the process of deleting all the duplicate songs
from Itunes. This occurred because I had to reinstall Itunes after an
OS problem [Win Vista Home Basic 64 bit].

The way I did it was to show duplicates and check each one to delete
it. All of my songs had at least one duplicate and most had a total of
4 copies; some had a dozen or so. I suppose that happened because I
probably told Itunes to find the music on my system; can't really
remember now. I have the original folder and then a backup folder on a
second hd that I installed. I also have it backed up to an external USB
hd and the music [or most of it] is on my laptop which is on our home
network.

I've asked this before: Is there an easier/quicker way to delete
duplicates? It appears that if I choose "all" to delete that the
originals will be deleted too. Is that wrong?

Further, how do I prevent Itunes from loading duplicates?

Thanks,
James

3.

"Ghost" Videos

Posted by: "n0utj" centralkansas@cox.net   n0utj

Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:30 am (PDT)





I recently tried to sync some new videos with my iPod G4 Touch. Somehow the sync failed to complete leaving only a "ghost" (my term) of the videos, light grey text, instead of black, and a grey/white picture in the video list. The video can not be opened/played or deleted.

Tried deleting all videos from iTunes and syncing again, but "ghosts" are still there.

Tried syncing the video files and now I have working video files and the "ghost" files too.

Any suggestions on deleting the "ghost" videos ?

thanks

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web