9/25/2013

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1403

2 New Messages

Digest #1403
1a
Re: No Joy!!! by "Rebecca R" sierraflowr
1b
Re: No Joy!!! by "Michelle Ress" safoocat

Messages

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:35 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Rebecca R" sierraflowr

ok how does THAT make sense? Do you not buy anything made it China?
Rebecca

"Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself
completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved
person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is
also of little love."

-Erich Fromm

On Sep 23, 2013, at 6:24 PM, Michelle Ress wrote:

>
> I just looked at the label on my Samsung soundbar and it says
> assembled in China, have you checked where your Samsung product was
> assembled?
>
> I spent quite a bit of time researching an upgrade to my iphone 3g

> and yestereday bought an iphone 4s on ebay. I feel if you buy used
> it doesn't matter where it was made.
> Michelle
>
>
> Michelle Ress
> http://www.ipernity.com/home/289359
>
>
> On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM, <phlame1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> Get a Samsung....besides not being made in China they are superior
> to anything Apple, including their update policies, likes to
> control anything you can do on their product...Samsung Droid or
> Microsoft lets you do a lot more that you want to do....if you
> understand what I mean. I guess I mean that Apple likes to control
> you.
>
>
>
> I have a Samsung phone and it is phenomenal! I also have a Samsung
> tablet which is much better than an ipad in my opinion.
>
>
> --- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com,
> <the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
> Depends on your goal. If it's to get not-made-in-China, go with
> something
> made somewhere else.
>
>
> If it's to stay with your current ecosystem, either stay with your
> current
> device (i.e. don't put any more money into China-made) or just
> ignore where
> it's made and get a new iDevice.
>
>
> Only you can decide on (a) the technical needs/question & (b) the
> political
> issue.
> bj
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Michelle Ress
> Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:21 PM
> To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] No Joy!!!
>
>
> I'm thinking of selling my original ipod touch to a friend; can folks
> suggest what to replace it with? Should I stick with ipod or look at
> a smartphone or tablet?
>
>
> One reason I am thinking of switching from Apple is they're made in
> China.
> Samsung is made in S. Korea and HTC is made in Taiwan. They are our
> friends.
> I don't think China is.
>
>
> Michelle
>
>
>
>

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:37 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Michelle Ress" safoocat

It's nearly impossible not to buy things made in China but it's easy
to buy used and I don't think buying from ebay or used on amazon
or from craiglist helps China, do you?

*Michelle Ress
http://www.ipernity.com/home/289359

*

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Rebecca R <sierraflowr@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> ok how does THAT make sense? Do you not buy anything made it China?
> Rebecca
>
> "Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself
> completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person.
> Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little
> love."
>
> -Erich Fromm
>
> On Sep 23, 2013, at 6:24 PM, Michelle Ress wrote:
>
>
>
> I just looked at the label on my Samsung soundbar and it says assembled in
> China, have you checked where your Samsung product was assembled?
>
> I spent quite a bit of time researching an upgrade to my iphone 3g and
> yestereday bought an iphone 4s on ebay. I feel if you buy used it doesn't
> matter where it was made.
> Michelle
>
>
> *Michelle Ress
> http://www.ipernity.com/home/289359
> *
>
>
> On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM, <phlame1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>>
>>
>> Get a Samsung....besides not being made in China they are superior to
>> anything Apple, including their update policies, likes to control anything
>> you can do on their product...Samsung Droid or Microsoft lets you do a lot
>> more that you want to do....if you understand what I mean. I guess I
>> mean that Apple likes to control you.
>>
>>
>> I have a Samsung phone and it is phenomenal! I also have a Samsung
>> tablet which is much better than an ipad in my opinion.
>>
>>
>> --- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, <the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Depends on your goal. If it's to get not-made-in-China, go with something
>> made somewhere else.
>>
>>
>> If it's to stay with your current ecosystem, either stay with your
>> current
>> device (i.e. don't put any more money into China-made) or just ignore
>> where
>> it's made and get a new iDevice.
>>
>>
>> Only you can decide on (a) the technical needs/question & (b) the
>> political
>> issue.
>> bj
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Michelle Ress
>> Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:21 PM
>> To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
>> Subject: Re: [the_ipod_group] No Joy!!!
>>
>>
>> I'm thinking of selling my original ipod touch to a friend; can folks
>> suggest what to replace it with? Should I stick with ipod or look at
>> a smartphone or tablet?
>>
>>
>> One reason I am thinking of switching from Apple is they're made in
>> China.
>> Samsung is made in S. Korea and HTC is made in Taiwan. They are our
>> friends.
>> I don't think China is.
>>
>>
>> Michelle
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
We are making changes based on your feedback, Thank you !
The Yahoo! Groups Product Blog