12/27/2011

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2840

Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

1a.
Re: Camera question From: Mark Sanford Geiger
1b.
Re: Camera question From: Brent
1c.
Re: Camera question From: Ron Little
2a.
Re: Calendar App From: Sanjaya Kanoria
3a.
Re: Anyone using OverDrive with iOS5? From: Chris Laarman

Messages

1a.

Re: Camera question

Posted by: "Mark Sanford Geiger" geiger4@gmail.com   mgmarx19

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:04 pm (PST)



Thank you for the info. I have been reluctant to go to ios5.

Sent from my iPhone
Mark Sanford Geiger

On Dec 26, 2011, at 4:20 PM, "Rodrigo" <yid_grps@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hello
>
> On the new iOS 5 you can use the volume buttons to take pictures. For those who have this firmware on iPhone 4 or an iPhone 4S I would like to know if the pictures come upside down when you view them on a windows pc?
>
> I ask because I have an app (camera+) that allows me to use the volume buttons to take pictures and I´m on iOS 4.3.3 and all the pictures and movies come upside down. But if I want pictures to come up right I have to flip the phone and use my left thumb to take pictures.
>
> The funny part is when I use quicktime to view the movies, it shows them the right way, but when I copy the movie to the pc for editing, it comes upside down.
>
> So in another words, whenever you take a picture/movie using iphone 4, on iOS 4.3.3 at least, in landscape mode, you must keep the home button to the right otherwise all your pictures and movies will come out upside down.
>
> Has anyone experienced that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rod
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: Camera question

Posted by: "Brent" flapdoodle@gmail.com   flapdoodle44

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:16 pm (PST)



Rod, I just took a photo with Camera+ and opened with Windows 7. It was not
upside down. I have a 4s with iOS 5.0.1.

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Mark Sanford Geiger <geiger4@gmail.com>wrote:

> **
>
>
> Thank you for the info. I have been reluctant to go to ios5.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> Mark Sanford Geiger
>
>
> On Dec 26, 2011, at 4:20 PM, "Rodrigo" <yid_grps@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > On the new iOS 5 you can use the volume buttons to take pictures. For
> those who have this firmware on iPhone 4 or an iPhone 4S I would like to
> know if the pictures come upside down when you view them on a windows pc?
> >
> > I ask because I have an app (camera+) that allows me to use the volume
> buttons to take pictures and I�m on iOS 4.3.3 and all the pictures and
> movies come upside down. But if I want pictures to come up right I have to
> flip the phone and use my left thumb to take pictures.
> >
> > The funny part is when I use quicktime to view the movies, it shows them
> the right way, but when I copy the movie to the pc for editing, it comes
> upside down.
> >
> > So in another words, whenever you take a picture/movie using iphone 4,
> on iOS 4.3.3 at least, in landscape mode, you must keep the home button to
> the right otherwise all your pictures and movies will come out upside down.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced that?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Rod
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1c.

Re: Camera question

Posted by: "Ron Little" Ron@91710.com   ron_little2003

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:00 pm (PST)



I had a similar experience. Some viewers on the PC are righ-side-up and others are upside-down. Also if emailing from the phone I never know which way it will turn out. I hope this is fixed soon. "UP" should always be "UP".

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, "Rodrigo" <yid_grps@...> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> On the new iOS 5 you can use the volume buttons to take pictures. For those who have this firmware on iPhone 4 or an iPhone 4S I would like to know if the pictures come upside down when you view them on a windows pc?
>
> I ask because I have an app (camera+) that allows me to use the volume buttons to take pictures and I´m on iOS 4.3.3 and all the pictures and movies come upside down. But if I want pictures to come up right I have to flip the phone and use my left thumb to take pictures.
>
> The funny part is when I use quicktime to view the movies, it shows them the right way, but when I copy the movie to the pc for editing, it comes upside down.
>
> So in another words, whenever you take a picture/movie using iphone 4, on iOS 4.3.3 at least, in landscape mode, you must keep the home button to the right otherwise all your pictures and movies will come out upside down.
>
> Has anyone experienced that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rod
>

2a.

Re: Calendar App

Posted by: "Sanjaya Kanoria" wsbunter@gmail.com   zixxwr

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:11 pm (PST)



Try pocket informant

On 27-Dec-2011, at 6:53 AM, Richard Bauer <rk911@yahoo.com> wrote:

> we travel 6-mos a year in our motorhome. all of our bills are set to auto-pay so we never have to remember when they're due or write a check. we get a 'bill' via e-mail 10-20 days ahead of the actual auto-debit which allows me to enter the payment into our check register.
>
> __________________________________
> Don't have an app that does as you ask, but we use an online bank. When
> the bill comes in, go to the bank and setup payment for the date we want
> sent. Goes out automatic by mail. Have some large company bills set up
> so the electronic bill comes to the online bank. Can view the bill
> online from the bank. Two clicks and the amount and pay date are
> selected. For these companies the bank doesn't mail but sends
> electronically.
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Re: Anyone using OverDrive with iOS5?

Posted by: "Chris Laarman" v.c.laarman@gmail.com   chrislaarman

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:59 pm (PST)



"Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> on Tue, 27 Dec 2011 00:44:18 -0000:

>I have to use OverDrive to download library audio books to my 3GS (my 4S is in the mail) and have been having lots of problems since iOS5 came out. OverDrive is blaming Apple. Does anyone have a cure?
>
>Thanks in advance... Bob

Searching for "OverDrive iOS5" returns 164,000 results.

You may benefit from this one:
<http://www.wccls.org/library2gohelp/ios-5-and-transferring> and the
link to a second page.

--
Chris Laarman
(iPad, no iPhone, no OverDrive)

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Share experiences

with owners like you

Y! Messenger

Group get-together

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.