7/24/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 9020

3 New Messages

Digest #9020
1a
Re: Calendar sync issues by "LarryW" lweissman_2000
2a
Re: web page video auto play by "Denver Dan" denverdan22180
3
Java on iPad by "Denver Dan" denverdan22180

Messages

Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:46 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"LarryW" lweissman_2000

Actually, I was able to solve the problem. It turns out it was a contacts/iCloud issue, not a birthday calendar issue. The solution was to disable Contacts on iCloud through system preferences on my computer. Then I deleted the contacts info file on my phone in the settings area. Then I added everything back in and Voila - everything was ok on my phone. Apparently it was a syncing glitch with iCloud.

--- In macsupportcentral@yahoogroups.com, Chris Jones <jonesc@...> wrote:
>
>
> Just a thought, but could you maybe be looking on your phone at the
> *reminder* for the birthdays, and not the birthdays themselves, and you
> have it set to send you a reminder 24hours before hand ... ?
>
> On 21/07/12 22:31, Larry Weissman wrote:
> > It's the day that's the issue, not the year. I did a lot of googling
> > and no one seems to have the fix - or at least I couldn't find one.
> >
> > The birthday calendar is picked up from filling out the birthday field
> > in Contacts. All the birthdays show up correctly on my iPad, MacBook,
> > iMac, and my wife's iPhone. It's the calendar app on my iPhone that
> > shows birthdays as happening one day earlier than the actual day
> > should be.
> >
> > Hope that clarifies it.
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Group FAQ:
> > <http://www.macsupportcentral.com/policies/>
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:16 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Denver Dan" denverdan22180

Howdy.

This can depend on which browser you are using.

I normally use SeaMonkey (from Mozilla) and in SeaMonkey's Preferences,
in Helper Applications, there is a list of helper program like Flash
Video. Next to each Helper app is an Action popup menu and one of the
choices is "Always Ask" and this can mean Flash videos won't start
playing automatically.

For Safari, you can open System Preferences > Flash Player and take a
look at the several tabs like Storage, Camera and Mic, Playback, and
Advanced.

Some of these are to control Flash features such as storing files on
your hard drive.

In Safari, when you have a Flash video playing you can do a Right Click
(Control left click) on the video and see a menu of various settings
that you can control.

I've looked and don't see any way to disable auto play for Flash Player
videos in Safari. Perhaps a group member has a suggestion for Safari
or perhaps a Safari extension that might do this.

Google's Chrome, I think, has some kind of extension that lets you
disable auto play of Flash video content.

Denver Dan

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 00:02:03 +0000, bobbystar wrote:
> Is there a way to keep videos from automatically playing when I go to
> some web pages? I find it quite annoying, especially if my volume is
> up.
>
> One web site that I now try to avoid would have three videos playing
> at the same time.
>
> TIA,
>
> Bobby

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:06 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Denver Dan" denverdan22180

Howdy.

Are there apps for iPad that will allow the iPad Safari browser to access a business web site that requires JavaSE?

Denver Dan

[|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|][|]

iSent from iDan's iPad
GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE