12/23/2011

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2834

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: How can I add downloaded books to iBooks?

Posted by: "Karen" karen4191@comcast.net   karenhorvath

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:58 am (PST)



Email to yourself. When you open attachment on device, it will ask if you want to open in iBooks.

Sent from my iPad

2a.

Re: iPhone discharging

Posted by: "Scott Morton" tgt002@yahoo.ca   tgt002

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:00 pm (PST)



Thanks

________________________________
From: Alvin Auerbach <Alvin.Auerbach@verizon.net>
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:38:41 PM
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] iPhone discharging

The old fashioned way to track it down is to delete all of your (delete-able) apps (your backup computer or iCloud should retain them), then see what happens. If the battery still drains rapidly, then you have a warranty issue with Apple. If it no longer drains rapidly, then it's your apps. Replace half of them, and if the battery drains rapidly, remove half of them, etc. (You probably get the idea).

Alvin

On Dec 20, 2011, at 4:04 PM, carolt62 wrote:

> I have had an iPhone 3GS for a little over two years. About a month ago it started discharging really fast, even when I wasn't using it. Assuming that I had possibly downloaded an app that was constantly searching for something, I deleted many of the apps I had recently dl'd. It made no difference. So, after having been told by an AT&T rep in the AT&T store that I probably needed a new battery after two plus years of heavy use, I decided that there was no point in spending $85 for a battery when for $199 I could get a new 4S iPhone.
>
> I did! It came yesterday and I synced it with iCloud. Today it is doing the same thing - discharging fast even when not being used (although not quite as fast as the old one).
>
> My question: Is there any way to check what is running in the background that might be draining the battery? Or is there a list of apps that drain the battery rapidly?
>
> There is no music playing and my GPS isn't searching - two of the ones that would drain it.
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Re: Still don't understand iCloud

Posted by: "Scott Morton" tgt002@yahoo.ca   tgt002

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:00 pm (PST)



Thanks

________________________________
From: Andrew O'Brien <k3ukandy@gmail.com>
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:18:51 PM
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] Still don't understand iCloud


 
> COUNTED against those 5 GB:
> Your mail, documents, Camera Roll, account information, settings, and
> other app data

So, can you actually see Camera Roll on iCloud? If we store it there,
shouldn't we be able to examine it? With the 4.9 I am apparently using, I have two short emails, zero documents. So the rest must be photographs and videos.

Andy

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

4a.

Re: Trying to call over internet

Posted by: "Scott Morton" tgt002@yahoo.ca   tgt002

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:00 pm (PST)



Thanks

________________________________
From: bas6231 <bas6231@yahoo.com>
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 11:09:00 AM
Subject: [apple-iphone] Trying to call over internet


 
I have an iPhone 4s that is connecting thru my my wireless connection.
I have Verizon service and my son has the exact same phone thru AT&T service. He is able to connect with his wife thru his wireless connection from Afghanistan to Florida and she can do the same. For some reason, I am unable to connect w/him. His number will ring, and then finally a message will say that the number is incorrect. I live in PA and am dialing this number as if it was long distance. I guess I am doing something wrong because I seem to be the only one that can't connect w/him. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Messenger

All together now

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Mental Health

Learn More

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

Own a business?

Connect with others.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.