12/22/2011

[apple-iphone] Digest Number 2833

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: iPhone discharging

Posted by: "Rodrigo" yid_grps@yahoo.com.br   yid_grps

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:56 am (PST)




Hi

I don´t have a 4S and probabily never will but searching the net I found this that might help you:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/oct/29/iphone-4s-battery-location-services-bug

Rod

----- Original Message -----
From: Clark Martin
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:43 AM
Subject: Re: [apple-iphone] iPhone discharging

On Dec 20, 2011, at 1:04 PM, carolt62 wrote:

> I have had an iPhone 3GS for a little over two years. About a month ago it started discharging really fast, even when I wasn't using it. Assuming that I had possibly downloaded an app that was constantly searching for something, I deleted many of the apps I had recently dl'd. It made no difference. So, after having been told by an AT&T rep in the AT&T store that I probably needed a new battery after two plus years of heavy use, I decided that there was no point in spending $85 for a battery when for $199 I could get a new 4S iPhone.
>
> I did! It came yesterday and I synced it with iCloud. Today it is doing the same thing - discharging fast even when not being used (although not quite as fast as the old one).
>
> My question: Is there any way to check what is running in the background that might be draining the battery? Or is there a list of apps that drain the battery rapidly?
>
> There is no music playing and my GPS isn't searching - two of the ones that would drain it.

At the home screen double click the home button. This brings up the list (at the bottom of currently running apps. Press and hold one of them until the "Don't" symbol (red disk with white line) appears in the upper left corner of each app. Press the "Don't" symbol for each item until they are all gone. This quits the application. Now see how the battery fares. Don't launch any apps for the duration of the test.

If the battery stops discharging rapidly then you can try loading some apps to see if you can identify a problematic app.

Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA
Macintosh / Internet Consulting

"I'm a designated driver on the Information Super Highway"

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2.

How can I add downloaded books to iBooks?

Posted by: "hverne" hverne@yahoo.com   hverne

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 am (PST)



Using iTunes (on Windows) I used to be able to copy books to/from iBooks (iPhone/File Sharing Apps). Now, When I scroll down to file sharing apps, iBooks no longer appears. I tried going to the books tab and dragging and dropping the books but nothing appears to happen.

3a.

Re: Earphone Jack Not Making Good Contact

Posted by: "chris.magill1959@att.net" chris.magill1959@att.net   acmagill2000

Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:52 pm (PST)



I just had to do this a few nights ago as the ear speaker had quit working again. Rubbing alcohol and most of the qtip removed and a couple of quick turns got it working again.

Chris

----- Original Message -----
From: flanboat
To: apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:38 AM
Subject: [apple-iphone] Re: Earphone Jack Not Making Good Contact

I had a problem with the mic not working on my headphone with the mic cord and read a forum that said this could be caused by lint or dirt in the headphone jack . It said to remove most of the cotton off the head of a qtip and insert and clean very lightly.

--- In apple-iphone@yahoogroups.com, Mark <hargrme@...> wrote:
>
> My iPhone 4 earphone jack is not making good contact. I have a brand new
> Apple earphone, so I know that's not the problem.
>
> I'm assuming that the contacts are dirty. What's the best way to clean
> them?
>
> Mark
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Cat Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Join a Group

all about cats.

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Resources and tips

for parents

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.