3/01/2013

[macsupport] Digest Number 9406

7 New Messages

Digest #9406

Messages

Fri Mar 1, 2013 12:57 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"N.A. Nada"

Very smart of you, BJ.

But not always an option for an apartment dweller like myself.

The two worst draws or power spike generators in a home are laser printer/copiers and old refrigerators. Don't know about the new ones, but probably still up there. When that refrigeration compressor kicks on, it creates a terrible spike. Most people don't have to worry, but if you are having problems with spikes, check the refrigerator.

It is more obvious with the laser printer/copiers, especially when the lights dim as you print.

Brent

On Feb 28, 2013, at 5:58 PM, bj wrote:

I use a surge protector-power-strip on the top shelf, plugged into a similar
thing on the bottom shelf. I've had various external drives & USB hubs
plugged into them as well as my router & DSL modem. Not that many, though,
as each can only hold about 4, maybe 5 plugs due to the various brick sizes
& shapes.

My printers have their own circuit -- I got that put in long ago when I got
my first laser printer, an HPLJII that needed 8 amps all by itself and no
way it could share a circuit with two regular rooms with lamps & radio &
phone-machine & occasional hair-dryer etc. It's been very handy over the
years having that extra plug (4-outlet-type) available for temporary use
from time to time, as well as for the TV & DVR that are now beside the
printers (one of which replaced a tank-type copier machine).
bj

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Fri Mar 1, 2013 12:59 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"N.A. Nada"

Send it in the smallest size possible.

On Mar 1, 2013, at 5:58 AM, gram2one wrote:

Basically whenever I click on a picture in iMessage it says loading forever. the
same image works fine if I save it first and open it on my camera roll. I've
tried resetting everything, any ideas on what to do?

Thank You,
Sharon

iPhone 4S
ios 6.1.2

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Fri Mar 1, 2013 3:52 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Sharon" gram2one

I'm receiving them, and I never had this problem before. It just started.

Sharon

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM, N.A. Nada whodo678@comcast.net> wrote:

> Send it in the smallest size possible.
>
> On Mar 1, 2013, at 5:58 AM, gram2one wrote:
>
> Basically whenever I click on a picture in iMessage it says loading
> forever. the
> same image works fine if I save it first and open it on my camera roll.
> I've
> tried resetting everything, any ideas on what to do?
>
> Thank You,
> Sharon
>
> iPhone 4S
> ios 6.1.2
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Group FAQ:
> http://www.macsupportcentral.com/policies/>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:03 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"N.A. Nada"

Go to the Apple Store, online or b&m, and buy the adapter. It is $29. Just bought a second one for traveling.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB572Z/B/mini-displayport-to-vga-adapter?fnode=53

Brent

On Mar 1, 2013, at 8:34 AM, halboye18 wrote:

My Epson projector has a VGA connection; however, my MacBook Pro does not. What converter do I need to connect a VGA connection to my MacBook Pro?

O am assuming that I connect sound separately ... Correct?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

hal
hal.horwitz@comcast.net

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:04 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Dane Robison"

Hi Hal,

The first thing you need to do is identify exactly what sort of video connector your MacBook Pro has (http://www.everymac.com is a good resource). Then it's a simple matter of buying an adapter. If your projector only has VGA, you'll need to do audio separately. If you're lucky enough to have an HDMI connection on your Epson, and a video port on your laptop that passes audio, you'll be in great shape and able to do it all with one adapter and one HDMI cable.

Dane

On Mar 1, 2013, at 11:34 AM, halboye18 wrote:

> My Epson projector has a VGA connection; however, my MacBook Pro does not. What converter do I need to connect a VGA connection to my MacBook Pro?
>
> O am assuming that I connect sound separately ... Correct?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice.
>
> hal
> hal.horwitz@comcast.net

Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:12 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"HAL9000" jrswebhome

A TV and a computer are different. You can't simply turn a computer on and sit back. If you can't understand what a computer needs, hire LOCAL in-home repair and service. Take computer classes if you want to learn how to use a computer.

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, Jane Klorer wrote:
>
> Was on a screen share with a senior advisor at iPhoto and had to put wood in my stove and he ended the session as I took too long! I am disabled from 3 major strokes from a GI bleed from Lyme disease! Thus was not fast enough when Apple puts me on hold for a lot longer as this 27 inch iMac is ever worse than my other 2 ! The second was replaced as the apps kept crashing and Apple could not fix it! Thus it was replaced with this gem! Sorry for negativity but not happy with that last person!!! Never had someone so egocentric and annoying! Now, they are saying they will take it in to check it out! I am hoping it can be fixed or replaced as I even asked another person at Applecare if Apple would buy it back so I could get a new lighter iMac!!! They were very nice and said since you have Applecare on this to wait and let them try to fix it!
>
> Have a 20 inch iMac mid 2007, had 2 other 27 inch iMacs and now have this one and an iPad as well as an iPod touch and iPod nano! Thought about buying an iPhone but will wait for now anyway! :>-((( TY JK
>

Fri Mar 1, 2013 2:39 pm (PST) . Posted by:

"Jim Saklad" jimdoc01

> Something must have changed in the most recent Mountain Lion update - I've developed a recurring problem that's got me thinking seriously about downgrading back to 10.7.
>
> I'm on a 3.2 GHz quadcore Intel Xeon system, with 16 GB of RAM, and since the last update a process called "Mingler" (which is part of sync services) has started eating RAM. I'll have 10 GB of free RAM, and Mingler will start up and gradually consume all the free RAM until I get the "You're out of system memory, you must force quite an application" message. The only two fixes are to either reboot, or to force quit Mingler and reset sync services. It appears to be getting more and more frequent, too; used to it'd happen about once a week, then pretty much once a day, and now I go away for an hour and comeback to the "Out of system memory" message.
>
> Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

It sounds as if "Mingler", whatever that is, is not ready for prime-time.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE