12/20/2011

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2831

Messages In This Digest (8 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Wifi printing from iPhone

Posted by: "Devitt" devittad@comcast.net   devittad

Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:02 am (PST)



You're welcome! Glad I could help.

> Cathy, thanks for the link & your help!
>
> LeAnn

2a.

iTunes confuses music

Posted by: "Rasputin Novgorod" priapulus@yahoo.com   priapulus

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:17 am (PST)



I have a large mp3 collection, of which iTunes software on my
Win7 machine is aware; and shares with my iPhone 4s.

Recently, I've been refining my music, organizing it into
directories and albums, and correcting the spelling, tags and
covers. This has baffled iTunes, that can no longer find things.

How can I "reset" the music on iTunes? With Win7 Media
player, I can simply delete the music library location. After
MPlayer flushes out it's database, I add the same location again.

Sincerely
/b

2b.

Re: iTunes confuses music

Posted by: "Otto Nikolaus" otto.nikolaus@googlemail.com   nikyzf

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:28 am (PST)



So you've "refined" your music *outside* of iTunes (using Windows Explorer,
probably)?

This is a classic mistake. iTunes knew where the folders and files were but
as you've changed them the links to them in the iTunes Library file
(database) are broken.

The simple solution is to delete all entries in iTunes, but *not* the
files, then put them back in using File > Add to Library.

To avoid this problem in future make changes such as spelling, tags, etc.,
using Get Info in iTunes.

By default iTunes uses an Artist > Album > Song folder hierarchy. How is
this different to your system?

Otto

On 19 December 2011 16:15, Rasputin Novgorod <priapulus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a large mp3 collection, of which iTunes software on my
> Win7 machine is aware; and shares with my iPhone 4s.
>
> Recently, I've been refining my music, organizing it into
> directories and albums, and correcting the spelling, tags and
> covers. This has baffled iTunes, that can no longer find things.
>
> How can I "reset" the music on iTunes? With Win7 Media
> player, I can simply delete the music library location. After
> MPlayer flushes out it's database, I add the same location again.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3.

iTunes does not recognize all my tunes. Windows does.

Posted by: "Rusty" rva410@yahoo.com   rva410

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:22 pm (PST)



I have about 800 tunes on my PC's hard drive. When I upgraded my
computer I moved them over from the old hard drive. iTunes says I have
100 and that is all that it loaded onto my iPhone. Thinking I must have
missed something in the backup, I loaded them again from the old hard
drive.

Then I opened Windows Media and Windows explorer. I have now 800 tunes
duplicated, 1600 total.

How can I get iTunes to recognize them then load them onto my iPhone via
iCloud.

RVA - Maryland

4a.

Re: iTunes doesn't recognize phone, sort of

Posted by: "KJ9B" kbandy@iatse30.org   kbandy

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:20 pm (PST)



Update on my problem: I did as iTunes wanted, and set the phone up as "new", and it immediately saw the phone, with all of the data intact. I don't know what the deal was, but it was very frustrating!

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help.

Ken

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, Ken Bandy <kbandy@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, Rich, but that was my first attempt.
>
> Ken
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 18, 2011, at 14:32, Richard Raiff <richraiff@...> wrote:
>
> > Did you try a cold shutdown and boot of the iPhone?
> >
> > Rich Raiff

4b.

Re: iTunes doesn't recognize phone, sort of

Posted by: "whiterabbit32" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:45 am (PST)



I'm glad everything worked out for you. I am leery of setting my iPhone up as a new one when I've got it set up just the way I want it already. I'm afraid of having to reinstall all my apps and get things back to the way I want them. Just me, I guess.

Alice

Sent from my iPad 2

On Dec 19, 2011, at 6:17 PM, "KJ9B" <kbandy@iatse30.org> wrote:

> Update on my problem: I did as iTunes wanted, and set the phone up as "new", and it immediately saw the phone, with all of the data intact. I don't know what the deal was, but it was very frustrating!
>
> Thanks to all for the suggestions and help.
>
> Ken
>
> --- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, Ken Bandy <kbandy@...> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion, Rich, but that was my first attempt.
> >
> > Ken
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On Dec 18, 2011, at 14:32, Richard Raiff <richraiff@...> wrote:
> >
> > > Did you try a cold shutdown and boot of the iPhone?
> > >
> > > Rich Raiff
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

5.

Calendar category limits?

Posted by: "T L" techlady04@yahoo.com   techlady04

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:46 pm (PST)



I have 16 categories in my calendar. Previously, I synced with no issues. 

Now, if I add items on the iPhone 4, it will not sync unless I change the category to none or home. I can go from calendar to iPhone with no category issues, just from iPhone to calendar.

Once synced from phone to calendar, I can change the category to what I want but that does get tedious!

The only changes I've made are upgrading iTunes and the phone's iOS. I'm running a mac system. Yes, I've restarted iTunes and the phone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
TL

6a.

Spam

Posted by: "whiterabbit32" whiterabbit32@gmail.com   lwr0032

Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:43 am (PST)



Boy, the spam I've been getting. It's all "you've got a message, click this link" or something similar. I've checked the email addy they're being sent from and they're all from addys with yahoo.com. I got rid of all the hotmail spam just by blocking hotmail from my gmail account. I noticed since participating quite a bit more in my yahoogroups, the spam has started. I can't say that it's because I send messages to my yahoogroups more these days but it sure is a coincidence.

Anyone else having this problem? Also, I don't remember if there was an answer to this question or not but is there a way to mark email as junk mail on the iPad or iPhone? or do I have to do it via my iMac?

Alice

Sent from my iPad 2
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Cat Zone

Connect w/ others

who love cats.

Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.