6/23/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 8961

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
special features of Mail? From: Louise Stewart
1b.
Re: special features of Mail? From: Ian Gillis

Messages

1a.

special features of Mail?

Posted by: "Louise Stewart" veggie236@earthlink.net   pudgybulldog

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:31 am (PDT)



I bought a Mac Mini maybe 3 mos ago and until then was using a G4. On the G4 I had OS 10.4.11 if I remember correctly, and was using the email program, Mail, that comes with OS 10. With the Mini I'm also using the version of Mail that comes with it. With the older version, I had more editing choices that I don't seem to have with the newer one, unless I just don't know how to access them. In the new version, I don't seem to have the option of using the mark through (putting one line thru a word to indicate it shouldn't be used), and seems there are also others which I can't remember right now.

Are these available and I just can't find them? They're not at the top of the email and I don't know where else they would be. I sometimes receive emails from my English students and they want me to correct errors and send back, so these mark throughs are very handy.

Louise

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: special features of Mail?

Posted by: "Ian Gillis" tessel.bas@gmail.com   ianjgillis

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:48 am (PDT)



On 23 June 2012 16:31, Louise Stewart <veggie236@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Are these available and I just can't find them?

Hi Louise,

Highlight the text to be struck-through, then go to "Fonts" and the
fonts window will open. There is a little icon with a "T" with a
strike-through; click that and you get the option of single, double or
color strike-through.

HTH,
Ian

--
 Ian Gillis
_______________________
Mac Mini 2010 OS 10.6.8
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
4GB RAM 500GB HD
Samsung Syncmaster 226BW
2 TB ext HD

iPad 1 16GB WiFi only iOS 5.1

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web