9/19/2012

[macsupport] Digest Number 9126

2 New Messages

Digest #9126
1a
Re: iBooks, DRM Note, Question by "Denver Dan" denverdan22180
2a
Re: iOS 6? by "Harry Flaxman" hflaxman001

Messages

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:57 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Denver Dan" denverdan22180

Howdy.

I have the Kindle app on my iPad and have purchased one book from
Amazon in Kindle format and then read it on the iPad.

There is, however, no folder named "Docs > My Kindle Content" on my Mac
and there is no book so named and the iTunes Music Library folder has
no folder and no book for Kindle app. The iTunes Music Library folder
does have books for the Apple iBooks app on the iPad - both free books
and purchased books.

It is possible that the Kindle app for iPad ONLY stores things in
Amazon's cloud?

Denver Dan

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:28:27 -0700, Bekah wrote:
> So you're trying to go from a Kindle non-DRM book and read it in the
> iBooks app? Hmmm.... I read on my Kindle app so I really don't
> know.
>
> The Kindle books are kept in the Docs > My Kindle Content folder.
> See if you can take a book out and put it into the iBooks folder and
> maybe sync your Mac with your iPad. ???? (The books are
> numbered, not titled, so it might not be easy to find one you want
> to move - I have hundreds of books.) The books each have between 1
> and 3 files.
>
> I don't have the iBook reader on my Mac or I'd do it and tell you if
> it works. (I really only use the Kindle.) I don't have Mountain
> Lion (later today!) either so I can't even do the iBook Lite yet.
>
> Bekah

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:34 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"Harry Flaxman" hflaxman001

On 9/19/2012 10:54 AM, Michael P. Stupinski wrote:
> Guess that should have been 1:00PM EDT, not EST. I always get confused on that, although I know when to adjust the clock. LOL
>
> .........Mike

That's better than mid-day CA time.

Harry

GROUP FOOTER MESSAGE