12/21/2011

[the_ipod_group] Digest Number 1184

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: Bearshare

Posted by: "Jim" JWMeritt@AOL.COM   jwmeritt

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:53 am (PST)



I was wondering that. Why go out of one's way when an app that he probably has does fine?

--- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, "bj" <bjones44@...> wrote:
>
> iTunes will rip CDs right into its library.
> Why not use that?
> bj
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: GI4VIV at Hotmail
> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 7:33 AM
> To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [the_ipod_group] Bearshare
>
> You might want to use the program which is free at this site
> http://www.eusing.com/CDRipper/CDRipper.htm,
>
> I use it to convert CDs to MP3 when I add them to my Ipod touch or if you
> want to go a stage further. http://www.avs4you.com
>

2a.

Re: Want to set timer for iPod to go off after an hour or so of list

Posted by: "bj" bjones44@verizon.net   jblair44

Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 am (PST)



When I play a particular Playlist on my iTouch the device shuts itself off
when it finishes all the selections, even in shuffle mode. Could you maybe
set up the right sounds for something like this?
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: JoyceK
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:03 AM
To: the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [the_ipod_group] Re: Want to set timer for iPod to go off after an
hour or so of listening

I found the slider in the Sleep Streamer 2 app that lets me adjust how long
it will run before stopping so that problem is solved. But I still have the
problem of wanting to let the Touch go to sleep by itself after listening to
music. I would have thought that setting the clock timer for a given amount
of time, then selecting "sleep iPod" when the timer ends would do it but it
isn't working. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Joyce Keay

--- In the_ipod_group@yahoogroups.com, "JoyceK" <joycekeay@...> wrote:
>
> Hi I just bought an application called Sleep Streamer 2 which has a lot of
> ambient sounds. I have tinnitus (ringing in the ears) so I would like to
> play these sounds when I go to bed and have the touch turn off after maybe
> 45 minutes. I have the iPod set up in a dock/speaker. I set the clock
> timer to a given amount of minutes, hit "set" and "sleep iPod when timer
> ends' and go to the application and choose the sound I want to listen to.
> The problem is the iPod isn't turning off at the time set on the clock.
> There must be some little thing that I'm not doing or something in
> Settings that needs adjusting. The same thing happens when I choose to
> listen to music.
>
> Any ideas out there?
>
> Thanks. Joyce Keay
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.